Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Anyone blog for money? Next Topic  

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  08:17:20 AM  Show Profile
I currently do a cooking blog for fun. I was wondering if anyone blogs as a work from home job? Any ideas? I'm looking for a supplemental income and a challenge - something to engange my mind. My skills are - cooking, canning, baking, cheese making, gardening, farming, sewing, crocheting and teaching (degree). Any thoughts?

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com

longbeachfox
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Mary
Long Beach WA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  8:02:22 PM  Show Profile
My brother is a graphic artist from San Francisco and tells me that people there pay others to blog for their companies. I really do not know how it works, but have heard him say that. You might be able to go online and find companies looking for someone to do that.

Farmgirl # 2532

With God...Nothing Is Impossible!

http://foxontherunarts.blogspot.com

www.etsy.com/shop/longbeachfox

Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  10:35:45 AM  Show Profile
That is a really good idea. Thanks!

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Gloria Bonde
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Gloria
Hot Springs SD
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  11:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Cooking, canning, baking, cheese making, gardening, farming, sewing, crocheting and teaching! You are the kind of person I want to learn from and have as a friend! I have been blogging for a year and a half. I earn a regular "job" income from home by helping households shop for safer, eco-friendly everyday products. It is not an MLM nor do I keep any inventory. I have a link on my blog. So that is one way a blog can help with income. I would love to visit with you online about what I do. Who knows maybe it will be right for you. My blog is at www.DakotaGarden.com - PS: I haven't bought a loaf of bread since September of 2009 - I make a sourdough bread from a culture captured from my grapes. Also, recently I have been contacted by a company that wants to pay me to have a link to their company on my blog and just yesterday I was contacted from a company that wants me to test some organic fertilizers and write a review if I like them. I have a fellow blogger friend who got a free new lawnmower for posting a review of their product. When a blog gets a good readership they can make money from links - Please contact me. You never know until you look. :)

www.DakotaGarden.com
Go to Top of Page

Bensgrandma
True Blue Farmgirl

227 Posts

Alexis
White Oak PA
USA
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  2:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I saw your post and was interested in blogging too. I have never had the time to set one up or keep it up-to-date. I did write a few articles on eHow a few years ago and I was doing pretty well on there. Then it got to be a hassle with so many people either plagerizing my work and rewriting it or nonsense articles that did not make sense. Some of them weren't even articles.

I just deleted my articles and quit. It may be better now. There was also some associated press site that contacted me a few times but I never really looked into it.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsandStitches
Go to Top of Page

theoldecrone
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Amy
Denver Colorado
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:10:00 AM  Show Profile
Most bloggers who make money at it, do so by blogging regularly, getting a lot of followers, and then they sell advertising on the blog. They blog for "free," giving value to their readers, but make money from the ads in the sidebars.

Amy Kalinchuk
Author, Making Soap in Your Own Kitchen
http://www.crafte-revolution.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Anyone blog for money? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page