kluckingbear
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Tabitha
Ellensburg WA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  4:17:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm only 43, but I've got really bad arthritis in my hands (runs in the family). I really don't want to take any prescription Rx for it and I'm not thrilled about taking pain relievers all the time. There's got to be some old-fashioned cures and glucosamine doesn't count. I've heard that cherries are good, but they're pretty seasonal. What else?

~Come visit me at my blog www.kluckingbear.blogspot.com

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  4:30:54 PM  Show Profile
I was on Remicade for moderate/severe rheumatoid arthritis. While it kept my hands from becoming knobby, it was not emphasized enough about the fact that one of the side effects was lymphoma. You guessed it, I had lymphoma all last year and required chemotherapy. I am now clear, but I'm very wary of medications and also VERY TIRED of watching all those TV commercials about different drugs to take for different problems. I would like to see them go the way of the cigarette.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

earthmamaT
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Tammy
portola California
96 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  8:37:09 PM  Show Profile
I have fibromyalgia and severe arthritis in my knee and shoulder. There are a couple of things I do that help. Drink nettle infusions. Nettle is anti inflammatory PLUS it has tons of minerals & vitamins. To make an infusion put 1/2 cup of dried nettle in a quart jar. Cover with boiling water let set for 4-8 hours. Strain and drink. I can tell a differnace within a week. Drink at least a quart a day. Try soaking your hand in a pan of hot water with dead sea salts. This really helps when the pain gets bad. After soaking I rub down the area with a warm oil infused with with Arnica & ginger.

Tammy ~
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

meggy2
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

barb
Flemington Missouri
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  06:29:45 AM  Show Profile
is it osteo-arthritis from use or rhumatoid? Mine is osteo and if you blend 1 Quart grape juice, 1 cup apple juice,1/2 cup apple cider and one box of pectin, refrigerate and drink a cup or two every day, it seems to help. Be sure to use organic juice NOT made from concentrate or it won't work. I also have a parafin pot that my hubby got me for CHristmas a few years ago, slather your hands with lotion, dip into the pot a couple times, and put a plastic bag over your hand. feeels great and makes them soft too. I know it hurts but try to open them up slowly and widely to exercise them and keep them from getting so stiff. I open pop bottles all day on my job(quality control) and over the years it has made mine stiff and sore from using the same muscles and tendons.Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic arthritis in my hands Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page