Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 When do you feel most like a farmgirl?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic When do you feel most like a farmgirl? Next Topic
Page: of 2

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  11:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Wow, I've tears! Yeah, I'm such a sap!

Each of you has reminded me I've done all that and some more. Libbie your personal triumph is a master piece of emotion and love. I've had the moments, too.

I've moved irrigation pipe, built fences, raked and baled hay, driven a combine, a cotton picker, and a green bean picker. I've pulled calves, been there comforting and encourgeing a mare during delivery, watch quietly as a rabbit doe kindled and milk cows in early morning and again as the sun sinks low. I've sat on the porch dirty from head to toe after working on a feeder slab for pigs, or worked 400 head of cattle through the shoots and branded their calves and feeling as if the world is so very good, and I'm clean and whole. I've sat on the porch and watched deer moving across the pasture, a coyote smelling the wind, a skunk or raccoon going about their routines, the birds singing, the insects humming. Mother Earth draws my soul and I've always surrendered to her beauty and wisdom.

Thank you with so much love for each of your farmgirl moments, as each one is also mine....

With love
Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic When do you feel most like a farmgirl? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page