CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  5:42:35 PM  Show Profile
is there ONE favorite SPOT you love to be? i read not too long ago .. of a magazine contest for people to submit their story of their most favorite SPOT to be .. i believe the winner chose .. the far left end side of her SOFA .. she went on to relate how the cushion, over time, had molded itself to her own body .. how she sat there to read, think, visit .. and what a 'comfort' spot it was for her.

do YOU have a favorite SPOT? tell us all about it!

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  6:16:29 PM  Show Profile
I tend to gravitate toward my computer at the back of our house in a little crammed office. The reason is, there is a window that looks directly at our old cherry tree and the large flower bed I have made. There is always activity on the tree in the flowers, etc. I watch hummingbirds, the squirrels, bluejays, neighbor kitties, all the time. Even while I sit here now the neighbor girl is over on their deck blowing bubbles and ever so often one or two float by my window. I can watch the changing of the season right from this chair. I have a tendancy to grab my Sunday morning coffee and sit here and just watch. I guess you would call this my favorite spot.

Anne in Portland

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  8:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
LOL, I guess mine would be the far right end of my sofa. We've had several sofas over the years, but I always gravitate to the same end! I sit there and watch TV, read, snuggle with my kids, etc.

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  9:17:56 PM  Show Profile
gee, I actually have two fave spots..one is at my kitchen window where I have planted outside of the window a lovely draping drake elm fixed up with a "see rock city" barn red birdhouse and feeders and birdbath...I love watching the activity at the feeders every morning and early evening..then my other fave spot is up under my arbour in the backyard that is surrounded with jasmine vine and plantings of irises and lily of the nile and my other plants...where I can just sit and relax.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  10:49:12 PM  Show Profile
I have a big wing back chair in our living room...it is near a window that looks out towards the fields of our farm. A dear quilt my MIL made for me is folded in the seat ready for use. This is the place I love to sit early in the morning to read my Bible, sip coffee & pray. I keep a basket nearby filled with devotional books, a study, notecards, and my Bible. A dear friend encouraged me long ago to make myself a little nest...a place to go to meet The Lord in the quiet moments. I find it is the place I gravitate to.

Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  11:40:24 PM  Show Profile
My favorite spot is my backyard. But when I can't be out there then it would be my couch.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun.
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  03:49:11 AM  Show Profile
Well, if I get to build my little getaway shed next spring, I have an idea that is where my favorite spot will be. Other than that, I LOVED visiting France, it is absolutely gorgeous there, but there were places I would like to visit there that I didn't get to see, like the lavender fields!! I can only imagine how nice that must smell!! I do love sitting on my back porch with my feet up on the railing. I can sit there and just vegitate or read..........just being quiet and soaking up all the sounds of nature around me, very settling and quieting for me.

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  04:11:57 AM  Show Profile
my favorite spot is a small area in my garden. As small as it is, when you round the corner there's a spot in the shade w/ a bench & table. its away from everything & gives me privacy when I need it. My flowers are blooming, the bes are humming, butterflies flinting aroud and Im in GARDEN HEAVEN.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  05:27:55 AM  Show Profile
oh how i am enjoying your favorite 'spots' .. .i was trying to figure out mine here at cabin creek .. and no one particular spot jumped out at me .. it seems i gravitate here and there enjoying everywhere! now .. when we were in maryland .. i'd have to say that i reeeeeely loved my big forest green 'snuggle chair' .. it was big enough for one and a half people (just the right size for grammie and a grandchild!)

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  05:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I have two favorite spots- the first being my kitchen table. Whether sitting with friends, family or just by myself, this is a warm safe fun place to be. The second is on the sidelines at my son's football game. Tonight he plays at 5:40- the first game of the summer and I can't wait.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  06:32:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm like Beth- I have 2 favorite spots. The first one is an old hospital crib that I have set up as a day bed on the back porch. It is cozy and comfortable and a great place for reading a book ( or taking a nap!) The second is my clothesline, believe it or not. We had built a pergola in the side yard a few years ago, and this Spring turned it into my clothesline. So, with it's cute little disguise, it bears all of our washing everyday, except for Friday and Sunday. We are decking underneath it soon, and I will paint it green and white stripes like the porch and put big pots of geraniums at each side. I won't ever want to leave there!

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic your favorite SPOT? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page