Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How to properly embarass yourself...just did it...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to properly embarass yourself...just did it... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile
We are taking a few days off and in a hotel now. So, the maid came by and asked if we needed anything.

I barely cracked the door and asked for more towels. I didn't want my precious bratty dogs to get out so I didn't open the door very wide.

I got so flustered with my dogs barking and trying to get the towels thru the door that I actually said, and I quote, "I can't open the door any more, I don't have any clothes on."

Yes, I did.

The maid, to her eternal credit, didn't even bat an eye and just looked away, down the hall. I'm sure she's seen and heard everything.

Then I tried to explain that I DID have a large T-shirt on but was trying to keep the dogs in and get the towels and couldn't stand directly in front of the door because I didn't have pants on (did have underwear though, thank goodness) and...you get the pic.

So embarrassed, so very, very embarrassed....

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  11:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

Colleen Easlon
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Colleen
Port Orford OR
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  12:20:33 PM  Show Profile
=) That is something you'll be able to laugh at for years to come lol. If it makes you feel any better, I stupidly made a comment to my family a few weeks ago, that I wondered why people only wore black & white clothing in all the old photos I was looking at. (they were black & white photos) oops. I'm still getting teased about that one.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile
You are right!

She has probably seen just about EVERYTHING-

Don't be embarrassed...I am sure she appreciated your honesty!

(Your story made me laugh out loud-

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  1:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who embarasses myself. Although I think I may have ya'll beat!
A few years ago I was working in a gas station. We were busy, busy, busy and I did not see this guy come in or maybe I would have had myself under control a bit more. I had just dropped some money or something to where I was looking at the floor and not at who was in front of me. So when I got right to wait on the next in line, I came face to face with this really hunky guy (you know big arms and shoulders, tanned, wearing a white tank) and my jaw dropped. I swear I almost slobbered all over the counter. I was so embarassed I immeadiately turned the deepest shade of red you can imagine! He just smiled. You could tell he thought it was hilarious so a few nights later he came in wearing no shirt. He didn't get the same reaction out of me though. LOL

Just gives us something to laugh at ourselves later on about. I don't know bout you, but sometimes I could use a good laugh.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  6:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona-

Don't even worry about it! I used to clean hotel rooms and we did hear and see everything. I bet the maid was grateful you were being so modest! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  8:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, ladies, Ladies, You all are so funny! I have been going through some pretty tough medical stuff, and I needed to laugh. Afterall, laughter is the best medicine, and especially when one can laugh at themselves.

On that note here is one for you! Unfortunately this is a true story, and trust me when I tell you I could write a book on red faced moments.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

One month before retiring from teaching, Some of my fellow teachers, who enjoy pulling pranks on me, had me believing they were going to pull a fast one on me. The entire day, I would look anxiously over my shoulder waiting for them to pounce. Imagine my surprise, when the day ended and no pranks. I thought I was in the clear. Upon leaving the school for the day, I made a stop in the restroom, Here one must keep in mind I am a very short person. All of the stalls were occupied with the exception of one reserved for handicap. I proceeded to sit upon the porcelain throne with my pants dangling at my ankles. My feet were about 6 inches off the floor. All of a sudden, I heard the door to the restroom open and I hear two people whispering and giggling, thinking these two ladies were prank loving friends, I tried to lean way over and to get a glimpse of their shoes, when all of a sudden (Yep! You guessed it!) I took a nose dive somersault off of that throne, and there I laid with my lower half of my body hanging out from under the stall door. Pants still gracefully hugging my ankles. All of a sudden I hear screams, and yelling, Are you alright????? I suddenly realized these two ladies were not my prank loving friends. They were two ladies who were on our board of school trustees. My face gets red and hot everytime I relive this day.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! After finding that only my pride was hurt, the two helped me up and promised to never speak a word of this. The next day, my school principal, hand delivered a package that was hand delivered to him. The package consisted of a seatbelt like one would use in a car. The seatbelt came with specific instructions on how to install and use. Yep! you guessed right again..that thoughtful gift came from those two board members.LOL!

Thank You for making me smile! I Love my Farmgirl Sisters!

Debbie
buzzn bee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  10:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Debbie- That is hilarious!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  06:04:53 AM  Show Profile
silly girl

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  08:22:36 AM  Show Profile
you gals are so funny-it is nice to know that we all embarrass ourselves. i do it so many times i can't think of 1 example!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:01:03 AM  Show Profile
oh Debbie that was great! I can, in no way top that, but since we are sharing embarrassing moments...

I was on a road trip with a co-worker. We had flown down to Florida from Maryland. The client we were meeting was several hours away so we got a rental car and headed out. About two hours in, I needed a restroom so we stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. I had been driving, my co-worker decided to stay in the car. About twenty minutes later, he was getting worried and I had to go explain to him why I was taking so long.
I had stuffed the keys into my back pocket as I always do. If you've ever had a rental car you know they have an extra (long) tag attached. Well I finished my business, stood up, turned and hit the keys. My hand hit the flusher at the same time the keys hit the toilet. Woosh.... down they went. The lady in the store was very nice about it, but I'm sure she was laughing her head off, especially when We had to call the rental car company to bring us another car. There wasn't another set except two hours away.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  3:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh, ladies, ladies...these are too funny! Thank you for sharing and starting this year off with a giggle or two!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i'm with mary jo. i embarras myself too often for my own good. usualy its the result of my big mouth. i tend to say just what i think and hanging around with a lot of guys, sometimes its stuff that shouldnt ever be said.

http://www.alittlebitofred.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How to properly embarass yourself...just did it... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page