Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Alabama or Southern Sisters? Meeting 2/26
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Alabama or Southern Sisters? Meeting 2/26 Next Topic
Page: of 2

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll. I've been a sister for a year now. Woo-Hooo!! Time sure flys by. I posted once when I was a newbee but now that we are such a large sisterhood I wanted to extend my hand out again and find out if anyone was from my part of the good ole USA. I would like to plan a get-together for the summer. Before the garden takes over my life, this year it will LIVE!!!! I have the Poor House Farmgirl Chapter and we want to have lots of sisters to become members.. send me your info and I'll get back to you soon... I just love being a Farmgirl Sister and I want to make it a fun thing for the chapter too. Are there any Southern Sisters out there???

Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??

Edited by - Daizy on Jan 29 2011 10:03:41 AM

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Daizy. I am right below Chattanooga in Chickamauga, Ga. I am not too far from Al. I can just go over Lookout Mt. and hit 59. There are alot of Southern farmgirls on here. I've met several. I would love to meet more. We are supposed to have a weekend in Oct. 2011 in the N. Ga. mountains. Can't remember where at the moment but if Karrieann jumps in here she is in charge of that get together.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  10:16:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Let me join ya....that is such a beautiful part of Gods Country. I am putting a sticky note in August and then September to make sure I get all the info. I board and groom dogs and cats and run 100 head of cattle so I have to do major planning in order to even think about a vacation but I'm due one and I want to do it with my sisters. MJ sisters and my 2 blood sisters too. I am bringing them along slowly, Look for "earthgirl" on some of the blogs soon She is an official Sister now and is learning to wade into the main stream....I can't wait for more info Karrieann tell me something!!!

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  9:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
Hello! I'm fairly new to MJF, lurked mostly, and have only recently become more involved. I am in Huntsville, Alabama, now, having moved back here from South Dakota (lived there for 16 years). Currently recuperating from surgery so I have lots of time on my hands. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  4:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan and I'm glad to have another Alabama Sister. My sister lives in Guntersville so perhaps we could get together this spring. I have to plan my outting in advance since there are calves and then hay then,,,,,something else follows....Welcome to MJ also. I have had a real blast doing badges and blogging with like minded girls. I have a Chapter started but don't have an abundance of sisters joined up as of yet. We are the Poor House Farmgirls i haven't set up my henhouse yet but plan to soon.. Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Daizy!

I live in New Market Al. Originally from PA but love it here. Let me know when you have the henhouse up and I will join ya!

Denise

http://nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  2:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Hay Denise, I don't check back often enough. Busy. Busy. Welcome to Alabama. Is New Market north? Where is it close to? I've been typing to Belle and she is coming to Mississippi in April and wouldn't it be neat to have us all meet over there for a weekend of Glamping?

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  05:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from middle Ga!! Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Daizy! I live in Rogersville, AL on a 5-acre homestead. I've been a Farmgirl for almost a year now and haven't seen many other folks from Alabama. It's great to know that there are more of us out there! I would love for us to have a henhouse.

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll Welcome Lindsay and Barbara, I will contacting Brian at MJ about the Poor House Farmgirl Chapter this afternoon to find out what I am doing wrong /or missed about starting the henhouse. Now that we have a few "local" chicks I need to get hopping,huh? Don't give up on me, please. I am very busy right now, its so cold out that I have to tote water to the horses and bust the water up for the cows. I have an open tractor and about froze putting out hay for the cows (89 total plus one bottle fed) I also board and groom dogs and cats and had to walk 8 this morning. This must be done as soon as they hear my alarm clock go off or they can't hold it. I try to drop in daily here but sometimes I miss out, so please bear with me. I'll contact Brian tho becoz I really want to set up henhouse and get us all together. Yes, there are not meny of us in Alabama but we are increasing..Be sure to invite your local friends who are like minded. Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  01:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for the welcome! It's nice to "meet" you! Daizy I'd love to get together with you and your sister! I totally love Guntersville and the whole lake area and hope to move out that way eventually. And Denise and Lindsay, you know you're right up the road from me in Huntsville! Lindsay, my mom lives in Florence, and of course I go through Rogersville on my way down 72 and back. I'm planning to head her way very soon for at least a couple of days so we can run around thrifting, antiquing, and visiting some relatives in NE Mississippi! Happy times!

quote:
Originally posted by catgirl

Hey Daizy!

I live in New Market Al. Originally from PA but love it here. Let me know when you have the henhouse up and I will join ya!

Denise

http://nittinfool.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
I work at ECM, so I make the drive to Florence pretty regularly. :) It's kind of a long drive, but there aren't any hospitals closer. It's really neat to find some folks here from my neck of the woods. I'm originally from Athens and my parents still live there, so I head your way pretty often also!

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  6:58:03 PM  Show Profile
OHHHHH ( ME: Clapping Hands!!! ) I'm so glad to hear that some of us local sisters are making connections...I just know they will be great ones. I did not catch up with Brian yet about our henhouse but tomorrow is a new day....I will try to reach him after I feed cows, etc. I think we should plan an outing somewhere and soon. Maybe on February 26th?? That is a Saturday and, if I'm correct, it looks like all of you are in North Alabama and I am in Central Alabama.. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Some where central in the northern part of the state. I don't know where would be a good place but maybe one of us can come up with something we could do and earn some badges too. I'll be looking, maybe a dairy or .... Put on those thinking caps girls and lets have some fun. CU back here soon, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  5:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Daizy, I am from Mississippi. I believe I am about 4 hours or so from you. I haven't been on here in a few weeks. Life has happened. I will have to check out your farmgirl chapter. Good to see more Southern gals on here!!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Hay Janet at Merry Heart Farm....I fully understand what you mean about "life happening" Same here...I was suppose to reach Brian at the MJF and work out the issues with our Poor House Farmgirl hen house/chapter and I haven't had the time.. I'm bottle feeding and birthing at the present time (not me but the cows). I will do that this week and I want to plan a Meet and Greet in April before hay season gets going. Please check back everyone and poke me in the side if I mis-step again. And if you want to come on over from Mississippi than we would love to have you...that goes for all you Southern SISTERS. I will try to make it somewhere semi local for the majority of us.....but that might be impossible.. Later. Love and Prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  09:42:21 AM  Show Profile
Bumping this to the top Go to GATHERED UP and take a look at our meeting on Feb 26th. Ya'll Come, Ya Hear!!!

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Bumping this again!!!! Any one interested in meeting??? 2/26 in No. Alabama Mtns. Going to be fun...door prizes....any more suggestions? Whos coming???

Love and Prayers
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile
I would really like to come let me see if i can get a sitter... I am so happy to see other Bama Farm Girls on here!!! Woooo Hoooo
what time is all the fun going to begin?

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Kristy, Did you get a sitter yet? I am leaving home at 6:00 Saturday and that will put me getting there at about 8:30 +-. I cant check in til 11:00 but I can hang around the lodge/resturant/meeting room til everyone gets there. We need to decide if we want to have picnic or covered dish for lunch and then eat at the resturant for dinner or vis-versa. Lunch is always cheaper than dinner....i'm just saying... So far I have me and Jamie (my Neice-in-law) and possible my sister, Earthgirl for the sleeping over chicks. Anyone else? Right now it looks like only one chalet/cabin.... Let me know girls.

I am excited....or does it show!!!!

Love and Prayers, Your SISTER
Daizy

P.S. As we get closer and I am sure who is coming I will e-mail my cel phone number so if you need me you can call me.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  05:04:19 AM  Show Profile
I have someone that is trying to baby sit, but will not know for sure untill later. I guess just count me in. I can only come for the day though. Whoot whoot!!! I am just a tiny bit excited my self :-)

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  06:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Hay Kristy,

I hope your person can sit for you. Iknow what it means to "get away" if only for the day (but hope you can stay the night) Look on the "FINAL CALL" thread for the list of sisters and events, etc. I'm counting you as coming just in case you can.

C U, Daizy

P.S. Check your e-mail for a note from me.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  07:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Do you have a final count of how many farmgirls will be there?

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile
Ok I have "gathered up" our info and here it is:

Day Only: Kristin-Ga., Kelly (& DD)-Tn., Kristy-Al.
Overnight: Daizy (me)-Al., Elaine-Al., Jamie-Al.,

Wishing you would join us: Ruth-Ga., Susan-Al., Denise-Al., Barbara-Ga., Lindsay-Al., Janet-Ms.

I am bringing: Marshmellows, chocolate bars, graham crackers, camera (photo for MJF), my apron, my hat, door-prizes.....

Kris - you stuck your foot in it and invited us on a tour of your farm (or were you joking?) I would like to come out on Sunday on my way home if its ok?

I figured that since we are so few spending the night that we would just visit and socialize at the chalet and have girl time to get to know each other. Then we could have an early dinner at the resturant so everyone that has to drive home can not be too late getting back.....all this can be changed around as we see fit.

I want to take a few photos of us in our aprons and then some shots of each of us just being us and enjoying the day. If you have something you want to bring for "Show-N-Tell" that would be great.

I am bringing a journal that I would like everyone to take a few minutes to sign and write a short note in along with your addresses, I will attach our photos into it later.....I will also be sending you each a copy of the photos taken for you to keep......one of the "Party Favors" is a small photo book for each of us and when I get home I will copy the journal and send it to you also along with the photos.

If you want to add anything to this list please do so.....
If you want to come and are not listed please do so......

If you have any questions please ask them.
I am sending my cel phone number to you via e-mail so write it down in case you need to reach me while in-route or if not coming at the last minute so I won't worry (I tend to worry alot).

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.....can't wait to meet everyone!!!!

Love and Prayers and Safe Travels,
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Daizy,
I might be bringing someone with me...

Edited by - Ca-Reds on Feb 21 2011 4:22:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  3:47:15 PM  Show Profile
Daizy, I would LOVE for y'all to come here. I just took my black heifer to the butcher this morning. Now Mazie is all alone for wahile. And my doe Abby is not feeling well right now. I am worried about her. I have a really good vet in Summerville I might take her to tomorrow. But really, I would love to have everyone here. Y'all can help feed critters!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  07:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll I have onky a second to send this out so....short and sweet!

Kristy, please feel free to bring your friend as long as she has an apron!!!
Krisin, I want to come by on Sunday. I cn just follow you home. If the other sisters want to come on Saturday then we can do it since we haven't got a real tight schedule. We can wait to see what time everyone gets there.

Which, by the way, what time is everyone planning on arriving?

Love and Prayers,

Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Alabama or Southern Sisters? Meeting 2/26 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page