Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter themed ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter themed ideas Next Topic  

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  8:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I am a preschool teacher and am looking for some easy fun "winter" themed crafts. Snowmen, snowflakes, fun things like that!!!! They need to be cheap as well!!!

***BettyJo****

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  5:18:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Betty Jo,

Here is a neat project I did for our Sunday School kids. My lesson was on being 'white as snow'.

~Snowflake Window Clings. Cut paper large enough to slip in a ziploc bag. On the paper itself with a sharpie or marker, draw snowflake patterns. Slip the paper into the bag and seal. Let the kids use Puffed Fabric Paint (I found some Opalescent at Wal-Mart) and trace the snowflake designs directly onto the bag. When they are done they can sprinkle snowy glitter on the tracings. Let dry completely before removing the snowflakes from the outside of the bag. These make great window clings and the kids have fun :) I hope this makes sense to you :)

~Melted Snowman Cookies. I recently saw cookies decorated as "melted Snowmen". Prebake sugar cookies (or buy them), you are lookng for a round shape. Frost with Royal Icing to look like a puddle. Here is where the kids can come in (or they can make the puddles too!) Take either a half or whole large marshmallow and place on the cookie. This will look like the snowman's head. The picture I had seen used sprinkles for the eyes and nose but you could probably come up with something better. The end result is Melted Snowmen.

Family Fun Magazine's website often has really cute seasonal projects for kids, you can probably just revise to what extent the kids can actually work on it.

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/holiday-seasonal-crafts/

Hope this helps :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  9:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo - have you done the snowman face on a paper plate yet? As the teacher, you can first staple a small ribbon or string "loop" to the top back of the plate for hanging once the snowman is complete. Next, the kids dip a whole bunch of cotton balls in glue and attach them to the plate. Then they glue on either black paper or felt eyes, nose and mouth; a cut out black paper or felt hat with a red "band", and a red paper or felt "scarf" piece. It's adorable. You, the teacher, can cut out all the pieces ahead of time for them to assemble, if that's best. I have a whole bunch of "Mailbox" teacher's idea magazines somewhere up in the attic. They always had the best ideas. Oh! And yes! Family Fun Magazine is a great resource, too... I'll have to see what I have. I'll take a look up there after the holiday and see if I can't find something else for you to do with the kids, too! What fun! I miss those little kid days! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 30 2010 9:58:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  10:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I have done the snowman with a paper plate I love that one as well I was looking for some I have a few mail box magazines but I just started teaching so I dont have that many!!! Thanks NINI for the great ideas.
Sharon I am headed to that website for sure NOW thanks for the awesome idea I will be looking forward to trying this one!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter themed ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page