katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  7:52:04 PM  Show Profile
UUGGHH!, I so want to go Glamping,,,come on Winter, hurry up and morpf into Spring.....
In the mean time I will head down to my sewing room and work on the curtains for my Trailer #3,,,aka 'Farm-girl on the Loose',,,,
I posted pics on my trailer blog...so slid on down to the "trailerhood" & take a peek.....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  04:10:54 AM  Show Profile
Me too! We have not finished our little glamper yet. I have been sourcing stuff for the interior. It will be various tartan plaids. We also found a snap together hand scraped pine floor to put in her. My "Skally-wagon" will be on the road this year...can't wait.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  07:04:49 AM  Show Profile
(Sigh) So wish we could get a trailer, preferably with a bathroom in it. Hopefully soon though. I'll daydream over everybody else's trailers and how they're making them over.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  04:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Me too! My trailer is parked behind the house. Every time I walk past it, I think about camping!

My 9 yo has been talking about going too. We're going to put together a list of places we want to camp at as soon as spring starts to peek through.

I'm headed to Hallmark to look for that ornament I saw on your blog! How adorable! We have lots of camping/fishing themed ornaments. This would be perfect for our tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  07:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I wanna go to . . . but it's too cold and wintry.

Our Hallmark store was out of the ornament . . as was the store in the nearest neighborhing town. So, I bought the "Merry Mixer" instead!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  6:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll I'm in the south (Alabama) and its pretty cold for camping here too. I want to go but I won't have a camper type camper. Can I still go if I get a horse trailer with living quarter in it? I need it to be dual purpose so I can simplify my fleet.... Were would you like to meet this summer, somewhere central, or coastal, or maybe in the mountains. Where oh where is my next vacation!!!! Love and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:38:10 PM  Show Profile
hey Daisy,
I also belong to a group called 'Sisters on the Fly' and one of the gals (from TX)does just that, she has a 2-horse, trailer w/birth(sp) that she can dress in and has a little bed to nap in....
It's not what you use to Glamp in ,,,it's just the fun & making of memories....
Happy trails and I think as soon as weather permits, all us farm gals should 'gather-up and 'Wagons Ho!'.....

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Dec 29 2010 8:39:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  6:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Just tell me when and where. IF I don't have the trailer I can still pull out the tent. It needs to be aired out and weatherproofed but I'm not to old for the old ways.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  10:14:57 AM  Show Profile
ok, I was just peeking at some of the newer SOTF gals 'mode of trailer transportation" and we now have 3 gals who use their horse trailers for camping, 2 tenters, and several of those 'pop-up tents that are on a lil tote typ of trailer.... see, it's not the who or what...it's all about the 'be there & have fun'...lol!
Summer can not get here fast enough...
: > )

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 10 2011 10:16:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  10:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I think I fit in the "be there & have fun" catagory. I have a 2005 Winnabago, class C, 23ft motorhome. BUT, I have a vintage fly rod that my son gave me. Going to learn how to do the flyfishing thing. I wanna go too!!!

I promis not to run the generator and watch Satalite TV.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Belle, What a hoot, I laughed when I read your reply. I have always been fasinated by fly fishing ( Cane pole, thats me) so we could learn together if we could talk one of the experienced sisters to teach us. When I got my Christmas decor out I moved some of the camping supplies so I figure that since I'm single now that all that stuff is now called GLamping gear!! Sounds good don't it!!! I c ur in Kansas - how many hrs is that from Alabama, I wonder! Oh, there r so many spots I have yet to visit that anywhere we meet would be great. We go to Cherokee N.C. and Ga/Tn mtns. mostly. How loud is the generator, anyway?

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  2:06:10 PM  Show Profile
Daizy, My DH died last July. I traded our big motorhome for this small one. One that I can go by myself or with a friend. My first trip is planned for First part of April to Natchez Miss. Drive the Natchez Trace. Bet we could work something out.

I may try to do the Ft Worth, cowgirl hall of fame. Depends on the dates and getting my garden planted.

I can't wait for this snow to melt. I am so ready to do something!! But first it has to STOP snowing.

Belle

Oh, I have not run the generator so I don't know how loud it is. Got a lot to learn about this little motorhome.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  2:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Belle, I am SO sorry for your lose. I hope you will remember that he is in a better place, a place where we also can go to later, in His time. I have a quilt retreat in April but don't have the date with me. Wouldn't it be neat to meet on the Trace? Let me know the dates and we could try to hook up and atleast have dinner over our camp fires together. I'll bring the wine or the hot coco, which ever.... Oh now I want this snow to melt soon....I have to prepare!!!

Love and prayers, Daizy (Dancing in the living room & yelling I'm going GLamping!!!)

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  4:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Daizy, You quilt TOO? I have quilted for years but have not been with an organization. The end of this month is a local quilt guild meeting and I plan to attend and join. Not much of a club person but should be fun.

We will definately have to work out a get together.

Belle, (Dancing in the living room and yelling, I'm going Glamping with Daizy!)

Rats, I just burned my supper. Time gets away when I'm in here with you gals.
Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  10:09:53 AM  Show Profile
Y'all sound like tons of fun! I doubt I'll get away for any glamping trips but I want to hear about your travels when you go!

Belle, I see your from Coffeyville. I'm just 45min from you up in Longton! I'm also keeping the Ft Worth Cowgirl Hall of Fame trip in mind. I'll have to see what's happening when the time comes as well, but it would be neat to meet up and road trip up there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!

Happy trails!
Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
~Dust is a country accent~
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  7:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Darn it. Belle I wrote to you via e-mail and saved it as a draft and now I can't find it. I am out of time now but will try to re-submit it(if possible) tomorrow. Hay, don't burn the dinner you could catch the house on fire!! Get a cheap timer and carry it to the computer with you. I use mine to carve out time for everything but it doesn't tell me where the draft of your e-mail is. And it was a good one. I'll find it and re-send, Hope you are doing well. CU. Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  09:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,
I am new new "farmgirl" from AZ. You all should really come here during the winter. We have great camping weather. I think it was 80 here this weekend! During the summer we go to the high country in the mountains and tent camp. I am getting the gist that "glamping" is a camping get together? have fun with the trailors!

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:35:42 PM  Show Profile
hey Cassey,
yep, "Glamping" is the cute term that MaryJane uses in her magazine article about the Sisters on the Fly and other groups of women who like to Glamour camp.....
We all decorate our lil tralers, some vinetage, some not,,,,some are over the top Blinged out and others have a Cowgirl theme while others have fun with themes like "Martini Time" or Cherries or Cupcakes,,,yes, I have a friend who did her whole trailer in cupcake fabric and calls her trailer "Cupcake".....
Infact AZ has a large number of Sisters on the Fly & "Big Sister #1, Maurrie lives in AZ.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  12:49:29 PM  Show Profile
While we are waiting for the weather to improve, we could live vicariously through another girl's adventure. Just discovered this blog - Just 5 more minutes with our Airstream. Here's the link: http://just5moreminutes.onsugar.com/tag/airstream

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
(site, blog & etsy shop)
Go to Top of Page

ChickieMama
True Blue Farmgirl

303 Posts

Angela
Banks Oregon
USA
303 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  11:25:27 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be camping in Arizona right now...getting so tired of the Oregon rain. My aunt and uncle go to Yuma each winter and just love it there!
quote:
Originally posted by blackfell_farmgirl

Hello all,
I am new new "farmgirl" from AZ. You all should really come here during the winter. We have great camping weather. I think it was 80 here this weekend! During the summer we go to the high country in the mountains and tent camp. I am getting the gist that "glamping" is a camping get together? have fun with the trailors!

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!

Farmgirl Sister#2808
"Happy Hens make Happy Eggs"
http://lazyjoranch.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/lazyjoranch
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic I Wanna Go Glamping! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page