Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 dirty santa/white elephant gift help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic dirty santa/white elephant gift help Next Topic  

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  3:54:52 PM  Show Profile
We can regift something, make something, or buy something. But if we buy something, it can't cost more than $5.

Help!

We already make a lot of things for the Christmas, so the homemade option is out. I've looked and looked for a neat gadget but haven't found anything that tickled my fancy. So I'm trying to think of things I can put together that I already have, but that is also lighthearted and funny. Maybe a redneck basket?

I'm kind of at a loss and not a lot of time to get it figured out. I need your help creative farmgirls!

Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~

~Dust is a country accent~

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  5:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
When I have to do a White Elephant Gift I always give a fleece blanket. Guys and girls alike love them and they are useable instead of something that will be shoved in some back corner and never seen again. I recieved a blanket from a gift exchange at work almost 10 years ago and we still use it all the time. It's one of the longest lasting "cheap" gifts I have ever recieved. If you don't want to make one, I have seen them at Wal-Mart lately for 2 for $5.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  03:54:47 AM  Show Profile
i think the fleece blanket is a wonderful gift-and so inexpensive everywhere right now- and hey--if they choose, they can regift it as well!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  09:58:27 AM  Show Profile
We just had a party Sat night and I made two quart jars of cookie mix, leaving out the wet and attaching instructions, and 2 mugs (I found them for 12 cents each) for bake int he oven breads. I have some make your own gift books and they are great for these types of things. Both went over very well.

Another thing we had brought was a bag of apples. Other stuff included, scarves and hats, emergency kits (candles, matches, poncho) that you might be able to keep under $5 and then put it in a ziplock bag for storage.

good luck.
Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic dirty santa/white elephant gift help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page