Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anyone else feeling a little...er...chunky?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone else feeling a little...er...chunky? Next Topic  

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  9:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, I don't know what happened (eyeroll), but over the course of this fall, I swear I've packed on about 10+ pounds. Yeah, yeah, I know as you get older, the easier it is to put on and the harder it is to put off...I guess it got me.

I'm just feelin' a little pudgy and I hate exercise. Sigh. What to do, what to do...

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  06:52:31 AM  Show Profile
hey amanda i think its the time of year. not so much the season of holiday but its winter. i always get a little layer now. it comes off in spring. the garden the calves the milking etc. lol i bet your just fine right now. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  06:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Get into walking for fun...take a friend, it makes the miles go quicker! Also dance is a great exercise with out it feeling like exercise! I'm one to talk, I need to lose a bunch!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile
I start really packin it on in the winter. That's when I use the miracle of fiber to remove it. If you add as much high fiber foods as possible it will balance you out and pull those pounds off a little at a time for you.

I love beans and whole grain breads, so it's easy for me. I actually eat refried beans blended with chili beans on bread as a sandwich. If you get the fat free beans it really makes a difference, but not in the taste department. I have lost close to 70 pounds over 2 years eatin things like that, and I can eat as much as I want, which is alot!

I don't believe in starvin myself or denyin myself anything. If my family eats out, which is rare, we eat at buffets and there is no diets. We eat whatever we want. Same goes for family and holiday get togethers. Those are our indulgences cause they don't happen often. We also have homemade sweets at the house. That way we can control the ingredients and use the healthiest options.

The only excersice we get around here is workin in the garden and stuff like that, so I have gotten creative with how to control our weight. It works well for us!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  10:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Thanks Angela! I need to go high fibre then. Cuz I'm way too heavy for my health.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies!

I do tend to put on a little in the winter, but now I am just feeling a little roly-poly. I swear, I could hibernate. I really could.

Annika, I think that I am going to start walking around my fence. It's about 4 acres total. I have 2 big dogs that would love the exercise, too :0)

Angela, I loooove me some beans! In fact, my hubby made chili last night with lots of beans. I also love how he makes 'pintos and cheese' which is not really pintos, but black beans that he blends up with garlic and spices, then tops them with hot sauce and cheese. It's the only thing at Taco Bell I can eat without getting ill, lol. So, we make it at home. I'll have to hit him up and get him to make me some. I don't deny myself foods either, but lately I've been eating a lot of...crap...so I need start being more conscious of it. I am really bad about drinking coffee with sugar and half and half...a lot of it. So, this morning I skipped coffee altogether, and made a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Muesli with a tiny sprinkle of sugar. It was really good.

:0)

FarmGirl #1390
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  08:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Right on board with you ladies!!! Need to really get back on track. About 2 yrs ago I lost 50 lbs eating ALL organic. The lbs came of easily and I cannot say I really deprived myself. Had cheese, ice cream etc. Just everything organic. REALLY makes you wonder what is put in our foods today?!! I had access to a great store with affordable organic. It is a bit tougher now that I have moved, and in 2 years have put nearly all of it back on. Sooo, my goal next year is to get it back off again!! Good luck to each of us!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  08:04:48 AM  Show Profile
Try the Mayo Clinic recipes! DD has lost 15 lbs. this fall by not eating out as often and using these wonderful recipes at home, oh yeah, she has been working out a few times a week.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  4:03:16 PM  Show Profile
I do. I just ate a plate of christmas cookies in the car on my way home in the 30 mile drive I don't even want to know how many calories I consumed. Oh well now there gone.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  06:38:35 AM  Show Profile
Totally with you - the pounds have been sneaking on for the past couple months and I'm not quite sure why. I've got to get it under control and lose the weight. My biggest problem is finding TIME to do exercise of any type.

For a fun alternative to walking I love the Wii game system. They have a series of workouts called Just Dancing that are a blast especially if you get a friend to dance with you. I also take bellydancing classes that are an awesome workout. Netflix has videos for bellydancing.

I'd really like to try snowshoeing on the weekends for not only myself but for the dogs but df isn't into it. I'd really like to find a partner as its always more enjoyable when you do stuff like that with somebody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  09:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Me too!

I had a doctor suggest I do the Atkins diet- carb free she said would be very good for me. So I am going to look into what that entails. I know it's not the most healthy long term but for a year or so it might be good for me. We'll see. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  10:10:42 AM  Show Profile
I never even thought about Netflix having those kind of videos! Thanks for the tip. I have played a Wii and I loved it, but I don't have one yet. Maybe one day...

I laughed out loud at eating the plate of cookies...I think I ate about a quarter of a pecan pie in one sitting! Other than that, though, I've been pretty good. I think I have lost a little weight just by getting up and getting more active. I've been on my feet all last week cleaning and baking, so I am sure that helped.

Alee, my cousin did the Atkins diet and lost a LOT of weight. Too much, in fact! But he has gained some back now. I am thinking that it isn't that great for your kidneys due to all of the protein you must eat. Well, that's what my brain is telling me, lol. Anyway, I am NO GOOD at a 'diet'. I just try to eat less of the fatty things and more veggies. I am a sad failure at 'dieting'. lol.

FarmGirl #1390
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  04:48:33 AM  Show Profile
We are going to the gym now, in addition to working out at home etc. We changed out breakfast cereal with steel cut oats, swapped crackers for celery to eat with homemade hummus etc. We avoid processed foods as much as possible, the holidays always have some naughty treats, huh?

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  2:23:51 PM  Show Profile
I raise my hand to this one. With all our snow, and my love of baking, this Christmas has me feeling that way. Can't wait for the thaw and temps where I can walk my dog again! I have a treadmill but it has decided to act up and it is so expensive to get them to come out to fix it, plus no one can really come down my driveway right now! (Sigh...)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  4:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey I just started this diet called "The flat belly diet" because I have an extra 30 pounds that I just couldn't lose and I can't spare more than 30 min exercise a day. So far it's been working for me! Even my husband has been eating healthier now! I follow their exercise thing in the book minus the 30-45 min walk since I don't own a treadmill, can't afford to drive to town and join a gym and it's in the negative temperature outside so I only do farm chores outside. No extra exercising outdoors until it gets a tad warmer! Above zero would be nice! Well I am going to keep up on this new diet routine because I have a lot of pre pregnancy clothes I want to wear this summer! My problem is I love to cook and I eat way too much! At least I can still cook somewhat normal and while my portions are smaller I savor every bite instead of rushing throughmy meals. My advice is to find what works for you and if in doubt find a nutritionist to make sure you are dieting safely! Good luck!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  9:06:42 PM  Show Profile
I just came to the conclusion the closet is shrinking my clothes!
Go to Top of Page

french08
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kim
Sharon Springs NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  06:29:18 AM  Show Profile
Yup, the closet shrinker has visited my closet too! Gotta get back into walking again.

~~Kim French~~
Farmgirl Sister #2997
Farmgirl at Heart From The Start
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:52:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yes, I am feeling chunky. I have managed to pack on quite a bit of weight this past year.... Started walking this month, adding in stretching, crunches, lunges, etc. I have never eaten a lot but it sticks and I notice that eating bread is really bad for me.
My goal is to lose some of this weight now...the weather is nicer...time to get outside.
Shelly

Edited by - buggysmum on May 26 2011 01:40:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  1:40:43 PM  Show Profile
I am glad that I am not the only one who exits the winter feeling chunky, I need to exercise more and eat more veggies
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  11:20:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm definitely there with you. This post menopausal woman's closet has shrunk her clothes also.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone else feeling a little...er...chunky? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page