Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Time Management Next Topic  

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone else have trouble with time management and getting motivated? And what do you do to fix it?

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:14:03 PM  Show Profile
I have a horrible problem with it. I can't seem to get motivatated for anything and I simply never have time for anything.

I still haven't found a way to handle it, so I take a day once a week and get someone to take the kids. That's my day to clean, do laundry, pay bills, organize, and everything that needs done. I run around like a crazy woman and collapse into bed that night like I'm dead or something.

That's the only way our life works around here.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:39:34 PM  Show Profile
I am terrible and I used to have so much energy and a clean house. Now .. . forget it. If the animals are alive at the end of the day, my work is done.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  3:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I do and I'm still trying to figure it out. lol Being super busy helps me to organize my time because I Have to get everything done.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  04:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Time Management, what is that? I used to be able to manage it way better than I do now. When I worked full-time I seem like I got way more done, probably because I had to. I like my new willy-nilly management system I employ now. I make a list, if it gets done I check it off. If it doesn't get done, I carry it over to the next days list. Sometimes at the end of the week my list is really long!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  08:08:33 AM  Show Profile
I kinda have a schedule. Each day I do one room. After 10 days I have cleaned the whole house and start over. Sometimes the room dosen't need more than 3 or 4 min quickie. Sometimes the room never gets finished. Does the system work? Not really. But when everything is in a mess, I at least have a place to start. Like today is pantry/closet day. But I didn't get finished with the utility room yesterday and I am having guest for dinner tonight. I'll be lucky to get the kitchen floor swept. I really impress my adult granddaughters. They think I really have it all together when I tell them about my system. All they have to do is look around to see that it dosen't always work.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I make lists, I do self pep-talks and try to set a schedule but I'm a chaotic, organic person at heart and things get done either when they have to or when they get done =P...I'm awful at time management, just to be honest.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  11:03:45 AM  Show Profile
My mom is a stickler for lists and her calendar. She used to keep her schedule so tight that a five minute delay in anything would throw off her whole schedule. She got a lot accomplished in a day, but her rigidity really drove us kids nuts. She's come down a few notches, though, thank goodness. I think now that she's older, she's seeing the value in enjoying life as it comes - making plans, but rolling with the speed bumps and detours. As a nod to my mom, however, I do keep a list of "to do-s" in my purse and at my computer desk. I am very forgetful when unexpected things pop up, and I hate letting anyone down or forgetting to accomplish much needed tasks. As far as time management, I don't keep to a very rigid schedule because experience has taught me that life just happens. I do, however, try to meet deadlines, and keep (and be either a little early or punctual) for appointments or when getting together with friends and family... I don't like holding anyone up. Oh! And don't feel bad if the housework slides, girls... I had read once that a messy home is a sign of a very interesting woman! I'm not messy, per se, but with all the teenage boys passing through my house, our home can definitely looked "lived in!" :) I quite enjoy having a little mud and dust in my home every now and then! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  2:28:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm a list maker also.If someone ask me to do something for them, if I don't write it down, if not reminded of it, I'll let it slip. My wanting to do something like my crafts and maybe meeting up with a girlfriend, usually goes to the bottom of the list. Time after time they just go to bottom and carried over to the next. And the same the next!!! I'm sure you get the picture. I've found lately that when I do get into my crafts that there are so many demands made for me that I just put it all away. I spend more time getting and putting things away and not much finished. The first of the year I'm going to try to set time aside for just what I need to do to relax. And I won't even be answering the phone. If I was workng I wouldn't be so available and thats what I'm trying to do is make up some things to sell. The extra I could make would help alot, as DH has yet to find a job. At one time I was great at time management but for now~~~~can't even remember how! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  6:42:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm a calendar-keeper and a "Control Journal" devotee, a la the Flylady (www.flylady.com if you're interested). My motivation is simply keeping all my plates spinning...I know if I don't keep tabs on everything, I end up living in chaos!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Time Management Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page