EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  12:58:41 PM  Show Profile
I have just ordered a Red Hat Society book that will be coming out soon. Any fans out there that can fill me in on them? This one, called The Red hat Society's Queen of Woodlawn Avenue looks to be a delicious read - I have read the excerpt - I know there is a Red Hat Society magazine too-

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  05:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy~~ I am always excited to see the "red hatters"! I am not old enough~~yet~~ to be a red hatter.I am not yet 50 so I can be a "pink" hatter but not red. I have a book "The Red Hat Society-Fun and Friendship after 50" written by founder and Queen Mother Sue Ellen Cooper. It is all based on the poem written by Jenny Joseph that "when I am an old women, I shall wear purple, with a red hat which doesnt go, and doesnt suit me...." Sue Ellen Cooper started give a red hat to all her friends approaching the big 50. She found her first in an antique store...and as each friend turned 50-she would give them a red hat which became her signature gift...She and her friends would wear them to tea and the first chapter of the Red Hat Society was born. There are over 300,000 Red Hatters accross the USA and around the world! Probably more since my book is a couple years old.
Those less than 50-can start a chapter but have to wear pink and lavendar-not red and purple. I dont belong to a chapter..mostly because that all the chapters are full around here..and I work full time and mostly they are women who have their days free for tea and shopping.
It is a way to look forward to turning 50~~
I cant wait!
I have a pink hat figurine and recently my grandaughter who is 8-and I were going to a tea room that day..She noticed my pink hat and I told her about the red hat ladies....and I told her we may see some at the tea room..Well~~ the red hatters did come to tea~~ and she was so excited to see them....You would think the Queen of England had just showed up! She said with big open eyes "THERE THEY ARE!!" My heart just melted!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  07:09:59 AM  Show Profile
I am always wearing pink! and I am still under 50 lol- just got a review copy of the new red hat book Queen of Woodlawn Ave - can't wait to start it, I read the excerpt online and it seems to be wonderful.
Tell me more about you!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  1:15:34 PM  Show Profile
I think the red hat ladies are SO cute, wish I was old enough to be one! Still under 50, for a few more years anyway! lol

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  07:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm a fan of the red-hatters, too! Gives us something to look forward to, doesn't it?
Of course, I am always looking for any excuse to get together for tea! I don't see many of them around Virginia...I might have to start a chapter when I retire.

Jo
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Red Hat Society Fans? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page