Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MJF Farmgirl Sisterhood Necklace Winners!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF Farmgirl Sisterhood Necklace Winners! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:02:55 AM  Show Profile
My Dear Farmgirl Friends,
I have had such a wonderful year getting to know you all. Thank you for all the encouragement, advice and sillyness. You are all such a blessing to me. In appreciation I am having a drawing to gift two MJF Sisterhood Necklaces! The rules are simple...you have to be an official sister with a number and hexagon by your name and you don't already have a necklace. Just post a line or two here about what the Farmgirl Connection means to you. I will be drawing two names from the entries on Thursday December 23rd, at 7:00 pm Central Time. Good Luck and Bless You All!

Picture of me, being silly with my necklace!

I know why I love this place, so many wonderful responses to what MJF means to all of you. I feel exactly the same way. I could not pick so I placed all the names in a hat and my DH drew them out. I couldn't just pick 2 so I decided to pick 4!!!! I would love to gift a necklace to you all, you are all such caring and wonderful farmgirl friends. Now for the winners...Dutchy, Classygram, Blueroses and Moonshines. I will need you all to e-mail me your address' and your sisterhood numbers. The necklaces are sent to you from the farmgirl who makes them for MJF. Merry Christmas to all and God Bless Us Everyone!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Dec 24 2010 12:34:21 PM

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:53:44 AM  Show Profile
diane..just jumping in to say how thoughtful...i treated myself to my own necklace so i am not a contender--have to say that i love wearing it-hope others can enjoy your generosity!
big hugs!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  06:24:37 AM  Show Profile
I can hardly begin to say what being a part of the farmgirls has meant to me....I think you have all helped save my sanity. So many challenges have come my way the past year and I was so busy that I had found myself without any women around me to talk to. Farmgirls have added back into my life the laughter, tears, love, understanding and wisdom that only other women can provide. Thank you all.

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  06:34:05 AM  Show Profile
In just a few words, Friends4ever, support, love, hugs, prayers, wisdom.
Adding something: it is not "just" the Farmgirls that amaze me every time, but also "the powers behind" this forum. The kind answers they always give to any problem big or small.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410

Edited by - dutchy on Dec 10 2010 08:01:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  06:53:49 AM  Show Profile
I don't know what I would have done without my farmgirl sisters. Everyone has been there for support during my back surgery and DH losing his job. It just feels wonderful that you can connect with such loving and giving ladies. The swaps are fun, there are times we can truely just laugh at outselves. And with the ways of our nation is right now we can relate so much to each other. It has been the best, laughing, sharing, praying and loving each other. Thank you to all for this beautiful place we can turn to. Farmgirl Sisters are great. Never had a sister and now I have many! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

CarrieNYC
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Carrie
New York NY
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  09:04:20 AM  Show Profile
My mom brought me into the farmgirl sisterhood. She lives in Texas and I live far away in New York City. I have been so blessed to not only have her, but to have a bunch of her's in all of you. I've appreciated the outreach and look forward to being able to give back to the community in the coming year.

Farmgirl sister #2348 :)
Carrie

Edited by - CarrieNYC on Dec 09 2010 09:06:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

319 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  10:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Isn't my daughter (CarrieNYC) a sweetheart! She told me she posted on this forum but was concerned because she did not have a hexagon by her name. I can't remember how you get a hexagon!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  10:23:23 AM  Show Profile
Being sisters with so many wonderful and thoughtful women has really helped me weather some rough times in my life. I hope sincerely that I have been there for other sisters too. I love all of you. You can never have too many sisters!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile
I finally found out that I wasn't weird and the things that I loved and wanted to do were shared by many other sisters. I found a home. Even though I don't post as much as I used to I always check in to see what you are all thinking and doing.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  11:43:34 AM  Show Profile
It is a place to connect with others who have a passion for the same things! We can ask questions & not be embarrased. We can weep & know that our sisters are there for us! We can celebrate milestones & we get cheerful messages to spur us on! It is a family that some of us never had! We are sisters in heart & mind! Thanks for all you do for me!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:18:29 PM  Show Profile
I found people who are as unusual as I am, many who are concerned about the same things I am concerned about. And since I have very "long" nights often, the forum/chats are a very welcome friend to help me through . . . thank you all.

I love your necklaces . . . thank you for this opportunity! I've got my fingers crossed, but really I was already so lucky to be a sister . . ..

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  4:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi CarrieNYC, You will now notice your shiny (not really) Hexagon next to your name proclaiming your elite Farmgirl Sisterhood Status. Sorry I missed it when adding your membership.

~Brian

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."
Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile
It's a wonderful feeling to know that you can always count on a Farmgirl Sister. I've been reading threads and have actively particpated in a Secret Santa swap this last year and posted on threads that have sparked my interest. How reassuring it is to know that all the sisters you read about have a common interest and goal in there life. We are all strong and wise women that nurture a spirit that provides a common goal of indepenence, love for humanity, nature and gardening. Sisters that are family minded with the best interst in their families. Farmgirls that are multi talented in all facets of life. Farmgirls that are warm, friendly and truly honest. This is a place where life can be discussed with challanges and rewards. I call this "Home"!

gerri
Farmgirl #1197

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  7:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh my how does one put into words the dear sisters here? They have become the sisters I always wanted who bless me with love and kindness. They pray for me and help me through the rough patches and I can't imagine not having them in my life. This is home to my heart.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  8:09:23 PM  Show Profile
The things I value most about Farmgirl Connection are the friendship, laughter, wisdom, hope and understanding that circulate in every corner. And the opportunity to connect with sisters from all over the world not only on the forum but through swaps, exchanges and other projects. Just an all around fun place!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  8:28:28 PM  Show Profile
It means almost everything to me. I get support, advice, love, and laughter here that I don't seem to get from anybody, including my immediate family (other than DH, bless his heart). I have learned so much here, including being comfortable in my own skin.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

319 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  05:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Brian - You are awesome!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  06:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Diane,

This is exactly what it means to me to be a farmgirl. The loving, giving, helpful nature of everyone. It's like having a sister right there through the good and bad. It's reminded me I'm not alone, but also brought me out of my hiding to be part of something, a community and that has helped me step out more in my community. There are a lot of really good people out there.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  06:57:41 AM  Show Profile
I am blessed to be a brand new official sister ! I am so excited. I came upon this forum after picking up a copy of Maryjanes magazine. I have found such friendship, support, advice and love....it is just amazing. my only regret is not being able to met some of these wonderful ladies in person. Whether I win or not, this forum has been nothing but a blessing
Go to Top of Page

Moonshines
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Lorrae
Craig Co
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  08:59:56 AM  Show Profile
I have grown up on a ranch and being an active farm girl. I have a wounderful circle of freinds, however to be part of the sisterhood has exposed me to true people that think the way my ideas and thoughts generate. I don't even have to explain what I've been doing with my days in the barn, hayfeilds, or my creative room. I love to be part of MJ. Thanks for the offer of the necklace thats really the icing on the cake

Moonshines #1649
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  12:08:53 PM  Show Profile
I have everyone down so far! Wow, your words ring so true, this place and these friendships mean so much to me. I am changing the drawing date to December 23rd. Right before Christmas if that is allright with everyone.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Thinwalker
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Kristina
Juneau WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  5:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I just got my number. I'm looking forward to being a sister to all of you. This place feels like home. Have a great weekend everyone!

Krissy

Farmgirl Sister #2446 :)

"You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." R. Tagore
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  5:50:57 PM  Show Profile
I am glad to be a part of the MJFarmgirls, I have met many new friends, even have been on a Campout and now this weekend we are all meeting and going shopping. It is really great to read what everyone else is doing. Also you can just ask a question and it will get answered. The swaps and barters are outstanding! There so many talented people and busy people. I like it also because you can find lots of ladies that have some of the same interests as you do, and you can relate to them and they to you. My daughter as now become a farmgirl and we are doing our homemade Christmas together. Have a great Weekend! And thanks for your idea of the contest. Hugs!! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  8:56:39 PM  Show Profile
I love being a part of MaryJaneFarms. To me, it is where "REAL" meets
"Surreal." Brings me back to a place of comfort, where I feel safe being me, a place where I can hold close in my heart, the heart of others. A place where the Sisterhood feels like the warm fuzzy feeling you get at Christmas Time, only it lasts all year. A place where there is joy in helping others. A place where a word of encouragement lasts forever and happiness is found by not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others. I love
MaryJane farms

Debbie, Farmgirl Sister #1185
AKA: buzzn bee
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  10:23:05 PM  Show Profile
I am not in to win.. I just have to say that I received my necklace and so love it. So proud to wear it and even prouder of being one of the sisters here at MJF. You have become like family to me. After I lost my husband in July of this year.. I thought life had ended. But with my new Sisters.. I'm beginning to breathe and dream again !! Thanks my sisters... Good luck everyone !!!

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
http;//www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  8:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Awwww Diane! What a wonderful thing to do at Christmas.

Nope . . don't put my name in cuz I already have my necklace. I just wanted to say thanks my friend for being who you are.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF Farmgirl Sisterhood Necklace Winners! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page