Author Weather Report: Previous Topic lake effect Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile
It's been snowing in squalls since Sunday. we have about 6 inches or so on the ground and driving has been not fun. can't wait for good ole Lake Erie to freeze over and shut off the snow machine. but it can always be worse, I could live in Buffalo !

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Patricia,

Hi neighbor (of sorts)! Thankfully we didn't do much driving today, but saw on the news about the gridlock downtown from all the lake effect snow and heard from others that they were stuck for three hours on a usual fifteen minute drive. It just keeps snowing! Trying to drive as little as possible. Be safe out there.

Rue Ann
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:20:26 AM  Show Profile
you are pretty close to me, my husband rides RTA to work at University Hospital and last night spent three hours on the bus trying to get to Tower City. He finally called me and I drove down to rescue him, downtown was just horrible !
Go to Top of Page

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  06:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Goodness! It looks like we'll get a couple days of calm and then Sunday and Monday are supposed to be awful!

I'm working on setting up a Cleveland area chapter of Farmgirls- let me know if you're interested.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  07:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Lake Michigan has been behaving so far for us, so far we only have around 4"s of snow. However this is the coldest December in over 100 years. I am hoping for a warm up to 33 today!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  08:34:40 AM  Show Profile
Report from Lake Ontario in western New York: 16-24" of snow, depending on where you live in the Rochester region. it is colder than usual for this time of year too, only 14 degrees when I got up this morning. Burrrrr. We are supposed to be hit by a nor'easter Sunday to Monday, which typically means more lake effect when the storm passes.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  12:16:21 PM  Show Profile
guess it could always be worse, huh ! yes we have a nice day today, then rain, then a nor'easter blowing in, who knows what monday will be like
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic lake effect Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page