CarlaJeanne
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Carla
York Maine
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  12:11:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone. My cowgirl friend Marj Rogers has been talking about Maryjanes for a long time now - she brought over a recipe book and some ingredients the other day.....now I'm hooked. The two of us worked in my cafe together, called Carla's in York, Maine, so baking, cooking, chatting, herbs, fresh food farming, animals are our things. Love this site. She's making us some farmgirl aprons to wear when we cater - we'll be thinking of Idaho! I'm off to see our sons new home in Berkley, Ca for the 4th of July so of course I looked up to see how far from Moscow, darn 15hrs. drive. My husband said he's game but as we'll only be there for 4 days perhaps not this time. That July event looks like a blast. Happy to be here. Carla

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  1:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum Carla. I recently joined in too, but like it here..everyone has been real nice and friendly and helpful.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile
welcome miz carla .. we'll be looking for some yummy recipes that you and marj conjure up!

tina .. not sure if i've welcomed you yet or not (sometimes the new kids on the block slip through before i get to see you've arrived!) welcome! welcome! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  2:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Carla! Be sure to post some of your tasty recipes under the "kitchen" thread - we'll be looking for them!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carla,

You sound like a lot of fun. Nothing better than having a friend, or a whole forum to share with. Welcome!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

TillieB
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Marjorie
Berwick ME
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  5:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Carla Jeanne!
Okay girls I'm the one who got Carla hooked on MaryJane and if any of you come to Maine be sure to let us know! Carla is being humble in that she had one of the coolest cafe's ever. I was and am still fortunate to work with her, she is one talented lady, crazy sometimes, but not afraid to take on anything. I'll see if I can get her to post her Dream Bar recipe on the kitchen link;)

Another Farm Girl from Maine
Marjorie
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  6:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Carla Jeanne! I know you will love being here.
My grandparents had a vacation trailer in York when I was a kid. My brother and i would go up to stay for a few weeks each summer. Some of my fondest memories are from York Beach and the carnival that was right behind the trailer park. One year, a baby elephant escaped and came right through the park. It was the most excitement we had that year!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  11:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Carla!! It will be fun to get to know you here...and that dream bar recipe sure sounds good!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmomma
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tonya
Vermont
106 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  04:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Carla! Your cafe sounds wonderful - hope to be able to visit someday.

Warm wishes,
Tonya - Simple Living Mom of 5

Natural Earth Farm - A Village Homestead making handcrafted goods of natural fibers - http://www.naturalearthfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile
welcome carla, your in the right place. Cafe does sound wonderful. Were in new England often, I'll have to stop by.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New from Maine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page