1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  09:56:47 AM  Show Profile
1. What is your favorite colors? Light blue, pale yellow

2. How old are you? 56

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? Not right now, darn! (Unless you count my boyfriends nine beehives!)

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? wild chicory, lilacs

5. What is your favorite bible verse? Psalm 121 - "I lift up my eyes to the hills....."

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Monday - Friday I am a girlie girl at the office, Saturday & Sunday I am all tomboy!

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Country, Irish

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Read, knit

9. Are you married? I am divorced, but have been dating a really great guy for the last 3-1/2 years

10. Do you live on a farm or? I live in an apartment in an old farmhouse, but my boyfriend has 65 acres of farmland and woods

11. Do you play an instrument? I used to play the piano and organ; a little guitar

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Both!

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Knit, spin, quilt and lots more!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  10:39:13 AM  Show Profile
1. What is your favorite colors? Gray green, robins egg blue, lilac

2. How old are you? 53

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? 13 - 6 Sheep, 6 chickens, and one very spoiled German Shepherd.

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? Peonies, Lavender, Roses

5. What is your favorite bible verse?

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Both - I like to wear lace and overalls together.

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Celtic, Folk, Classical, Classic Rock.

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? I like to spin, knit, sew or do any kind of art project.

9. Are you married? Widowed

10. Do you live on a farm or? I call it a farmstead - big garden and animals, raise most of what we eat.

11. Do you play an instrument? I play guitar, hammered dulcimer, piano

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Both - coffee in the morning, tea in the evening.

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? See question 8 plus reading, marquetry and too many other things to list.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

hwright95
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Heather
Murfreesboro TN
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, Hi, I have a Shepard (Alice) too she is about 8 months old and has eaten 2 chickens. Does yours bother your chickens?

Heather Wright~ Farmgirl Sister #2187 Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. ~Veronica A. Shoffstall
www.vintagekarmajewels.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:05:47 AM  Show Profile
Jewel,
thanks for sharing the picture,they are adorable !
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:51:34 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea, Hannah! I love reading about everybody! It's amazing how we all have so much in common!

1. What is your favorite colors? Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange... I like mostly the colors and tones of autumn!

2. How old are you? Almost 45!!!

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? Pawlee, our dog, is our only pet, and she thinks she's human, so >>>sssshhhhh!<< Please don't let on! ;)

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? Roses and lilacs, hyacinths, tulips and daffodils

5. What is your favorite bible verse? Matthew 19:26: "All things are possible with God;" and Luke 1:37 "Nothing is impossible with God."

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? A little of both... I like being a girly girl sometimes, and I can definitely a tomboy at others. Just depends upon the circumstance at the moment! :)

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Christian, Celtic, Classical, Country, Instrumental, Classic Rock, Pop...pretty much anything, but not Rap or Punk Rock or Acid Rock - hurts my head!

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? I love to light candles and curl up with a good book - or go antiquing!

9. Are you married? Yep! 22 years strong!

10. Do you live on a farm or? I live in a small "city." But I live like a farmgirl at heart!

11. Do you play an instrument? I can play a little guitar and am self-taught piano. I also love to sing!

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Both. My favorite coffee is what I call, "pretty, pretty coffee," made with mini chocolate chips, crushed peppermints and topped with whipped cream, and I especially love iced coffee in the summer - there's nothing like it! And I love all teas, all year round, hot or cold!

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Papercrafting, Bible study, and scouring antique stores and "junk shops"

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  10:37:48 PM  Show Profile
1. What is your favorite colors? pink...pink and more pink

2. How old are you? 53

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? 4 dogs,1 indoor kitty and about 10 barn kittys

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? Roses,lavender and sunflowers

5. What is your favorite bible verse? Psalm 91

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? depends on my mood.. I love pink, but love my jeans,tees and flannel shirt and boots

7. What is your favorite kind of music? I range from Los Lonely Boys,Country,jazz,rock...to gospel

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Curl up and read or work on some type of craft.

9. Are you married? Widowed... always married !!

10. Do you live on a farm or? Yes..out here in the Kansas Flinthills

11. Do you play an instrument? Piano and guitar

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Tea.

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Reading, needle work, Zentangling

This was fun and a great way to get to know eachother !!

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
http;//www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  07:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Kristy, I must have missed something. What is Zentangling???

Belle
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  11:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Belle...
Zentangle is a registered trademark art form. It is use of repetative patterns... Oh I will post one.. Much easier than explaining it ! LOL !!

This is one I did of my husbands hand. It is a treasure to me now!
To learn more visit...www.zentangle.com

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
http;//www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  06:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
What is your favorite colors? Red and Black
2. How old are you? 53
3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? 3 hot dogs Buster, Rascal and Spec and 1 cat, Miss Madison
4. What is your favorite flower Daisy, yellow roses,
5. What is your favorite bible verse? John 3:16
6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Tomboy
7. What is your favorite kind of music? I Country
8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Curl up and read or work on some type of craft.
9. Are you married? Newly wed!
10. Do you live on a farm or? In the Woods of North GA.
11. Do you play an instrument? Radio (lol)
12. Are you a coffee or tea person? COFFEE!
13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Reading, knitting, sewing

Warmly, (in a very cold south)
Debi
Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  06:51:24 AM  Show Profile
1.What is your favorite colors? teal,green,blue

2.How old are you? 39

3.Do you have any animals, if so how many? 1 very spoiled yellow Lab

4.What is your favorite flower? Calla Lillies

5.What is your favorite Bible verse? Mark 5:24-34

6.Are you a girlie girl, or a tomboy? combination of both

7.What is your favorite kind of music? I'll listen to anything

8.What do you like to do on a rainy day? curl up with a good book and a hot cup of tea

9.Are you married? yes

10.Do you live on a farm or? not a farm but a house,barn & 4 acres

11.Do you play an instrument? handbells at church

12.Are you a coffee or tea person? both,
coffee in the morning and tea at night

13.What are 3 things (hobbies) that you like to do? read, cook, & garden

"This country needs cleaner minds & dirtier fingernails." Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  7:10:00 PM  Show Profile

1. What is your favorite colors? I lik the really warm colors like yellow and orange.

2. How old are you? 57

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? 2 dogs - Penny from the box rescue and Jake from the pound. Both are black and white.

4. What is your favorite flower? Roses, violets, wildflowers, lavendar....

5. What is your favorite bible verse? I can't remember book, chapter and verse...but it's "Love is patient.....

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Both

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Oldies, the kind Sintra sang, Celtic, country...it depends on my mood.

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Read! And sew, knit, quilt, stay indoors!

9. Are you married? For 13 years to a man I met over 30 years ago.

10. Do you live on a farm or? We have a house on a 1/2 acre lot. We've put in some fruit trees, have only 1 pecan tree since the ice storm a few years ago, and we're putting in a veggie garden next year.

11. Do you play an instrument? I took years of piano lesson whens I was a teenager, but due to circumstances, I don't play anymore. Also used to play guitar a little.

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Tea. For some reason coffe does not agree with me.

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Read, knit, and sew.

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  10:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Wow Kristy. I've heard of zentagling but never seen an example of it. Very beautiful!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

CountryLisa72
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Lisa

58 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  7:00:46 PM  Show Profile
1. What is your favorite colors? Blue, Red

2. How old are you? 38

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? None

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? Not Sure at the moment

5. What is your favorite bible verse? Don't have one

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Both acually. I like to do girlie things but I'm not afraid to get dirty. lol :) A true farmgirl huh?!

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Country

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? I love to read

9. Are you married? Nope

10. Do you live on a farm or? No

11. Do you play an instrument? No

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Tea

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? I love to read, garden and birdwatch
Go to Top of Page

AccordiontoKellie
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Kellie
North Idaho
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile

Fun! I'll give it a go=)

1. What is your favorite color(s)? Green, Cream, Rose pink

2. How old are you? 18

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? A wonderful 25 year old Arabian named Brownie, three orange barn kitties, two dogs (cowdog mix and Bernese Mtn. dog), and a handful of banty chickens. We've had dairy goats in the past, and are planning to start up a herd of Alpine goats next spring.

4. What is your favorite flower? Lilac, hollyhock, daisy, tulip, rose, lilies. . .

5. What is your favorite bible verse? Can't choose just one, but this is a favorite: "Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory!"
- 1Peter 1: 6-8

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? Both. I define this combination as. . . Farmgirl!!! =)

7. What is your favorite kind of music? Celtic, folk, classical and all kinds of piano instrumentals

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Everything! I love rainy days - I might go on a tramp through the woods with my dogs, curl up with my sisters to watch a old Hollywood classic, or sit down to sew or read with a cup of tea. . .

9. Are you married? No, but I'm looking forward to someday if the Lord wills

10. Do you live on a farm or? We live on a wonderful piece of acreage with a greenhouse, two ponds, etc, but there's still so much work to do before I could call it a real farm=)

11. Do you play an instrument? Piano, Mountain dulcimer, Accordion, Ukulele, Kazoo

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Tea, Ma'am=)

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? I love to sew and design clothing (historical and otherwise), work with my horse, dance, and myriads of other things! ;)

~Kellie~

Vive ut Vivas!
.:.:.:.:.:.
Shop ~ www.KellieFalconer.com
Blog ~ www.amaidensmusings.plexpedia.com

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  3:57:31 PM  Show Profile
1. What is your favorite colors? red, pale yellow, and turquoise

2. How old are you? 33

3. Do you have any animals and if so how many? (wow...this is embarrassing): 35-40 chickens
2 African brown geese
8 assorted ducks
2 dwarf rabbits
2 Mastiffs
1 Brussels Griffon
1 Griffon mix
1 guinea pig
5 bettas
2 fire bellied toads
1 Exotic shorthair cat
1 African grey parrot
2 parrotlets
5 parakeets
1 lovebird = about 69 animals here! Good grief! Lol!!!

4. What is your favorite flower ( you can have more than one)? Roses

5. What is your favorite bible verse? I don't really have one

6. Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy? I'm both. I can wear a dress and catch a snake barehanded! Lol.

7. What is your favorite kind of music? I love all types...just not rap

8. What do you like to do on a rainy day? Crafting, researching on the Net, reading

9. Are you married? Yes! To a wonderful man who is my best friend.

10. Do you live on a farm or? Yes, and I love it! Fifteen acres of heaven.

11. Do you play an instrument? I can barely get by on a piano and guitar. lol

12. Are you a coffee or tea person? Both...I love hot coffee and iced tea.

13. What are 3 things ( hobbies) that you like to do? Sewing, knit/crocheting, scrapbooking

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lets get to know eachother! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page