Page: of 2

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  05:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Kim did you get your paisley pincushion pattern yet? I went to the PP site to see tha apron, it is a wonderful design. Love it. That is a really cute site.

Oh, Farmgirl Friends, the apron fairy visited me. I was so surprised you should have seen my chin dropped when I opened the package. Nancy Jo sent me the most marvelous book. It is called "Aprons, Icons of the American Home." I have been eating this book up. Full color glossy photos of lots of vintage aprons. I'm in apron heaven. Lots of history in the text. I'll post photos on my blog! Thank you so much Nancy Jo!! Don't know what I'd do without ya'll. So many girls with similar interests.....I love it!!

Georgann
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  07:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Georgann,
I was sitting here last week looking at the apron book, and I thought this belongs to Aunt George, so off it went. So glad it has a good home.
HUGS NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  5:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
to nancy
nancy I don't know if I told you I but your other buttons came thank you very much and the girls just loved the coin purse it became part of their dres up items. Thank you again and I hope all is well with you

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine'
Yes you did thank me, so glad you can use them, and happy the girls like the little purse.more then a fair trade for such beautiful lace.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  10:05:22 PM  Show Profile
Georgann, thank you so much for the nice comment you made on my blog about my apron. You are so talented and sweet so getting a compliment from you meant alot! I really don't have alot of experience with sewing from patterns but you have all been such inspiration for me! I think I saw that the MaryJane apron needs a button, I have never made a buttonhole on a garment! I get my inspiration from you all though and I believe I will be able to do it fine. In the cold weather months I love to wear flannel pjs and am planning on making those too.

It's been a very long day, haven't gotten enough sleep since sometime last week and then I found out this afternoon that my son who is in the Army clear across the country in Savannah, Georgia is in the hospital with malaria(sp?). He was in South Korea until a few months ago and they think that's where he got it. He's being treated and thinks he will be out of the hospital in a couple days. Late tonight his wife and 2 little boys are flying down there as planned. They were supposed to move into their house on base tomorrow. Hopefully they'll send someone to pick them up at the airport and let her and the boys go ahead and move into the house.

Think I'll try and get some sleep.
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  07:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you posted you rblog on another thread so i will post it here since you mentioned it here as it is a real cute apron and people should see it

http://cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com/

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:01:55 AM  Show Profile
Girls, I just love all your aprons and pictures! I too have had a thing for aprons for well over 20 years. I have collected them, worn them but not made them. I have purchased more patterns that I care to tell, but just haven't had the time to actually make them! Keep up the good work, I think I may get one made just to keep up with all of you girls! :>) I am enjoying all the posts!

gloria g.
Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  09:19:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sunshine, you are really sweet! I finished my next apron late last night and will put it on my blog today. It's supposed to cool off here today a bit. I'm the first one up today and it's beautiful out and quiet in the house. What a wonderful way to start the day. Better get the rest of the chicks outside to their pen. So funny yesterday, the Buttercup Rooster that's still kind of young and doesn't crow alot yet got up on top of the chicken house and was crowing to some rooster off in the distance. They traded crows for awhile. Makes you wonder what they're saying to each other.
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  09:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
probably this is my hen house stay away

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  11:26:04 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl,
Cute apron, you did a good job, will look for the next one you are making.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  1:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
CFlohe those are just precious pictures of your family on your sight. I think they would be gorgeous framed with the picture in a sepia tone. A real family heirloom just life being beautiful.

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  7:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl,
Left you a note on your blog. Love your newest apron too!! (Love them both actually....great pattern, I'm going to have to order that pattern, looks fabulous! How many packets of bias tape does each apron take? You do such great work!! I have got another experimental easy one in mind.

Your family is precious...must have been hard to hear how sick your son is. My prayers are with you all.
Love and hugs,
Georgann
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  7:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the compliments Georgann. It was very hard to hear about my son being in the hospital, wanted to just get on a plane and fly down there. I did get to talk to him today and he said that he had somebody pick up his wife and their 2 boys at the airport and brought them to the hospital, kind of upset the boys seeing their dad with IV's, etc but they did let him out of the hospital sometime today. He said his roommate who was also his roommate in South Korea had got pretty sick recently and it took them 2 weeks to figure out what was wrong with him (he also had malaria) so Shane said he realized during the weekend that he was getting the same symptoms and went to a bigger base hospital and they diagnosed him right away. I guess his roommate had a temp of 106 at one point.

I tried numerous times today to post a picture of the back of that apron but either the site or my computer was not cooperating. I sure like that pattern, the 1940's one. I have bought a few different patterns and even made one with Christmas materials awhile back but I didn't like it at all, too straight or something. It just didn't have any character, if that makes any sense. I have an appraisal appt for tomorrow at noon so no sewing for me tonight, just cleaning and yardwork and I'm taking a break. Better get back to it. I hate the stress, I'll be glad when it's done.
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  10:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm so glad your son is getting better. I hope he doesn't get the recurring malarial attacks. I think those were prevalent before the advent of antibiotics. That was when they only had quinine to treat it with. 106 is way too high for an adult...bless his heart. I so thank your son and his family for the sacrifices they are making for all of us here at home. Sometimes I take freedom for granted, and forget to thank the men and women who keep us free in a world of those who would enslave or destroy us. Tell him thank you from me and from my family. My son was slated to go to South Korea a few years ago with the Air Force, but was Medically discharged due to Asthma that kicked up in language school.

I am about to start on holiday aprons. I actually picked up some red, white and blue to make two aprons in honor of the fourth of July. These are going to be totally experimental. I found some teatowels for a really great price...and they are reallllly cute, so I am incorporating them into the aprons. I hope they work. No sewing for me today either...wait, I made a heating pack for my husband stuffed it with rice and his choice of herbs. He has mild Turret's syndrome and the heat and pressure around his neck and head will help to relieve some of the spasms from the tics...I hope. He is a very mild sufferer. More orientation for me tomorrow...computer stuff, so off to bed. I'll be sewing on Thursday and Friday.

Oh, you are really cute in your photo!!

Hugs,
Georgann

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  10:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
good night georgann

CFlohe I hope your son recovers quickly and has no lingering effect may God keep him and all your family safe

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 27 2006 10:16:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  05:43:52 AM  Show Profile
I have posted, with Nancy Jo's permission, her photo in my blog. She is wearing her Nancy Jo apron and she looks so farmgirl cute!!!!!

Have a look and see!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_auntgeorgeshouse_archive.html

If that link doesn't work, just go to: http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com click on the June archive and scroll down to June 13, 2006

Love and hugs!
Georgann

Thank you Nancy Jo for being so darned cute and I love your front garden!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  2:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George,
Thanks for putting my picture on your blog. I love that apron and wear it often. All my friends want to know where I got it, I tell them all about the farmgirl site and you for making the apron, now I love my friends but they don't get what I'am talking about. Is this farmgirl thing that hard to understand? Well from what I can gather most people have no idea what we are about. So that is why I love this site, but still love my friends, I'am very blessed.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  04:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Well, I haven't had time to sew this week.....I'm so depressed.....LOL......BUT I have posted some interesting apron photos on my blog. There is such a rich history of nurses and aprons. Didn't really know they were "tied" together so closely! I really miss all of you. I hope you are all having lots of fun while I am absent!

Lots of love and hugs to my farmgirl friends,
Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  07:07:16 AM  Show Profile
If you want a peek at my nursing graduation photo, I just posted it to my blog at the end of today's historical look at nurses and aprons. hehehehehe.......real 80's! LOL

hugs,
Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  07:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you should check out the photo. It is just too cute no kidding. I hope you have it hanging in your house somewhere with honor.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Strings Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page