Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 wasn't sure where to post this.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic wasn't sure where to post this..... Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile
I am so bummed to not be able to check in with you gals in so long. My computer got "fried" by a power surge during a storm on New Years eve. Hopefully it won't be too long before I am back online. I am at the library where I have very limited time and have so many people that I need to send quick notes to. I just wanted you all to know that I miss you and will be back as soon as I can....

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!

celticlady
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Dar
Davenport WA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Hope you're back soon Jenny!
Man, a fried computer doesn't make for a very enjoyable New Years Eve!!
Dar

"live each day as if it were your last".
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  3:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Whewww... I am so relieved you and family are safe and sound ( except for the computer, sorry) I went through that twice last summer in storms... Be safe Jenny and hope to hear from you regularly soon! Jenny in Kansas , where it is 2 degrees right now, brrrr.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  3:57:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok this is so bizzare... the world wide web popped up on my last post, and I did not hit the url icon! What is up with that?

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  7:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your computer! We'll miss you, hurry back soon!

Meadowlark, you spelled whew with 3 w's on the end and it parsed them.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2005 :  7:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Something strange is going on...I have lost my editing icons and you are gaining icons you didn't call on!

Aunt Jenny--- I just checked the web this morning to see how Utah was doing with the weather situation since we hadn't heard from you in a while. Glad to know you are ok, but sorry to hear about the computer.
Ours went down in November for 3 weeks and it was frustrating but my dh fixed it finally w/ a book called Computer First Aid. We thought ours was a goner too, but it lives on! Hurry back, we love to hear from you!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2005 :  11:21:40 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny -
It is so good to hear from you! I have wondered every time I log on where you are and I even check your member listing to see if a new post has been made, and there it was today!!!

It is good your computer is fried instead of you being ill or having some kind of family crisis. Computers can be easily changed! Glad to know you are okay.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2005 :  11:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi there gals! I only have 5 minutes...dang the time limits at the library computers...I need more time than this!!!!!!
Everything here on our place is fine (except the lack of computer of course) and we are doing great. Our new son (adopted in early NOvember) is fitting right in and is doing great in school and in our family. We are all crazy about him! We have had a very mild January and just mostly rain and mud. My hens and I are sick of that mud!
The pregnant goats (3 of them) are looking fat and sassy..I can expect them all to kid in March....spread out thru the month. I can hardly wait. I have had the big pep talk with them that they need to have lots of girl babies this year. Last year was boy goats and girl sheep....I want girl goats this year!! I am busy planning my garden and can hardly wait to get started. I have big plans. Meanwhile my 4 ewes are fertizing for me...I pen them in the big garden area all winter and they do remarkable things with that soil!!
We have a trip to Calif planned in early April to visit family. I havn't seen second son since last April when we went out for my dad's funeral..I miss him so much. Oldest son and his family moved back to Calif about a month ago. I sure miss my little 2 year old granddaughter. I feel so lucky that I got to spend so much time with her for the first 2 years of her life, but sure wish they had decided to stay here. Maybe they will come back some day to live. It is such a nice place to raise kids. I love it here.
I have been knitting a grey sweater for second son (24 years old) from Icelandic wool. It is about 1/2 done and I am really happy with it so far. (rolled neck pullover) I hope he likes it.I just finished a pair of cute striped socks for my mom's birthday and got them mailed off to her yesterday...so back to the sweater. I have done alot of dollmaking so far this winter too. I like that.
Anyway, I look forward to getting a new computer sometime pretty soon so I can catch up. You gals all take care.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

terese
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

terese
chagrinfalls ohio
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2005 :  1:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Send terese an AOL message
Am glad you are well..I am a weaver who is frustrated because i am on the road so much so i have been thinking about crocheting or knitting..My gramma who is 101 used to crochet not knit..unfortuantly she has alzheimers and can't teach me (she taught me as a young girl) but, I would like to carry a project any ideas for a book that teaches well..no time for classes....terese

beginnings
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2005 :  4:43:35 PM  Show Profile
We've missed you Jenny!!!!!! Good to hear from you! Darn computers anyway!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2005 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenny - you made good use of your five minutes! So glad you are checking in when you can. Have fun getting ready to visit your older son, and hope you can get online again soon in your own space! Also, it is so good to hear that your new son is fitting right in with the family. I have thought of you often.
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2005 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, Hi from western Washington, Quilcene to be specific. So glad to hear from you again also! It is wonderful tha6t things are working out so well for your family. I know you will enjoy your visit with your son. We are getting ready for a visit from our daughter, son in law and new grandson in April. I am so excited I can hardly wait and am attempting to figure out a way to get our older son out here at the same time so we can have a sort of family reunion. Have not all been together for 5 years so I think it is time don't you? I have already decided we will have to rent a mini van of some sort to accomadate all of us when we go after our middle son in seattle and his girlfriend.
Here is to a lot of baby girl goats for you this year!!!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2005 :  12:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals!! I am just doing a quick "check in" again. Not much time to read all the posts, but I want to read as many as I can. I loved the favorite chair topic!!
It is like spring here! in the low 50's and still really cold at night (I guess it is like EARLY spring) it was 20 degrees when I got up this morning and 52 now at almost 1:30pm. We had a little unexpected snow on Tuesday but it was too warm to "stick". I am sure ready for spring..even though our winter has been so silly and warm so far!!
I hope all of you are having a wonderful week!!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic wasn't sure where to post this..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page