junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  3:06:26 PM  Show Profile
As some of you know, my Mom suffered a massive stroke a month ago, she passed away this morning, peacefully in Nevada. I'm thankful I was able to see her last week, her smile will follow me forever. I know she is in a better place, free of pain and discomfort. Her long journey on this planet is over, but she lives on in her three daughters, 12 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. I thank you all for the words of comfort under another title here. The gift of letting go is bittersweet, but so right. Blessings to all, I find strength here.

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  3:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Sue - I am so sorry for you on the loss of your mom. If you need anything at all, please let me know. I know this is a terribly hard time to go through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as is your mom. I am glad you got to see her and I know how happy you were that she had smiled at you. Bless you!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  3:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sue...I will sure keep you in my prayers..I know how losing a parent can be. What a blessing to know she is in a better place and that you got to spend that time with her before she passed. My own dad insisted on a visit out here to visit us two weeks before he died. I think he knew and no one else did that his time was close. It was such a comfort to me that I got to see him like that. Of course I didn't know it would be the last time.
I will pray that you have comfort...

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Sue, I pray for your heart to stay at rest. Your mother was fortunate to make her own decisions... and to be able to say good-by to you with her smile.
Blessings,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  4:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Sue, thinking of you, and go glad for you that you were able to spend time with her near the end. Remember the good things and as you know there is a season for all things, but that doesn't help alot with the feeling of loss.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  6:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Sue, please know you and yours are in my thoughts & prayers. I am glad you were able to see her. Keep the wonderful memories close. God Bless you & your family.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  7:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Sue - I am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Blessings to you during this difficult time.

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  7:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Sue- I am so sorry to hear about your mom. What a blessing that you were able to spend time with her last week. I will keep you in my prayers.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  9:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Sue, I am very sure right now that your mom is extremely happy knowing that you are surrounded by so much love and good wishes. You can be at peace, because she is. Lisa

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
BLOG http://lisa222.blogspot.com WEBSITE http://alittlepartasparta.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  10:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Sue - I am thinking about you and sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I
m so sorry to hear about your mother; your words about her smile following you are so touching.

All the best.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Sue .. love and prayers are sent your way. her smile, her spirit will be with you always. hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:47:58 AM  Show Profile
Sue, I am so sorry about your mom. Wish I could say something that could make it feel less hurtful for you. She will always be with you.

peace and blessings, Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  04:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Sue, words seem to fail me at this time, but just know that you and your family are in my prayers. Her smile will be forever with you as are her memories. May peace be with you, Love and kindness to your and yours, Georgann
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  04:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Bless you all!! No one can say that words aren't powerful, the spirit shared here is overwhelming and comforting. It was her time, she knew it and I believe she took control of it by not eating or taking her meds since she lost control of the rest of her body. It's odd be parent-less, I lost my Dad 6 years ago. But this part of the journey we can't escape. Thank you all!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
So so sorry for your loss. My dad passed November 2004. He fought the good fight and deserved peace and rest. So I know what you mean about her knowing it was time. I too will find it odd to be the "older generation" but that day is not far off I fear. Blessings to you and yours. I know you will cherish the time spent with her and rest in the fact she is at peace now.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  05:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Sue- Keeping you and your family in thought and prayer~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  06:00:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, Sue. Life is never quite the same when mothers are gone. ((hugs))

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile
Sue,
Sorry to hear of your loss.Glad though that your mom did not have to suffer and that you were able to see her one last time and get a loving smile to carry with you forever. Hold on to the memories..cherish them. Take care of yourself during this time...as grieving is a process ..and we can know that the person was ready to go and that we wouldn't want them to suffer, etc..but the actual "letting go" and getting the feelings out and coming to grips with it all..does take time..a process of grieving..that we must sometimes just work through all the mix of emotions that come with it. I wish for you strength and peace during this time.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  09:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Sue,
So sorry for your loss. I'm so glad you went to see your mom when you did. You got to say goodbye and she knew you were there. Remember the happy times with her. Sending you love and hugs.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Sue, just to let you know your Mom is dancing and has a big beautiful smile on her pretty face. She says to tell you the freedom is wonderful (she says you'll know) and that she kissed you last night on your cheek while you were sleeping and will do so again every night. She sends love.

As do I.
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  04:50:58 AM  Show Profile
More thanks to you ladies who added such graceful notes of comfort, bless you all! I like the thought of Mom dancing in heaven and sending down kisses, Patricia, your special powers are right on!

Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  07:32:51 AM  Show Profile
HI, Sue,
Just catching up on the last couple of weeks that I have not been on the forum and I'm sorry to read that your mom has passed away. I'm sorry for your loss, but rejoice with you at what she has gained - a renewed body and life in heaven with Jesus. I pray that you will be comforted and have peace knowing she is no longer ailing, but living eternally and watching over you all and waiting for the day you can all be together again. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Sue. Please take care and know that hugs are being sent your way.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  12:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lynda, your words are so true and I'll treasure them!

Go to Top of Page

Mollie
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

88 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  07:12:24 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. I was an only child and know when my mother passed it was if a large chunk of me was missing. Over the years I have remembered her dearly, wished I had paid more attention to her teaching me how to knit, how to cook, how to do all the wonderful things she was so good at. It was a blessing you got to see your mother at the last, my prayers are with you.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  12:23:33 PM  Show Profile
So true Mollie, my mom was a knitter, sure wish I had learned! Thanks and blessings to you too!

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  11:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Sue-I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. What a blessing to be able to see her smile one more time, and to know she passed peacfully. Still, I'm sure your heart is broken...we only get one Momma. SAying prayers for you.
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mom's passing...... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page