Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Giveaway- "CHRISTMAS CARE" gift - WINNER!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Giveaway- "CHRISTMAS CARE" gift - WINNER!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  1:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
See my last post for the WINNER

Dear Farmgirls,
It is time for my "CHRISTMAS CARE" FOTY (Farmgirl of the Year 2010) Giveaway. I have a box of goodies that I want to share in Christmas Care this year.

Post here that you want to enter by telling us, VERY BRIEFLY, your favorite way of sharing at Christmas.

ENTRY DEADLINE is: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2nd at 5:00 PM - Mountain Standard Time.

NOTE: Winners of my previous three FOTY giveaways are not eligible . . . thanks!

Sharing and Caring . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 03 2010 8:13:31 PM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6648 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6648 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  2:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Our favorite way of Sharing and Caring at Christmas time is to find that little girl or boy who will have nothing for Christmas, getting their Christmas list and making sure Santa makes all their wishes come true. We also do not forget our furry friends Santa always takes their Christmas goodies to the shelter as well. No one should be forgotten at Christmas.

Debbie
Farm Girl #1582

Deb
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I sponser a girl in Mexico & send her an extra special Christmas gift every year. I make sure that anyone who would be alone at Christmas is not-I invite them to ours! We have had some wonderfull Christmass this way!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  2:13:36 PM  Show Profile
... my favorite way of sharing is to bake some goodies for neighbors..especially my elderly neighbors.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  01:09:23 AM  Show Profile
My favorite Christmas.....would be to share it with my brother duh :( (Miss him so bad..esp the month of December is hard...sorry to be a bit of a downer).

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

http://pinkprincesscreations.blogspot.com/ My Creations blog
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  05:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls for sharing . . .
Looking forward to hearing more.
Happy Monday!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  05:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Getting together with family and remembering what the true meaning of Christmas is. I also always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story".

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  06:36:30 AM  Show Profile
I enjoy sharing baked goodies with neighbors. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile
I co-chair the community giving tree at the fire department. My family practically spends that whole week doing nothing but service at the station with their crazy momma. THey go out on the Santa truck to hand out candy canes in the freezing weather. They spend the days at the fire station helping go through toys, gifts and food drive items. Then on delivery Saturday, the most chaotic day, off to deliver gifts in the community. Of course, last year we added another holiday tradition, giving blood. This year we are deciding on another family to do the 12-days of christmas to. We are trying to do family oriented and service oriented activities this year and take less of the focus on gifts.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  10:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Cj,I've made Christmas stockings for the Salvation Army the past couple of years.
And plan to get busy on this years batch soon.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  05:30:12 AM  Show Profile
We save change up all year long that we find, like that nickel you find in the parking lot, etc. (The kids are good at finding those :) We have a container that we place the change in (and also $ from bottle/can returns, etc) At Christmastime my 3 kids count the money up and "spend" it from the Samaritan's Purse catalog, which is things like chickens for a family in a 3rd world country, milk for a month for a needy child, mosquito nets, blankets, etc. They talk about that all year long, when they find change to put in the jar. The best thing is that they really "get it" and have joy in helping others with a gift and as a part of spreading the Gospel.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  12:07:00 PM  Show Profile
The Meerwarth family gets a special kick out of filling shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse. We've been doing this for many years. One year we sent a box out in the name of each of our extended family members...we included the family's photo and their address in case the recipient wanted to write. We have done boxes for all ages, but always do at least one boy and one girl each year. My older children who live on their own now have carried on the tradition themselves, sometimes including their younger siblings. That gives me extra joy!!

Carrie M

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  12:19:51 PM  Show Profile
We do up care packages with food and toys etc. and give out to folks in community that is in need. What a joy it is to see there faces when we deliver the care packages. It puts tears to your eyes when you see the needs that are out there for others. A little joy package is worth it all.
God Bless, farmgirl sister Debra

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  04:53:34 AM  Show Profile
At Baldwin Wallace college they have a tree with names on it of children in need. for the last three years my daughter and I have picked names and shopped for a child. It is fun and rewarding, we try and pick a young child and pick out toys and games and art supplies. It helps to look outside ourselves and focus on others, we don't have a lot of money ourselves but this always cheers me up

Patricia
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  06:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Great ideas!!! Amazing farmgirls!
Thanks!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2318 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2318 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  08:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Every year I make a couple of afghans and lap robes, wrap them and take them to the nursing home for a few of the elderly who have no family left and would not receive a gift or a hug on the holidays. I always include a basket of homemade goodies and a warm pair of socks. Just the visits alone would be enough for these wonderful people, a chance to remember and talk about the holidays they shared with loved ones.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  09:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I was listening to a radio station out of Colorado Springs, CO yesterday. They were talking about all the folks who are in nursing homes and "rest" homes . . and statistics show that 95% . . NINETY-FIVE PERCENT! of these individuals have NO ONE give, come visit or do ANYTHING for them at Christmas. I was floored!!!! And, motivated to do what I can to make that different.
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 01 2010 12:41:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile
I teach high school and I see a LOT of kids whose families scrape for the basics...let alone the "extras". So for about 20 years, I pick 3 or 4 of my students who I know are struggling and yet are able to overcome circumstances to still come to school, try thier hardest, and stay positive. I send them gift cards (anonymously) for a place that they can choose something for themselves (Border's, the Mall, Target, etc.) I sign the card "Santa's Elf" and have the office deliver it to them while they're in my class. That way I can see their surprise and smile and still remain anonymous! Our unemployment rate is over 12% right now, so there are even more kids that are needy! I haven't picked all of the students I plan on sharing with this year, but I know one for sure. His mom was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago and his dad has abandonded him. He lives with his sister, a single Mom of 3, who is unemployed. They live quite a ways from town and are living hand to mouth. He is always cheerful...works hard...and brings a smile to my face every single day! I am giving the family a gift card to a grocery store so they can buy holiday food, and then a seperate card just for him. I wish I could do more for more of my "kids", but for now, that's the best I can do.

Thanks for this CeeJay!!!! You're awesome.

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  3:21:03 PM  Show Profile
When my kids were younger and I homeschooled we use to spend the entire month of December baking and making things. They would then make up baskets and such to take to the elderly neighbors in our neighborhood who loved receiving the treats. Now that my kids are grown and moved on I haven't done much baking. My oldest son joined the Army and we plan on baking up a storm and sending him all sorts of baked goods that he use to enjoy with plenty to spare so he can share with the rest of his barracks. One of my goals this year for my gift to him will to be to send him a care box each month with baked goodies.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  04:48:26 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I am so touched by this thread and your ongoing generosity. You give so much to all of us, everyday. Thank you.

I have always tried to share with my children the importance of living each day with a loving attitude and that being helpful to those around them is what we're here for, We haven't always been able to give them large amounts of material things, but we have tried to provide them a home filled with love and a solid foundation. I am thrilled that my daughter decided to take some of the money she's earning this year to purchase a goat thru the Samaritan's purse. (I don't know if I would have parted with a "chunk of change" that large when I was 15!) I guess we've been doing something right....: )

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Dec 02 2010 04:49:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thought I'd share one project we have taken on, which is one that we do every year. The organization "Samaritan's Purse' is a world-wide Christian relief organization. They have a presence everywhere there is a need, such as the tsunami a little while back, Katrina, Haiti . . anywhere in the world or the US.

They are also there for more day-to-day needs where there are HUGE, HUGE, life-threatening needs. Each year they publish a "Christmas Catalog" but it is different in that you make a DONATION to cover the cost of providing some needs. It can be from providing milk to malnourished children to building schools and churches.

We choose "gifts" honoring our family members according to their interests and make a donation for that cause. Samaritan's Purse will send you a card that is either "in memory of" or "in honor of" and we complete those for each individual, naming the "gift" that was given in their honor. We do this every Christmas but have also done this in memory of someone who has passed away.

One of the most popular projects of SP is the "Operation Christmas Child" shoebox project where a shoebox filled with toys, clothes, supplies, whatever will fit (according to SP guidelines) get sent to kids everywhere for Christmas. We have put those boxes together . . and what a lot of fun and a joy!!!

Some of you other farmgirls are doing projects through Samaritan's Purse. We also give locally in our community where needed. Some specific projects include to the clients and caregivers of the develomentally disabled (includes our son), our local Good Samaritan center and shelters for homeless and battered women.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
My best to all of you for a WONDERFUL, BLESSED CHRISTMAS!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to all of you and I wish I could send ALL of you a box of goodies . . . . I do send ALL of you my bestest and mostest for being who you are and doing what you do!

The WINNER of my "CHRISTMAS CARE" Giveway is: DIANE VAN HORN.

Bless you Diane!
I have your address and will finish up the box and get it on its way to you!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU, my friend! And Merry Christmas!

CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Dec 02 2010 5:26:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:39:26 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe it...I won! So nice of you CJ to do this. You have been such an awesome Farmgirl of the Year! Just knowing you has been a prize in itself. Thank you my Farmgirl Friend. I will post photos after I recieve it, I am sure it is going to be great.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  10:21:02 AM  Show Profile
Yea!! Congrats Diane!!!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  8:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Diane,
The package is on it's way!!! ENJOY!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile

I get home from errands in a snow storm only to find a big package sitting on my porch! CJ, you are just too generous! There is so much stuff I can't even list it all. Thank you my friend...I see why you are Farmgirl of the Year!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Giveaway- "CHRISTMAS CARE" gift - WINNER!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page