goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  1:12:32 PM  Show Profile
This may sound trite but when you have a spare bit of change or are in line behind someon who can't buy all their meds/groceries, discreetly offer to help them out. Even if you're turned down, you've tried. In my travels, I see the jars asking for medical help for someone. I ask to make sure it's local and then put change in.

Or maybe buy some books for someone who's browsing the 2nd hand bookstore but seems to not have enough money.

Maybe giving some money/time to an animal shelter. Just make sure they are totally legit.

Call me selfish but I'm so into donating now. It's a rush. Still I think the trick is to do it for the correct reasons (your personal reasons) and not to have others look adoringly at you. It's between you and your God/higher power.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile
I mentioned God in the above post but I don't mean it as a religious thing. I am onmy phone and couldn't get it to go back so I could redo it but I can't think oa another word that conveys my meaning.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  1:26:52 PM  Show Profile
Winona,
No matter what the viewpoint; religious, humanitarian, good karma, paying a kindness forward or passing on a kindness received, kindness is never wasted. Thanks for the reminder.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  2:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much for sharing Winona! I agree!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  3:25:15 PM  Show Profile
one of my most fun things to do is a good deed and not tell anyone. I try to do one every day, it is just fun to watch someone's reaction. Even if it is dropping cookies off at the Animal Shelter or helping some one at the store who runs a little short. You are right, it's a rush!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  3:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Yup, I forgot to say, you do this on the low-low. Sneaky like. ;-)

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Helping others Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page