Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  06:42:38 AM  Show Profile
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question. "Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?" I replied I had a drug problem when I was young:
•I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
•I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
•I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
•I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
•I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
•I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cocklebur's out of dad's fields.
•I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us.

Thanks to Judy (herblady55) for sending this to me!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  06:50:09 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Amen and amen! That hits the nail right smack on top of the head. Oh how I wish it were like this today. There are so many people who would benefit from this. I get so upset when my little granddaughters tell me of the horrible things little boys say and do theses days. The kids sure do need some of these "good" drugs now!

Thanks for sharing this, Diane. I love it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  07:01:32 AM  Show Profile
LOVE IT!!! Diane - I'm printing this up and posting it on the fridge, and sending a copy to all of my friends! Thank you! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  07:47:41 AM  Show Profile
I sooo agree with this !
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  08:43:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Nini....printing it out and posting it! Thank you for sharing this humorous, but oh-so-true situtation, Diane!

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  08:50:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing! No wonder many people don't have a clue what a caring, loving family even is when they never experienced one. How can they give that to their children? Raising a child isn't just something that happens, there's no real "owners manual", it's more love, disicipline, wanting the best for them and from them.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Diane, I had read that recently in our little County Newspaper - what an eye opener indeed!

All I can say is what Kris said "Amen and Amen! How do we as Farmgirls help bring those "rules" back today? Our schools are full of kids that don't have any quidance at all in their lives, not sure what the reason is but the end result is the same! I've had foster kids that were so ignorant, just because no one took the time to teach them simple, everyday things that my girls knew as little girls. It was a major shock to me, and I think things are worse now than they were back 18 years ago when I fostered! I have friends that are teachers and some of the stories they tell make me cry!
Just this morning in Church, prayer was requested for kids that didn't want to be on Thanksgiving break, becauce they wouldn't have food to eat. Our County does a "snack in the backpack" program, where a large number of children take home backpacks loaded with food every Friday for them to eat over the weekend. The school we work with feeds over 100 kids, and that is one school. All food is donated and all the workers are volunteers. Such a ministry!
I'm sorry I got carried away with our kids today, but they are really not to blame - if we don't teach them how will they know right from wrong, and how to love and be loved?
Thanks for letting me pour out my heart to you sweet sisters!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Diane - This is wonderful! I'm going to email it to my grown children who insisted as they were growing up that they had "the meanest mom in the world". Today, however, I am so proud of how well they've all turned out!! They too were "drugged" :)

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:07:13 PM  Show Profile
You ought to have this printed in your local paper........BRAVO!!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing Diane!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:23:40 PM  Show Profile
So true! Thanks for that, it's a keeper and one to pass on.

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile
That's great. I can tell my kids I had a drug problem after all!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  4:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Amen Sisters. I guess I drugged my kids too and I never had a problem with them as kids and they are respectable and responsble to this day. My GKs know the drugging also. It usually only takes that certain look to get the point across. It takes work and some parents don't want to put the time in and are self absorbed. Even the way some people go to church today is unreal. Respect starts with respecting God and yourself, therefore dress appropriately! Anyone with me on this?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  05:50:13 AM  Show Profile
very good! more kids these days need these kind of drugs maybe even some adults thanks for sharing

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  08:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Do you know what the teen suicide rate is these days? Shocking if you read the statistics. Reaching out to the community is what we do in my religion. And, there is an owners manual for families on how to raise kids, how to be a good wife, how to be a good husband, but we always get the door slammed in our face or people won't even open the door to find out what the answer is. Can you guess who I'm talking about?

We do worldwide campaigns telling people what is coming to bring an end to all this suffering and inhumane treatments and government dominated society that doesn't fix things but only makes them worse? It's going to be a divine government that will change the world of humble, obiedent God fearing people into a peaceful, happy prosperious world.
Would you like to live in a world like that? I know I sure do and am awaiting that day when I'll see it come true!!!! In the meantime, we can do our part by helping others find out what that answer is and how to be a part of that change.

Happily, over 250,000 a year make that change in their life and have the hope of the real life to come. It's time to make the change, don't you think? Email me for more information.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Drugged by My Parents! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: