Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  11:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so happy! We are having our first snow storm!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Snow with expected sub-zero temps and wind. I dread the extra work trying to keep the gates clean and the animals warm and fed. We are expecting an additional 4 to 6 inches tonight so I am waiting to fire up the snow blower until tomorrow. When I was a child I would get so excited to see the first flakes - now I have to just set my resolve to keep everything running in spite of it! I sure hope we dodge the bullet and don't have a repeat of a couple of winters ago. With the La Nina it could go either way....

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

Edited by - Sheep Mom 2 on Nov 22 2010 12:38:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  4:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I keep hearing we're going to have "more precip. than usual and colder temps than usual" but not record. I hope that's true. Two years of record/near record snow was enough for a while. I'm sitting here thinking that I have to get on the freeway for my drive home in an hour. Not looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  4:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Michele I hope you have a safe drive home. They just issued blizzard warnings for our area until tomorrow morning. I will keep you in my thoughts for a safe journey.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  7:37:58 PM  Show Profile
We are covered and it's simply dumping... and now the wind is starting to blow. So glad the nephew made it back to Idaho, they almost got stuck on the pass. All the family is finally back at home or close by for the evening. Just praying people stay home and not need 911 in town tonight. No more trips down the hill in the Ambulance or bombing around in a Firetruck tonight.... please!!

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  7:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I guess I am weird because I love what all the seasons brings. To me its a blessing and I know God knows what is best.
Hugs to you all and I will be praying for you!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  8:05:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you, Hannah - I love the change of seasons. I also really love the first snowstorm - as long as I don't have to go out in it! ;) After the winter we had last year, though, I'll be happy if we only have a few snowfalls this year! But no matter what we just HAVE to have one for Christmas! Keep warm and dry, girls - and be safe! I'll say a little prayer for all of you! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  8:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Yes...its snowing! We have about 8 inches here and it's still snowing. I can walk (or ski) to work through the golfcourse so I don't have to worry about driving. Therefore I enjoy snow and I always love it when it comes. It makes everything so fresh and bright here in an otherwise gray western WA winter. My stepson left at 3PM to pick up his girlfriend in Seattle, and he still hasn't gotten there yet. Sounds like traffic on I-5 is a royal mess. Hoping everyone on the road gets home soon and safe!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  8:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hope it snows on Christmas too! I was listening to Christmas music on the radio today and watching the snow fall and it really felt like Christmas. :) But I told myself that its not even Thanksgiving yet. lol

Marilyn, Praying for your son! :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  06:28:44 AM  Show Profile
we spent yesterday fixing things and closing stuff up. its funny. farm work is never done. went to bed thinking everyone was cozy. get up and the goats had tore a panel off the loafing shed. they pushed sophie the calf right out of her stall. crazy goc. hoy.pe the milk machine works toadats. well its 11 degrees. snow on everything. forecast tonight for 1 degree. yesterday i just put in the last of some free bulbs i have. we have a severe storm warning right now. hope you all are tucked in warm today. up where you wash. girls are it gets harsh. i feel for you all.hannah i do love the snow. just not the frozen equipment etc. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile
It's so cold outside, the snow is not going anywhere! It's so pretty and even sunshiney at the moment. Time to open the curtains and enjoy the view. I am only sad that this sudden noerthwest winter is going to keep our son from making it home for THanksgiving this week. But I am tickled with the snow, to me it is cheerful. Plus. Our 911 world was pretty calm last night, so I even got to sleep! I'd rather have the snow than the dreery gray skies for months on end. Here's hopin for a white Christmas to match our white Thanksgiving.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  6:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
The snow was beautiful today! The sun game out and it was just beautiful!
Hope you are all doing ok.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:58:00 AM  Show Profile

Do you hate snow, or enjoy catching snowflakes? Either way -11 seemed a bit excessive this morning. Hope all is well with you. We rode out the blizzard followed by extreme cold just fine. Lots of extra snuggles today.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  12:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - Thanks for posting the pictures of your beautiful horse in the snow. Snow is not something we get to see very often here in Texas. Right now, it's 81 degrees!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  1:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Your kidding Betsy?!? Wow!
Beautiful photos Michelle!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  6:54:14 PM  Show Profile
81 Wow! I do enjoy having all 4 seasons here. (Thanks for the compliments to my horse, he's a kick.) Though on cold mornings like today, it was a challenge. We're back up to 12 degrees now. Hope everyone else is doing okay in the (in some places) severe weather. Stay close to family and enjoy a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  9:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You too Michelle!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  10:08:13 PM  Show Profile
The cold winds are picking up here in the Flint Hills of Kansas. I went to feed critters tonight and the wind.. well.. we are still in Kansas ! lol ! Thanksgiving is going to be a cold one here. No snow in the forcast...but here.. that is subject to change ! lol !!

Happy Thanksgiving all..Safe travel wherever you are!
hugs..Kristy

Howdy from the Eggfarmgirl
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  01:57:27 AM  Show Profile
I feel so fortunate to be able to enjoy the snow. I have no animal responsibilities- the animals that are on our property belong to my daughter and she cares for them and rarely needs my husband or I to give her a hand - and I usually don't HAVE to go anywhere if I don't want to since I don't work outside our home. I always feel better knowing everyone else is safely enjoying the weather and not fighting the elements. It is so beautiful that I almost always think the extra work (that everyone else in the household has to do) is worth it. But, I sure don't like the gloomy winter we had last year. I hope we get back to our cold, but sunny weather this year!

Hope everyone is safely enjoying the beauty of their weather this Thanksgiving. Happy gobble day!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  7:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Yep we got snow too.

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  9:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is just beautiful Mary Beth!! :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  6:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Love the picture! 'specially the horse sporting his snuggie. :) Is that a tough-keeper? How's he/she doing this winter?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  6:35:13 PM  Show Profile
What awesome pictures of your horses. I am sad as we had to send our horses to a local rancher when my husband got so bad. I have had horses in my life since I was 2 and I'm now 53 ! lol ! I'll admit it ...hehehe! It seems so odd walking outside and not here the horses knickering for their treats or running to the barn. Oh well..maybe down the road one will come back into my life !

It's down to 19 degrees here tonight. Burr. But I am in for the night and ready to snuggle under my quilt with my furbabies !

Hugs n blessings..

"Live like you were diein'"
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  7:51:02 PM  Show Profile
hey Huckleberrywine...miss ya mucho girlfriend.... hows "Quigs & Scout"?

Hey Marianne,,,,snow, snow & more snow...let's do coffee next week, my house.

: > )

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2010 :  4:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well the snow has melted and it has warmed up in the 40s now. I hope we have a white Christmas!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  4:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Hunker down gals, another one is going to hit in the morning. I heard it could dump 9 inches on us. Not fun to drive in, but it is so pretty to see real flocked trees.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow in Washington!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page