Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  1:03:27 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies..............
heres a another issues ..if you are in a swap
and partners are posted contact your parnter ASAP
not the day of the mailout? if your partner send you
her address and does not hear back ..she is assuming you
decided not to swap..
one helpful hint when contacting your partner with your info
put which swap its for as many of us are in acouple of swaps.
thanks

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown

jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Dec 18 2012 7:03:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  2:46:47 PM  Show Profile
GOOD point Deborah ;) Also, it is helpful to put a little note in with your swap, letting your partner know, what swap it is for. I have read where gals have assumed something to be from one swap & it is from another.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  4:30:48 PM  Show Profile
That is a good idea to put a little note in, and saying which swap is good too. I put notes in but don't know if I wrote which one they were or not.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  08:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Hmmm How to begin...I just found this today and have been "baffled" for lack of a better word...I am not sure the exact time..maybe a year ago..I received a package...with a note saying...something about being late on an apron swap!!! I had not signed up for any swap..I was so shocked...I sent the sender a note and told her I did not know I was in a swap...BUT...that I would get an aron and get it sent to her...that being said... I went to an artist friend and took a class..painting an apron with vintage kitchen ware etc...paid for the class...and sent the apron.....I am not good at "stepping" out there and joining in but love the closeness you all have...Okay all that being said....I followed thru with a swap..#1..because I received an apron...#2..I did not want the person who sent me the apron to not receive anything...Girls....I HEARD NOTHING FROM HER!!!! To this day...I have heard nothing..I believe I did look thru the swaps and found an apron swap with said person on it and the name of her swap and I think I emailed her so she would know IF and Why she might not receive her apron...and I think she cantacted me..(if i were more computer savy, I might find the thread for the swap again)..I still hesitate to join in any swap..I had bartered once or twice I believe and it was great..(thanks again girl! I received aprons!! ) ..and signed up for 2 giveaways...(and won!!) but the apron thing shocked me..I still wonder how I ended up in a swap...?( I also have a picture of the apron and my instructer) Sooo..do as we have all learned in life..do unto others as you would want done to you....I will continue reading the boards and enjoying all of you..wishing I could one day meet some of you...Blessings and keep having fun!! Shirl..

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  5:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Another little thing.. Its important to read the swap guidelines and follow the theme of the swap..
if your new to swapping its hard to know whats expected
but always email the hostess for more info
if there is any doubt...
creating and putting a swap package together is fun and alot of effort
goes into it ..it is nice to know your partner put some thought into it as well..not just toss anything in a box and send it.
Its about the spirit of friendship and artistry.
who does not love being WOWED by a partners thoughtfulness.
it can be as simple as a handmade card or a little ATC thats so
pretty and creative that you just feel the need to frame it..LOL
well i have..so many talented MJ farmgirls that really put there all into these swaps ...thank you thank you i am blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of caring women.
blessings deborah

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown

jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 09 2013 08:07:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  06:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, please excuse me, but I so need to vent. I love the swapping part of being a Farmgirl, I love to craft and enjoy seeing what other farmgirls are making since they are so much more creative crafters than myself. I have been swapping since sometime in the fall of last year and I have received some very nice finished crafts and some very nice extras too but sadly so far I have had at least 4 swaps unanswered. Not a return swap, a letter of acknowledgement, they just disappear. I know there is nothing I can do, but I just needed to voice my disappointment. On a better note, I have had quite a few great swap partners and if they happen to read this they know who they are and I thank them.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Let all that you do, be done in love. I Corinthians 16:14
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenne, Sadly, this happens to all of us at one time or another...As a swap hostess from time to time, I will try to angel (make up the swap that a partner did not get) swaps for the partners of the swaps I host. It may take a little time but I do not like for anyone to be disappointed. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Beth. I appreciate your imput and anyone else who had a similar experience. I enjoy the swaps so much. They are a great way to show the Farmsisters how much we enjoy them.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Let all that you do, be done in love. I Corinthians 16:14
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  10:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenne
Beth is right..it is sad .. one shouldn't join a swap if they are alright overwhelmed and not acknowledging that you received a swap package, that someone put so much into.

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Deborah
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 20 2013 06:31:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Swap Etiquette Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page