Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 quick! I need an idea for thanksgiving craft
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic quick! I need an idea for thanksgiving craft Next Topic  

bakermom
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Linda
Garden Grove CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile
Almost every year, our small family gathers together at my house for this holiday dinner. Throw in a neighbor or college age friend too far from home. This year we will have maybe 12 people. (we are in socal and the bulk of the family is in OR or WA.) Since the house is small, we hang quilts up around the patio, put out extra tables and chairs, spiff up the coop, move the dog house, etc. and eat outside. 99% of the time, weather permits.
Hubby is a wiz at setting out china and crystal. (go figure) anyway, I like to kick start the holidays with a craft for everyone, or something to do together besides eat. Admittedly sometimes everyone is so busy gabbing and catching up, we may never get around to it, but we have filled glass ornaments with things and painted them, made gingerbread men, decorated gingerbread houses. I need an idea for this year. There are more men than woman. I am toying with the idea of the "initial gift" I read about on the forum instead of a craft. But thought some of you might have just the perfect idea.
thanks in advance

bakermom
sister#2064
www.lapetitekitchen.com
"that wine may cheer the hearts of man...that bread may strengthen mens hearts." psalm 104

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,

How about doing something in polymer clay? It bakes right in your home oven and the possibilities are endless. Some of the things that I have made for Thanksgiving have been pumpkins, cute turkeys, pilgrims, place card holders that tell people where to sit and so much more. You can google ideas for things to make out of the clay.
Hope that helps. I love working in the clay.
Take care,
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  11:57:22 AM  Show Profile
I had my Hubby and some of his buddies come up with a centerpiece for me last year. I gave them a small board and told them to warm up the hot glue guns and go out and find me some twigs with leaves on them and handed them some small gourds and pumpkins and told them to have fun. I had a turkey made of gourds with a really nice twig and leaf nest and they even raided the craft cabinet for pompom eyes and a bow. It kept them busy for nearly an hour!

Christmas time we give the guys 5 boxes of sugar 'blocks' and 2 containers of royal icing 'mortar' and have them build us an ice castle for the table. We even got one with a draw bridge one year! They love building things and gettin to design it by themselves!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

bakermom
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Linda
Garden Grove CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  4:09:05 PM  Show Profile
excellent ideas ladies, thank you very much. Happy thanksgiving!

bakermom
sister#2064
www.lapetitekitchen.com
"that wine may cheer the hearts of man...that bread may strengthen mens hearts." psalm 104
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic quick! I need an idea for thanksgiving craft Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page