herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace...Welcome! If you can laugh at yourself, with others and sometimes even AT others(respectfully of course&with their permission) you belong here! LOL These Gals are a hoot!
Oh dear Cathy...do tell me that that scale-tale didn't happen to you?/!Are you still with us? uh...Cathy....? Oh dear....*giggle*
Claudia, I'm NOT a black-friday fan at all. I stay home where it's quiet and comfy...and I can let my waistband out or wear my fat clothes after that yummy Thanksgiving meal.LOL
Glad that your Mama got to eat with you? Is she like my Mama...just picks at her food?
Glad that so many of you got to be with family and friends this holiday! That's so nice!
Well, I'm off to drink some ginger tea read and maybe watch a little of the boob-tube.... and (burp)...a lot!hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  5:08:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm not planning on going shopping. I don't think any price is worth fighting the crowds, but I think some people get a charge out of it. I'm so full from eating so much I can hardly breath, shame on me.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  6:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had two of our older sons over to visit for today. We took a group photo of all seven of the children. I was even able to get them all to look at the camera at the same time. Smiling on the other hand...... teenagers...... I tell them they all have beautiful teeth they should show them. The two big boys both had braces so they know they had better show their thousands of dollar teeth everytime they smile. lol

We cook a half a turkey so we do not have to have leftovers ad nauseum.. In the summer when I take the turkeys to be slaughtered I take the males first because they are bigger. I have them cut in half. Then two weeks later I took the females and have a few kept whole and the rest cut in half. They are so much easier to pack inthe freezer.

I made the apple pie this year with mini marshmellows instead of sugar. the children said it tasted pretty good just not as sweet so maybe I will try that again.

I liked the prayers that were offered for Thanksgiving. Thank you.

I am a little afraid to look into Pinterest. It sounds so addicting to anyone who likes to make things that I would never get anything done.

I have taught my boys as well as my daughter to sew. It is a very handy skill. My mother taught my sister and I to sew. I never remember her teaching my brother but he is quite handy at sewing leather and jeans.

I do not go to Black Friday but some of my family will go tonight at midnight. They have decided that is preferable to getting up and going for 5 tomorrow morning. I think the children want to go for the thrill of the event. They are lobbying for a flat screen TV. My partner said, oh I am sure a flat screen weighs less than the old TV so Mama can carry it far more easily to put away. I guess you will have to be nice to Mama all the time. LOL I would like a TV with a removable cord so I could carry it with me when I leave them at home to do their schoolwork or chores when I have errands to run.

I really love lasagna. It is one of my favorite pasta meals. I have it for my birthday meal each year.

Who is going on vacation next? Maybe we could all make up a virtual vacation to go on together. A cruise? A resort? Who's game?

Good night everyone. Thank you for sharing your lives.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  6:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I wish I could have gotten on earlier to say Happy Thanksgiving, but have been so busy today, but hope all my sisters here know I was thinking of you and hope you had a great day. I have caught up reading all the posts but am too tired to comment tonight. I will have company until Sunday so don't know if I will get a chance to post much. Thank you Brenda for the wonderful prayer. I also love all of you and am very thankful to have each of you in my life...more than you would ever know. Hopefully I can jump on real quick tomorrow...love all

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  10:51:16 PM  Show Profile
hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving--sounds like you all did. my family is pretty fragmented so we don't get together. rob (DH) likes turkey and all the fixings, so i made a small meal for us, then later we went up to my folks for pumpkin pie and to give my mom a computer lesson. my dad has always been the guru but his memory is not what it was, so she has figured out if she wants to see everyone on facebook and email her Christmas cards she is going to have to buckle down and learn. she actually had more figured out than she realized--just needs to get over being intimidated by the technology.
the prayers were lovely--thanks for posting them. my friend, rosie, posted on facebook the original proclamation by George Washington that declared the holiday of Thanksgiving. it was very interesting to read it.
welcome to the three newbies--you have found a terrific place. everyone is so welcoming.
no black friday for us--last year we went to a little sears (the smaller version--almost like a little outlet store) and got all new appliances because they had such great sales and we needed to replace. even that little store was hopping--which was great for the owners. fortunately we had stopped a few days before and talked to a saleslady so she knew exactly what we wanted when we got there. basically all she had to do was write us up.
if we do anything this year it would be "small business saturday". being a small business owner myself i try to patronize small locally owned places as much as i possibly can. now that we have our new bedroom finished our house actually has what can function as a guest room, so we needed something that could act as a bed. went shopping because of some sales and found a sleeper sofa at a big chain store, but the next day we stopped in at a locally owned futon place and met a terrific gal who was so helpful. so we saved a little more money, got a better fit for the room and got to know a really great business owner in the bargain (she was a dog person to boot). so it was all a win-win.
you guys are all so funny--thank you for reminding me to laugh during this time of year.
have a restful and wonderful black friday, small business saturday and cyber monday! if that isn't a recipe for shop till you drop i don't know what is :-) chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  05:18:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies. It is a beautiful day here in Illinois. Today is my Thanksgiving dinner. All the kids will be here. The turkey is in the roaster and I have pies made. Now to get the salads done, and start peeling potatoes. No Black Friday for me. Not that I would venture out in that crazy mess anyway. If I need anything for cooking today, hubby will make a trip to the little grocery store. I for sure will go out for a bit for small business Saturday. It is going to be busy here today. Almost 20 people. My sister came by last night and brought my parents along to visit with the kids. My parents will be here today as well. I just hope I can hold it all together..lol. I may think twice about these big dinners from now on. I am not the spring chick I used to be. Yesterday, we did get some work done on our chicken coop conversion. It is now a pigeon coop and my babies seem very happy in their new abode. We woke up this morning to our old dog (16 year old black lab) sleeping with one of the twins (25 yrs old). We got a chuckle out of it. I think the old dog misses the twins. He has not been allowed on a bed since they left home. I don't know what he was thinking. So nice to have all the kids home. Not often we get family photo ops. With 3 out of 4 kids military it is extremely hard to get them all home. I thank God for the blessings.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 25 2011 05:19:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  05:34:27 AM  Show Profile
Here I am and I survived yesterday. I woke up later than usual after all that eating I did. I didn't just stuff myself during my dinner I noshed while I was making it and then had some candy later on. I made a very tasty herb turkey this year with a new recipe for stuffing. It had fennel, apples, cranberries, onions and thyme in it along with bread. It was mild but good. Claudia I, too, am wearing my fat clothes today.

Welcome Grace. We are so happy to have you here. Join in on all the fun and laughter. We are a great group of gals.

I like watching all the crowds shopping on Black Friday and I probably would have done it when I was a teenager. But once I had the kids I could never bring myself to get up that early. Then I never wanted to wait in those lines. It is so much fun seeing it on the news. LOL

Do any of you remember when they were selling the Beanie Babies. In the city where I was living they were all the rage and women were standing in lines which were so long they were going out of the door of the store. The women were running in and grabbing the Beanie Babies by the droves. It was crazy! My daughter bought one just because she liked it. She paid regular price and later sold it for $350.00. Can you believe it?

I agree with you Chris about buying locally. We try to do that as much as we can. I find that many of the local store will give you a better deal and treat you much better than the bigger stores. The local hardware store often has products and items that the bigger stores don't carry.

Have a beautiful weekend no matter what you all do. Happy decorating and shopping and watch out for that scale! I am not going to eat any candy ever again!! hahaha!

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  06:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
Want to welcome Grace! Also, ladies, I have ordered several aprons and pot holders from Grace. Her things are lovely and top quality always. Thank you, again, Grace!
Well, I have A Lot of pages to catch up on. Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Ours was nice and fairly relaxed. We skyped with family in Calif and that was awesome!
I got an iPhone a couple days ago. Login it, but taking this granny awhile to learn it all!!
Lol, my 11 1/2 yr old gain helping me out.
Well ladies, need to go for now. Looking forward to catching up on posts.
Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone besides me have a scale routine? Heres mine: weigh only in the morning before coffee whilthout clothing after going to the bathroom - always put my left foot on the scale first because I want the needle to go to the left - if I don't like what it says I get off and adjust the needle - step left, hold breath, look again - sometimes I have to repeat this step several times - if that doesn't work I grab the counter top and balance awkardly until I like what the scale says - when I'm satisfied I finish getting ready for the day. Now I am exhausted from all that exercise so I go eat a hugh breakfast so I'll have enough energy to do the routine over again tomorrow!!!!!!! :0)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:14:57 AM  Show Profile
to my shopping farmgal sisters - are you tired yet? Did you get the bargin of your dreams? Are you going again next year?

I went to the stores on Tuesday. I think every senior in the tristate area was shopping. I went to Joann Fabric. Sure were a lot of crafting grandmotherly types there with coupons. Wonder what everyone was making. I hit the coupon jackpot - spent $107.00 but with coupons and 'in store' sales I saved $140.00 thats more than I spent! Now the facts are slanted because I would never pay full price for some of the items I purchased.
coffee break is over - I must tackle my giant tree. Hope I don't fall off the ladder and become part of the decor. LOL Have a great day ya all!

Edited by - Thelma on Nov 25 2011 08:27:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  09:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Holly, love the virtual vacation idea. Can't decide if a cruise or a resort is my style. *giggle*
Chris, we have the "SmallBusinessSaturday" thang going on tomorrow too.I have a nice coupon to get 50% off any(1)item 30.00 and under at our Hardware. Sounds good to me. I like the hardware too. Always reminds me of the Waltons General Store. People don't realize that they have it all...and FREE popcorn too! LOL
Then I'm taking Mama out to look at some dinette sets. She's still using a card table. I saw some at our Roses Dept. Store. Anybody else have those in their towns? I believe they started down south. They move into existing buildings instead of building new ones. I like that idea. Sounds like our MJFarm slogan!
Patty, that sounded like a beautiful photo op.You could send it to him after he goes back and to the others. A piece of home and a "Warm&Fuzzy" memory for them all.
Well today is DH's birthday so, I have some things to wrap for him. Oh ya....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEALADY TAMMY! I know she gets on here sometimes off of the VirtualPorch!
Have a great day Gals! It's pretty and sunny here, but in the upper 40's. Perfect "Thankful" weather!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile
My whole idea of a vacation is not to have to do the things I normally do at home. I want to be waited on, pampered, etc. I may exercise, take walks, or go shopping, but I want to be cared for by someone.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

wandrinbear
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

beth
az
29 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  12:55:36 PM  Show Profile
How neat to have a section for us Over 50 Gals. Glad I found it.
I am WAY over 50 but still on a good roll.
Thelma, I love your weigh in routine. I'll be working on that for the next month or so. Other wise I won't have a thing to wear by the first of the year.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  1:27:59 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth, glad you are here. I agree with not having anything to wear. If I don't change something NOW! I won't have much to wear and I am NOT buying a bigger size.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  2:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Beth Welcome! Your going to love it here. Thelma love the weigh in routine. I need to start. Beth and Cathy I have about 5 different sizes in my closet. I just can't get rid of them. Just hope to get into the smaller ones.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  2:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
I rolled on the floor (like a barrel) over to our computer to see how many of you are bursting at the seams too. I am so full. I ate the best meal yesterday (Thanksgiving Day) and continued the feasting today. What is wrong with me? I am opening up the fridge door and my stomache tells me that I am full but my tongue says "taste That" and now it is supper time. Oh My I get to do it all over again!
I had a great day yesterday as it sounded that everyone did too. We usually have a big crowd at our house. But this year we went to my mama's and it was her, me and hubby. It was the most relaxing day. We have so much to be thankful for. What a blessing.
Watched a great movie on the Hallmark channel. It was called The Christmas Dog. Anyone else see that? I also watched a movie called In Her Shoes with Cameron Diaz. Excellent. As you can tell I did not do the black Fri shopping. I watched tv and rested. I did get dressed at 4 p.m. to go and walk my dog. Then I came home and put jammies back on. It was a "Me Day" and I deserved it.
Welcome to the new farm gals on here. Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend and chat at y'all later

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
hi all--sounds like everyone had a lovely, restful day. we had not such a fun day today--but its all okay now. ate leftovers (there weren't too many--i didn't make too much since it was just the two of us) for dinner and composted the crappy storebought pie we got--honestly--how hard is it to make an acceptable apple pie????? my DH loves apple pie and would eat anything that remotely resembled it--he had one piece and i asked if he wanted it today and he just looked at it and blanched. then he told me to pitch it. moral to that story--next year make your own!
having a quiet night here, reading and relaxing. hope you all are doing the same! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  5:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies... It sounds like everyone had a good holiday with family, friends, and shopping, and of course lots of food. :)
We, DH and I, spent Thanksgiving day mostly driving. We drove down to Washington DC last Sunday because DH had to be there for his job for three days. Since we were heading north yesterday we decided to detour into PA to surprise his parents with a visit. It was the first time I have seen my FIL speechless and my DMIL the opposite. It was a very nice visit.

Meanwhile, our children and grandchildren here had Thanksgiving without us. DH and I have been fighting colds and didn't want to pass it on to the babies. By the time we arrived at the in-laws we were hopefully passed be contagious.

Thelma, I love your scale routine. I gave up on mys scale and just use the one at the doctor's office and subtract 5 lbs

Brenda, I also have my closet divided by sizes/weight. I refuse to buy anything larger than the largest size in it.

I am curious, I know this topic is for the over-50 crowd, but I wonder how many of us are way over. I am 61.

Have a lovely evening and weekend.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  5:46:39 PM  Show Profile
also having a quiet night. We are having a house full of company for the weekend so am glad for down time tonight. I got 90% of my holiday decorating done today. The rest will have to wait until next week. MY new 9 foot tree is beautiful! Now that my quilts are done I am excited about finishing some hand made decorations and starting to sew small gifts. Anyone else out there in farmland make gifts?

Beth - I am also well over 50. I will be 65 before the first of the year. Who cares. I can still keep up with the best of them if I'm given a headstart or a handicap. :0)

Betty - I love your vacation plan. I like to be wined and dined too.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND LADIES! I'LL CHECK IN IF i HAVE A MOMENT.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth! Glad to have you with us!
Debra, good for you, having a "ME" day and staying in your jammies for most of it.Doesn't that feel good? I love jammie days when it's really cold out and I don't have any place to go! I can just curl up with a good read, cuppa tea and a blankie! *giggle*
Well, time to get ready for bed. I'm still stuffed from yesterday! hahaha (woddle-woddle)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  03:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!!
We all had leftovers as well last nite. Prob more today too!
I am starting to make a big pot of turkey soup as well . I want to be ambitious and make my own egg noodles for it? But will no doubt just get some when I go to the store today!!
Had to lol when I glanced at my earlier post? Meant to say 'loving' the new phone and 'gson' rather than gain! Getting use to touch screen is tricky!!
How is everyones weather? We got some decent rain here yesterday afternoon into evening.
My fab store bought pies are Marie Callenders. They taste pretty close to homemade to me!
I, too, usually weigh with Very lite clothing, first thing in am! Every little bit helps for sure, lol.O
Welcome to all the new ladies!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Farmgirl blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  09:13:49 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a wonderful T-Day. No Black Friday shopping for us. We are now up in Oakhurst with (more) family. The great grandkids are here. And Emma wants on my computer. So I'll have to check back later. Emma rules!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  09:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning friends, just checking in. I had a cold and did not want to pass it on,so stayed home for Thanksgiving. Does a turkey burger count? that's what I had. And they missed my delicious corn casserole and decedant banana pudding that is so rich we only allow ourselves to have it on holidays. That was to be my contribution to the meal at my daughter's house so guess now I will make it at Christmas. They both work and there is no way I would bring a cold into their house. Being alone is no fun. I am trying hard not to be upset with the friend who did not want to miss our get together last week so came with her cold, therefore, ruining my thanksgiving with my children.
thelma, you are a hoot!!! Keep the stories coming, girlfriend and send a pic of the big Christmas tree, I'd love to see it.
I don't do much Christmas shopping and I would rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than get into that black friday mess. I used to make quilts, stained glass pieces, everything handmade, then when the gkids got older they wanted money, and the shipping charges to Hawaii costs as much as the gifts so now I send my hawaii children/grands money to go buy what they want. My daughter here is getting a new coffee pot because I hate that thing they are using and they won't go buy themselves a new one. Granddaughter Meigan loves clothes so I will go to Target and buy her a cute outfit, and that's it. Ed takes me and his family to a beach resort in Mexico every year for 4 or 5 days prior to Christmas as his gift to everyone, so I am looking forward to that. Now don't all you girls be trying to climb in my suitcase - I don't take my computer so can't keep in touch from there.
Welcome new sisters, glad to have you here. I've been browsing around some of the other threads while sitting on the couch nursing this cold and this is the best--by far!!

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

This is try number 2. I am not even sure which button I hit to send the page flying somewhere else and erase the post.

We also had leftovers last night. I really like the gravy, stuffing and sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I have decided that I am not that fond of turkey even if I raise them every year.

I made the apple pie with marshmallows in it instead of sugar. I turned out very tasty.

I like to go on cruises. They have children and teen programming. Some else cooks and does the dishes. Some one else makes the bed. there is entertainment all the time. We have figured out that if we rented a beach house and suppplied every thing to every one that a cruise does it would cost us much more and be far more lavor intensive for the adults and that is no vacation at all.

My dryer is not making any heat. cold air does not dry clothes no matter how long it blows on them. Well I guess outside they could freeze dry but when we had the porch fixed my clothes pins all disappeared. Thank goodness we have a woodstove. We have exposed beams in our living room that I have put nails in and hung onion bags with a gourd in each to dry. From these nails I hang the laundry. It is very colorful in our living room these days. A bit of an obstacle course as well. it might even be that the woodstove dries the clothing more quickly than the dryer. An inconvenience but not an impossibility.

We had steak on the grill with cheesy potatoes and corn for supper. It was very tasty.

I think it is unfair Glenda that you will not take any of us along on the trip to Mexico. I could take a fast
Spanish course so i could be helpful in ordering the meals. I used to be a lifeguard and a swim instructor I am sure I could earn my passage if you would just make room in your suitcase for me to get there. roflmbo

The children and my partner went to Black Friday only it was on Thursday evening. they went to Walmart and the items they wanted were sold out. The store had only received 20 televisions that had been advertised and 14 IPods. I think advertising amazing deals and then not having enough to even make it past the first hour is wrong.

I am workinng on a little card for the children to carry in their wallets. One side has a verse about integrity and on the other I want to write something about being a family. Does anyone have a nice verse or saying I could consider. Most of the children are teens or older. There is only one girl. I am going to put these cards in their stockings for winter holiday.

One year we bought them all Mom likes me best t shirts. It was funny watching them open the packages becasue the first did not want the others to know what he received and then as each successive child opened theirs the others started to laugh.

tomorrow is suppposed to be in the high 50's so much for the snow staying around.

good night every one sweet dreams and no night sweats.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile
As soon as I finish my hand made tree ornaments I'll send a tree picture just for you Glenda.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page