Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MJF Mag. Christmas Iss. Contributors store!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF Mag. Christmas Iss. Contributors store!! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  6:10:31 PM  Show Profile
For all the MJF gal's that know Miss Wilma from the forum, from her store, or from the Mary Janes Farm Life Book and countless magazine contributions (including the recent Christmas issue), Mom, Violet and I travelled to her new shop on the main street of the little town of Cave City, Kentucky. She's having her annual Holiday Open House Friday and Saturday and we had a "preview" of the sale and all her lovely Christmas decorations.

If you're in the neighborhood (or three hours away like we were :)), swing on by and get crackin' on your holiday gifts and decorating. She's got so many great primitive holiday decorations, all handmade, combined with amazing primitive antiques. Such great ideas, too, to take home with you about decorating with things you never thought to use before. Wish I had a ton of money!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3323 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3323 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  6:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Gosh....I wish I could go!

Say "Hey" to Miss Wilma for me please!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  6:55:01 PM  Show Profile
OOh i wish I lived closer, I have always loved looking at Miss Wilma's blog, her beautiful gardens, her lovely pillows and other treasures. She is a remarkable person.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  11:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Jonni! David and I are going tomorrow! Can't wait! Just need to decide which vehicle to drive.....Kia Rio or monster truck...:) Maybe I can take my camera and get a few pics.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  12:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Janice! Sure was fun, even if that hen (and chicks) she brought to Burlington 2 times ago that I had my heart set on buying was gone :( That's what I get for waiting and well, not having any money!!!

The store looked great, so I know it will be even better tomorrow. When Mom and I left around 4 or so, she said she was going to be there "late" and then she answered my email about 1 am. Crazy Wilma!!!

I know you'll find lots of treasures. Magdalenes was closed, but we did go into Trash and Treasures and that was too fun!

@Karin--you would have a blast, Karin--and for selfish reasons other than you visiting Miss Wilma's shop, I wish you lived closer, too!

@Melody, will do!

Do note, she has layaway and tons of things that are on her facebook photo album from the store. She knows her stock infinitely well, and can price something for you over the email or by phone if you see something you can't live without :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF Mag. Christmas Iss. Contributors store!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page