Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Adopting a Down Syndrome baby/child?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Adopting a Down Syndrome baby/child? Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  07:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, just a few "GUSHES" . . .
Jeremy has NO self esteem issues!! He is a "neat freak" and I can count on him to organize and clean up. He doesn't live with us . . his lives in a "host home" with a 24/7 caregiver but also is out and about doing other stuff . . basically he has his own life with lots of other people involved . . . we didn't want him to be totally dependent on us. We won't be around forever. He's only 5 miles away. He spends Sundays with us as well as other times when he stays over, goes on family trips, etc.

He is a huggy-bear, very courteous and friendly, never has been a discipline problem!

And, the boy can dance!!!!! He has rhythm like crazy and moves that one can be envious of!!!

He is a light!!
Thanks for letting me share!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile
On the Texas adoption resource exchange page TARE there is a beautiful asian downs child awaiting parents. she is 2yo. you do not need to live in Texas to adopt her but you do need a homestudy.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  6:01:35 PM  Show Profile
missusprim - My aunt fostered roughly 50 severly handicapped children in the past 25 years or so. Her and my uncle had alot of heartbreak, some of the children passed because they were so sick when the got to them. Others like my cousin Jenny when they got her at the age of 2 she had slept in a drawer all of her life could not talk or communicate, the state gave her to my aunt and uncle and within a year they had her reading and communicating just fine, she is now 25 or so and is an artist. She went to this fancy school and started their ballet program for wheelchairs and was in their production of sleeping beauty here is the page for the school http://www.crotchedmountain.org/crotchedmountain/html/studentactivities.htm She really is something. Alot of the kids they really helped to become "adoptable" children and the parents would keep in touch. They get invited to alot of weddings now. I asked my uncle about it a few months back and he said it was the best thing they ever did.

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  08:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Emily, what can I say? I smiled throughout the video of Jenny. To see how far this young lady has come makes my heart sing!

Thanks for much for posting this, and I wish you and Jenny all the best!

http://onceinnabluemoon.blogspot.com/

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson in The Bucket List
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Adopting a Down Syndrome baby/child? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page