Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJF Bed & Breakfast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF Bed & Breakfast Next Topic  

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  10:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Sisters,
Have you been to MJF's B&B? Tell me about your experience please!
Anything you would add or change?

Curious Farmgirls need to know!
Ann

Love Each Other

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  10:32:25 AM  Show Profile
I have only been there in my dreams!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Me Too Diane! The bath sounds just too wonderful! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! LOL!

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  12:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my word! Her B&B is amazing! You see it often in the books and magazines. Each Wall tent has a bed that is made so beautifully with her linen and comforter line. They have wooden floors and little stoves in them if you wish to enjoy a little fire or warm a kettle of water for your morning tea. She also has some cabins to stay in as well if wall tents aren't your thing. There are outdoor tubs (suitably discreet) and exquisite food. Some of the best views in Northern Idaho and the farm crew is so nice and genuine! One of the best places on the farm is the "Plum Pit" that has a camp fire ring, picnic tables, even an outdoor bed! It's a place to gather, eat, bond and relax.

Seriously, if you get a chance to take a get away vacation at the B&B- it is worth it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile
I can't get enough of the photo's! So glad to know it's as great as it looks!! For me it would be the equivalent of visiting Disneyland! LOL!

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  1:33:52 PM  Show Profile
I sure hope to visit there someday as well..sounds perfect!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:08:27 PM  Show Profile
There is something magical about the whole place. Six years ago when Maryjane had her Farm Fair on the Farm they decided to have a Farmgirl campout after the Fair ended for the chapter leaders who lived driving distance and I got to attend. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! We were suppose to bring tents and sleeping bags and camp in the field. All of the B & B guests left they said we could use the wall tents or the beds in the plum pit. Well I got there late and the only place left was the outside trampoline so Cindy Lou(who worked there) and I slept there. It was getting pretty cool in the evening even though it was Fourth of July. I could tell Cindy Lou was getting cold around 11 or so--she asked if I was cold and I said yea a little so she said let's go sleep in the loft of the Farmhouse kitchen?bunkhouse building. I said lets go. So we dragged our heavily dewed sleeping bags to the kitchem. Cindy Lou said leave them on the floor the beds are made upstairs. They sure were--nice crisp sheets and a down comforter. It was one of the great memories of my life here in the West. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhh JoAnn that sounds so FUN!!

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Every thing about the farm is heavenly. I've been inside of one of the wall tents(Just gorgeous and inviting as all heck!), but have yet to stay the night. I'll just have to do that sometime soon =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

DyaLynn53
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Dianne
Roseburg Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile
JoAnn, what a wonderful story; I dream of visiting there too. My two adult daughters and I started having a girls only get-away weekend two years ago and I've thought it would be fun to go there. The oldest lives in Seattle and the other lives in Bend and so we try to meet up somewhere that none of us has to drive too terribly far. But my dream trip would be to Mary Janes B&B.

Farmgirl Sister #682

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Annika, you are lucky to be so CLOSE!!

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile
Diane! What fun! My daughter isn't ready to do things with mom yet, she's 24 and still doing her own thing.
I think I need to haul a girlfriend along instead!

Ann

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  08:06:30 AM  Show Profile
We went over a year ago . My husband finally agreed to go with me after years of me pleading with him and everyone else.We hitched up our Teardrop traveled there from Northern California. Up through the Columbia river gorge.The trip was beautiful but MJ's farm was the Heavenly Whipped Cream on the top. We spent three nights and it poured and had lightning storms through parts of it , but we were cozy and had so much fun.Breakfasts are so good. Farm so inspiring.
Check out our website no articles on MJ yet, but she has been a big inspiration to me.www.rosemancreekranch.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Not yet . . hoping to get there. My daughter and I are hoping to make a trip there . . . The B&B was not open this summer and I've been told by one in the know that it may not be again next summer . . . doing some construction that is "behind schedule".
Hopefully someday . . . *day-dreaming*
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile
I went to the second Farm Fair held at the farm and as Joanne said the chapter leaders got to spend the night there.
This time we brought our own tents or slept under the stars. We had a grand fire pit circled with straw bales and we all sang and told stories before we called it a night. In the morning before we all moseyed on we had breakfast brought to us by MaryJane herself. It was a great experience for me.
My good friend Nita Mae--pure farmgirl--made the trip with me. She was not well and had a heart condition but prayed she would be able to attend. She did and had a wonderful time. 10 dayslater she has a massive heart attact and died---but she was smiling. So don't be sad for her. She told her daughter it was the most fun had had in a long time. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  7:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marybeth, what a sweet special story and memory. Thank you MJF for making Nita Mae smile!

Love Each Other

Ann Farmgirl #2144
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  5:20:15 PM  Show Profile
When you live in buggy, muggy FLorida, it sounds like heaven to be able to be so outdoors and yet comfy. Would love to see it someday.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  2:37:54 PM  Show Profile
It's official! We are taking reservations for Summer 2011! Space is limited as we will be finishing up construction of the facility when not serving our guests but we are so looking forward to the 2011 season!! For details, please visit http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/bb/

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF Bed & Breakfast Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page