Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi y'all! I'm Kim and I just started a new chapter, named the Red Dirt Barefoot FarmGirls, in Rutherford County, NC. I have three friends right now who are Farmgirls at Heart, and I hope to open the chapter up to others in our county.

I'm a stay at home mom and Housewife (reclaiming the title!). In my former life I was a reporter and teacher. I like to read and always say I should write more than I do. I love a good story- both listening and telling. I knit a bit and am learning more about cooking and sewing. I used to quilt, so I hope to pick that up again soon.

My Husband Dear laughed and said that criteria must not be checked if I can be considered a farmgirl, but I think the two new chickens automatically qualifies me! :)

We hope our new chapter can learn the home arts of canning, cooking, gardening, quilting, sewing... everything we can learn and more!

I look forward to learning and sharing here and am glad to have found Mary Jane's Farm.

Kim in NC

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  6:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Well Welcome Kim!! I LOVE your chapter name..cute cute cute!!
You sound great and having 2 chickens for sure qualifies you!!! Haha..even farmgirls at heart who arn't likely to ever have chickens are sure welcome in this group. We have a little bit of everything here..and that makes it fun!! I am glad you found us!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  7:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kim! It sounds like your chapter is up and running like a well-oiled machine. I'm glad to know that you don't consider housewife to be a dirty word!! The only chickens I have are the two sitting on a shelf in my kitchen. Can't convince DH to get anymore since the last ones we had were killed.
TO be sure- if you want to learn abot anything farmgirl oriented, this is the place to be!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kim,

Welcome and look forward to getting to know you. Congrats on starting your farmgirl chapter.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  9:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kim! Be sure to get in on our Anne of Green Gables Round Robin story and show us your stuff! Also if you write poetry we have a forum to post that too!
Blessed Be!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  02:04:04 AM  Show Profile
good morning miz kim and welcome! let's start hearing those stories .. we all love a good story! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  11:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kim! Two chickens is two more than I have! But as Maryjane says we are farmmgirls at heart and I sure look forward to hearing more about you.

Hubby and I travel to North Carolina about once a year and love it there.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the forum.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  1:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kim-this is a great place and you will fit right in!

See ya around the forum! Enjoy!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  6:39:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kim,
Virginia girl here. We are the Sweet Virginia Breezes Chapter near Richmond, VA. It consists of me, my two little daughters and one neighbor from Wales! We don't have any chickens, but we want them soooo much!

You will love it here at Mary Jane's Farm. This is a community like Mt. Airy!! So be sure to come on back now, ya here? (I used to live in High Point, NC. My daughters were bot born in Greensboro.

Jump in, we love to sew aprons, got a lively group over there!! Share your stories and your poetry and some cookin' tips too!

Georgann (aka: Everybody's Aunt George)
Go to Top of Page

Boxbreaker
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Tia
Lancing TN
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  4:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girl!!! Thanks for telling me about the site; you and Ohio Girl kind of did a combined effort and either way I'm glad to be here! One can never have enough places to yammer on about chickens, gardens, aprons, FOOD :D.....

But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people because they enact their dreams into reality with eyes wide open.
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  6:42:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warmest welcome, y'all! And I'm so glad to see my New Southern friend Tia here too... she's definitely a farmgirl at heart...

Kim in NC, up to my eyeballs in sewing projects!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hidy from North Carolina! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page