Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 More Old Button Project Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic More Old Button Project Photos Next Topic  

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  3:47:25 PM  Show Profile
I was cleaning today hehehe and found these things practically buried beneath books etc. The Button Button Who's Got The Button box is easy - just use the permanent black marker for the lettering and use real fabric patches and add stitch lines with marker, glue on buttons - also use a toothbrush in paint to give the speckled effect you see and you are all set.
The little sampler once again uses the marker and old buttons - you could easily make this larger and stitch the letters.
I can't wait to work on the MaryJane sampler - I think you will all like it - I used to be real crafty but now there seems to be not enough time in the day. I miss doing things though and may start up again. Someplace in the attic I know I have a big box of buttons to find - and share with you all! Who knows what I will find next in this monstrosity of a house

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  4:11:06 PM  Show Profile
How pretty, very talented. Hmm, I have tin full of my grandmothers old buttons!!!

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  6:36:05 PM  Show Profile
kATHY,
Such cute ideas, you are right, not enough hours in the day. can't wait to see your MJ sampler.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  08:08:37 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, really cute stuff. Maybe I should get my buttons out of the old yogurt container and make a cute box too!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:12:31 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,

Love the things you made. I had to view them at home, work won't let me look at photos or blogs-it blocks them. Boo. Oops - I guess I'm supposed to be working!! Oh well - I check out the site on my breaks. Anyway - beautiful ideas - now I guess I've got another project to put on my list!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic More Old Button Project Photos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page