Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hachi - A Dogs Tale - on Hallmark Channel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hachi - A Dogs Tale - on Hallmark Channel Next Topic  

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  12:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Did anyone watch Hachi- A Dogs Tale on Hallmark Channel? I am still in tears!. I don't know which one was better looking Richard Gear or Hachi the dog, besides that the story line of a dog and his loyalty to his owner what a wonderful and heart warming story.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  12:15:08 PM  Show Profile
The original news article was equally amazing! I'm glad they made it into a movie--can't wait to see it!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  1:20:54 PM  Show Profile
I watched and it was so good. I love dog stories and this one was really good
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  6:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I was sobbing for that poor dog. I have always loved looking at Gere! I have a dog that can't let me out of her site. Either one of us will be crazy if something happens to the other. Hallmark is awesome...I love their stories.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  6:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I was sobbing for that poor dog. I have always loved looking at Gere! I have a dog that can't let me out of her site. Either one of us will be crazy if something happens to the other. Hallmark is awesome...I love their stories.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  8:58:53 PM  Show Profile
That's the one I can't watch. I go into a massive depression just watching the trailer of the movie so I know I wouldn't do well watching it. Dog's are such loyal friends, it breaks my heart to hear of these unending devotions. But usually I love Hallmark movies! I'm sure this one is a well made one, I just can't stand wathcing a poor dog mourn like that.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  9:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am the same way Audrey! I know the story a bit- that the dog always waited for his master at the train station until one day he did not come home and the dog lived the rest of his life at the train station waiting for his master. It just breaks my heart thinking about it. My dog Sky is a bit like that. She won't eat unless I am there. For the first week she won't eat at all and after that she only barely eats enough to live. It's so hard if I have to go away and come home to rehab my dog from being starved :( My husband even tries to cook her special food and she ignores things like steak even!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2320 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2320 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  06:34:10 AM  Show Profile
I watched it and it was so moving. I cried for the poor brave dog. What dedication, loyalty and love. Certainly makes me appreciate our loyal dog.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Woolgrower
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Missouri
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  09:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Woolgrower a Yahoo! Message
I watched it with a girlfriend and we have now sworn off the Hallmark Channel for good. For heavens sake did they need to go on soooo long with the sad music and that FACE?

It got so pitifully sappy that as my and my friends eyes are welling up, I feel the giggles begin to rise in my throat and then erupt in uncontrollable laughter mixed with the tears. We kept saying "the dog is just an actor dog, its not real its not real!" and I just found it too funny that we were getting so emotional about this movie!

So we both cried and laughed at the same time and then of course realized it was based on a true story and that sent us into another fit of laughter mixed with tears. (I think you had to be there.) Our combined 6 dogs were looking at us like we'd lost it until we begged them for cuddles and the happily obliged.

And no, we hadn't been drinking...just worming sheep :).
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  09:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Woolgrower- I can totally see that! I am like that too- if it's a kid or animal story and I get all sappy then I have to hug and cuddle (huggle?) the kid or dog!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  11:11:51 AM  Show Profile
I saw the movie also this weekend. I was with another female and 4 grown men, not a dry eye was left in the room; I also just wanted to love, hug and cuddle my own dog, but we were 4 hours from home; such a great story of dedication!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  3:35:34 PM  Show Profile
I watched it and sobbed so hard....
I can't stand that pain in my heart...
I cried so hard for the dog... I felt his pain and loneliness.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hachi - A Dogs Tale - on Hallmark Channel Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page