Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 5

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'm so glad you like everything! It was so wonderful to craft and find little goodies for you. I am so blessed to have met you and call you friend and sister! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  05:05:04 AM  Show Profile
To Nini, I have been so very blessed by all of your kindness in this swap. I was tearful reading your letter about how it is being the Mom in a houseful of boys (mine range in age from 49 to 8!) Your gifts have all been so thoughtful but your letters are ones that I will save and re-read over the years. Thank you, so much! I also want to thank you for all the support you give me here in these forums. I can tell that you and I are so very much alike and will always treasure your friendship. Blessings to you and Merry Christmas....love, Star

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  07:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Star... Like I said, I'm going to miss the Secret Sister fun, but we'll still have Farmgirl Sister sharing time! :) I was especially happy to have been picked as your Secret Sister because we've got the "only girl in the house" thing going! I wanted each little package to be something a just a little bit special for you, simply because I know from experience that when you're the only girl you can really get lost in the shuffle - even feel a little left out sometimes - even though the guys would never mean to make you feel that way in a million years. My "boys" are 47 and 14, and although I love 'em to bits, having this special time as your Secret Sister has filled a place in my heart that they simply could not have; it's a fun "girl thing" that they would just never understand. I've treasured every moment. I'll definitely be thinking of you and dropping in with a letter to you every now and then, because to be truthful, I'm going to miss our weekly "get-togethers!" We may not have been there in person over the past few weeks, but we've been there in heart and spirit. That will always be the case, my friend! :)

Oh, and one last thing before I go - I have to tell you: my son thinks you have the COOLEST name in the whole world! He's told just about every one of his friends about it. They all think it's awesome! :)

God bless you and your loved ones, and have a very blessed and Merry Christmas, too!

Love,

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 18 2010 07:50:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  1:43:27 PM  Show Profile
Betsy, What a wonder you are!! Betsy has been my secret sister in this round and she has sent some amazing packages. Her revel pacage was no different. A beautiful sock monkey who is now keeping me company at my desk (while I do icky end of the year stuff for our accountant) a beautiful christmas cd and the cutest crocheted ornament with a candycane weaved through all packed in a sweet christmas bag!!! What a wonderful secret sister you have been Betsy, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for brightening my days!!!

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  1:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Kathy "Idaho Shamrock" - thank you for being such a wonderful Secret Sister. My reveal package was so awesome with a tote bag with a quilt applique, soaps, bath poof, snowman decoration, socks, tea, a patriotic bear pin, and the most beautiful teacup. And, of course, the incredible handmade card. I love everything in the package and I have loved having you as my Secret Sister. You are one special lady!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

dragonflyhoneybee
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Melissa Carr
Concrete WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  1:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I just finally got a chance to get on here to report my secret sister reveal package was AWESOmE! My secret sis Terri Holland sent me some cute Christmas Mickey Mouse socks (long so I can pull them up-I always pull my tube socks up to my knees:) lol!), as well as a little note book for my purse and the best little handmade necklace with a DRAGOnFLY! How awesome:) Thanks so much Terri for all of the wonderful gifts! You were a great secret sis!

Visit www.honeybeeholistics.com for Organic Handmade Items for Bath, Body & Home!

Also visit me at:
honeybeeholistics.etsy.com
honeybeeholistics.artfire.com

Check out my blog for monthly specials!!
honeybeeholistics.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  2:18:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa
I am so glad you liked the gifts. It was fun sending them to you and being your SS. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Terri

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  08:39:12 AM  Show Profile
@Tex Betsy, I am so glad you liked your package. I had fun putting it together. I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Consider yourself hugged! Take care and God bless,

Kathy

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellee
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

melissa
hampton va
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  3:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Send mellee a Yahoo! Message
oh I so forgot to post that my secret sister is Julie. She has brighten my days when her packages or letter have arrived; she sends such thoughtful and delightful gifts she is truly an angel. This last round she sent me a melange of homemade kitchen accessories: pot holders, an oven mitt, and a great apron. There was also and stocking chock block full of delightful goodies; I cannot even begin to name it all. Then there was a stitched card full of homemade chirstmas tags and cards. I have been truly blessed to have her as my secret sis.

I want to sent a thanks out to my penpal Debbie for the lovely dish towel and note; your letters and cards have given me a lift everytime I receive one.

And Terriholland, I was your secret sister and I hoped you received the two packages I sent out on the 14th; sorry for the lateness. My last day of school was the 10th, so I was caught up in exams and papers.

I hope all of my farmgirl sister have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Melissa
Farmgirl #2143

there is beauty in all things.
Go to Top of Page

youngbunny
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Jeri
Kirkland WA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  8:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kangaroo Kate for the beautiful gifts this swap. Thank you for your recent package of the softest stuffed bunny ever, my kitchen towel and potholders (always in need of) place mat, chocolate and writing tablet. Very much appreciate all of your useful gifts. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and healthy, happy, prosperous New Year and I will write you after this crazy, chaotic holiday season. You are a true gem!

Simpler Life = Happier Life!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  05:13:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Jennifer(arabianhorselover) for being such a great SS! I loved each and every item you sent and what a great final revel package!! I love the basket , cookies, cup, stamps, paper, confetti and cookie cutters! I hope you and your family have a Blessed Christmas as you have blessed mine. Thanks again Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  7:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa (Mellee)
I haven't been able to pick up the packages you sent just yet, but they are at the post office. My hubby's truck broke down and he had to order parts, so I have been taking him to work at 6:30am and we don't get home till he gets off at 6 pm. Of course the PO is closed at both hours, but thank goodness we are off for the holidays starting Thurs, so I will be able to go and pick them up. I can't wait to see what surprises you have sent. I'll post again so I can tell everyone all about it.
Thank you so much!
Terri

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:12:57 AM  Show Profile
my secret sister is probly feeling really unloved cuz she hasn't gotten anything in a very very long time from me..she deserves so much better--well....the box is in the mail as of today- priority thru the USPS so it may hopefully still arrive at least before Christmas....the heart and the soul were there- life just really got in the way....
big farm girl hugs to ...........

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  12:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa (Mellee)
Finally I got to the PO this morning and picked up my wonderful gifts you sent as your reveal. OMG...loaded with goodies, scrapbooking Christmas stickers/borders, Santa Pez dispenser (love those), post it note w/Santa, Mint Tea, Black crocheted scarf, sled Christmas ornament, and a beautiful necklace I can't wait to wear. Lovely, all of it! THANK YOU, you are the best!
I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  5:05:16 PM  Show Profile
where has my head been????? oh sisters....i'm moaning and groaning a few people back....that i wasn't a good sister-hopefully by now she has received her reveal box from me....

it has come to my attention that i never acknowledged the awesome reveal gift that i received! ouch!!!!!!!!!! dragonflyhoneybee aka melissa carr-revealed that she was my secret sister!!!just the box was wonderful and inside of it-OMG!!! lots of wonderful lotions and potions and an absolutely fabulous star shaped ornament of (cancelled )Christmas (postage)stamps, a yummo jar of her homemade organic sugar free strawberry preserves; some delicious soaps-ask my dog brody! he loved the cinnamon soap! tho he didn't eat all of it!!! also a great pic of melissa and her darling daughter......

i absolutely cannot believe that i didn't post this ......melissa was a fantastic secret sister, always seemed to know when i need a pick me up! my Christmas cards went out with address labels she had sent(made for) me in one of her gifts!

Farmgirl # 2139

Edited by - Penny Wise on Dec 27 2010 5:06:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  09:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Penny Wise~ My package arrived at the most appropriate time/day. Our beloved Rascal who has been my husband's constant companion for the last 12 years died on Christas Eve morning. Kenneth and I were heartbroken as we buried him that morning. Shortly there after the mailman pulled into the yard and beeped his horn. He had a package~ from you! What a blessing it was to open and oh and ah over all of our treaures. We loved the Hershey kisses, the lovely dish towels, the cute as pie mitten ornament, the two Chicken Soup books, the cutie - patie tissues, lush bath flakes and I am sure I missed a ton. Just typing the list makes me `smile. I am going to send you a much longer thank you in a few days..... just wanted to let you know your wonderful package has arrived ~ prayers here for you. thank you... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.....

Debi
herb19355
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  12:12:19 PM  Show Profile
oh debi-thank goodness it arrived when it did--my grandkids' presents were shippe dthe day before and didn't arrive til yesterday....
i'm saddened to read about rascal...today; i put my great dane to sleep....i'm a wreck right now..

hugs to you!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  10:25:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Debi and Margo, I am so sorry for the loss of your furry family members. We lost our beloved Kate, our family black lab a few years ago on Christmas morning, and I know how you are feeling. My husband and I hand dug her grave in the falling snow. I could hardly see with the tears running down my face...I wish I could hug you both. It is so hard to lose those loving pets, isn't it? There is so much love in those furry bodies...Do take care and know that your grief has no timeline. I hope your hearts will mend soon.

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 8th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page