Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Have Children? Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  6:20:34 PM  Show Profile
I have three children and have been having so much fun at a site called ThredUp. Basically, it is a bartering site for children's clothing. You fill a Priority Rate box with your gently used children's outgrown clothing. You list it on the site and when it gets picked you print out the mailing label (already postage paid!) and mail it off. For each box you trade you get a credit for a box to pick yourself. You pay $15.70 to pick the box (which includes the shipping and the rest of the fees).
This is much cheaper than buying at consignment shops and even thrift stores (unless you can find those awesome sales once in awhile!). Trading one box of my children's clothes and paying $15.70 for a box is worth it to me. I search for the really good boxes packed full of good brand names (Gymboree, Gap, Hanna Andersson, etc.). My children can wear these for a year or two and if they are in good condition I can sell them for more than I paid afterwards.
My average picks come with about 10-12 items in each box. The smaller sizes often have 15-20 items in a box! I've traded for four boxes so far and have been very pleased with each box. I hear that a few people receive bad boxes but the customer service is really good. I don't want this to sound like an info-mercial (and I don't get payment for talking about them!) but wanted to let all you mamas know about this site. It's a great way to get clothing for your kiddos! You can find more info at www.thredup.com
Does anyone here already use that site?
-Elizabeth

MamaCrunch
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Nasvhille TN
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  8:04:21 PM  Show Profile
That's such a great idea! I'm checking out the site right now.

Thanks for sharing!

Farmgirl #2161
Just tryin' to homestead in the middle of a suburban neighborhood!
Blog~ http://thelittleboygreen.com <<I've been slackin' on the updates!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Have Children? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page