Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I'm home... FInished! Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  06:43:43 AM  Show Profile
and the spiders have taken over! So after getting a few days with the BF I'm hitting it hard. In between preparing ketchup, salsa,and more peaches, I am going to clean the house from top to bottom. And I have four days to do it in as I have company coming on Thursday!

Laundry in right now so I will also get to water the poor plants that were neglected in my absence. So let's see if I can do this. I'll update as I need a break.

Room 1 - Kitchen. Cleaned out refrigerator. Wiped down all the counters and appliances, including the top of the fridge. cleaned a final time after canning. Wiped down the table and swept. Recleaned after days of canning and swept. DONE!
Room 2 - Bathroom. Changed Cat Liter. Washed and hung to dry 3 of 3 loads. 3 of 3 loads put away. cleaned, sink, toilet, shower. Washed shower curtain. Scrubbed floor. DONE!
Room 3 - Library. Dusted. Vacuumed. Made up the extra bed. DONE!
Room 4 - Living space. Sorted through all the mail. Took the recycling. Dusted the desk area and window sills. cleared the desk and bundled the escaped wires. Vacuumed. Dusted. Repotted avacado plant. De bugged and Vacuumed TV area. DONE!
Room 5 - Bedroom. Unpacked and put away the luggage. Still a few piles to go through though. Finished picking up odds and ends. Dusted, de-cobwebbed. vacuumed. DONE!
Room 6 - extra bath. dusted, cleaned toilet & Sink. Swept. DONE!

More canning than cleaning going on, but the smell of peach is wonderful.
Ketchup now added to the list.
Salsa and started spaghetti sauce.
more salsa ( red and tomatillo, veggie broth, and finished spaghetti sauce

Best Growing

Edited by - Montrose Girl on Oct 07 2010 08:43:48 AM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  6:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Wow do you have a full week ahead of you! Good luck getting everything done. Remember not to wear yourself out too much or you won't enjoy your company!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  07:51:46 AM  Show Profile
you are a busy farmgirl for sure. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  05:57:05 AM  Show Profile
This list is helping me focus so thank you all for indulging me. Yesterday the travel caught up and I was a lot less energetic. Ended up at the chiropractor, but today I'm determined to get most of it done.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile
I did it and canned and worked the yard too!!! I am now ready for company with most of today left before the first arrives. Everyone else comes tomorrow. Whew. I think this calls for a celebration. Curl up and read my book for a little while and sit back and enjoy the cleanliness. AHHH

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I'm home... FInished! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page