Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Work in an office with phone stuck to my head!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Work in an office with phone stuck to my head! Next Topic  

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Anyone else work in an office? Sitting at a desk in a cubicle with a phone stuck to their head and feel like a (Veal)? You only get out to make copies and use the restroom?

This is why I want a farm. MaryJane are you hiering?

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  08:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I do! I work at a desk with mini wall cubicles- I can see the people around me. We answer phones all day answering questions from bankers across the nation. I try to remember not to snack at my desk but I do- it makes being healthy outside of work so much more important.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  06:05:11 AM  Show Profile
I work at a desk too - tied to a computer all day!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  06:22:27 AM  Show Profile
I work in my husbands office. I have been for 26 years now. People ask me all the time if we get alone good or does it bring tension to our marriage. We have always made a rule after 5:00pm we do not discuss any business matters. But there is some days I dread walking in the office. But if I was'nt in there for him then he would have to hire someone. At least it saves us money. And if I want to schedule a day off I can, then I catch up at night. But that is not to often.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:19:18 AM  Show Profile
I work in an office and sit at a computer all day, too. I have my own office, so at least I don't have the "cube" thing to contend with. I have a beautiful view of the Uinta Mountains from my window and occasionally a deer runs by for my entertainment.

I would, however, love to have a farm. I would like to work at my home, instead of spending other peoples money.

Awwwww to dream

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:23:57 AM  Show Profile
I work at a desk, but my office environment is a home from 1867 with stained glass windows and original ornate woodwork, no cubicles, lots of natural light...it's a very nice environment, but in the Spring and the Fall, I want to be outside--and it KILLS me to see the lovely weather from my windows!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

creativecattle
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Crystal
Saint Joseph MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  1:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh I would just hate to have to stay inside all day. I love looking at these ranch videos and hearing the stories of farmers and ranchers. You might enjoy this story of Minnie Lou Bradley from Texas. She is a pretty amazing women and a role model for all ranch and farm women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZ__J0EWEQ

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  2:41:07 PM  Show Profile
I work inside nearly all the time during the fall, winter, and early spring. The pay is zero, but the perks are pretty good. I am a stay at home mom with girls who have health problems. I only get to go outside in really great weather and then only if the inside stuff is done. I feel very trapped much of the time, but the hugs and run by squeezes from my girls makes it worth it. I do have my garden, which gets us outside a lot during the spring and summer, but it's also a learning experience for my girls. It's the way I teach a lot of science and agriculture and home ec!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Yep, Inside, at a desk, with a computer AND a phone ringing all day.....Dreaming of Home, Home on the Range! and Chickens!

Love Each Other

Ann Farmgirl #2144
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  6:29:27 PM  Show Profile
I work in an office. Fortunately I'm not in a cube although sometimes it feels like it. I have no natural light in my area. We do have windows in the back conference room so I periodically walk back there and look out when I stretch my legs. I'm tied more to the computer then the phone although sometimes it seems I'm connected to both permanently. I work for the Army so I can't decorate my office either. I'm lucky that I'm alone a good portion of the time so I can surf or knit or whatever when I get done with my work.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  09:22:15 AM  Show Profile
I work in the office. Cubicle but I am at the corner. Good thing: privacy bad thing people could sneak behind me. When it is busy I am on the phone/computers all day. Two computers on my desk. Yes I am glue to the computers/phone. I try to get up every hr or my back/ears/eye aches.
Go to Top of Page

Chelley
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Mesa AZ
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  12:45:10 PM  Show Profile
I have my own office, but have a constant stream of people stopping in asking for help, phone calls all day, and average 150-200 emails/day. It's good to be busy, but some days by the time I get home, I am just numb. I can't stand to socialize during the work week as I really need some peace and quiet or I think I would totally shut down. As a result, I probably try to do too much on the one weekend day I don't have to stay home to do chores (I live alone, so no help with anything...not that I'm complaining, just explaining why I do it all). I dream of being back on a farm (spent many, many days/weeks each summer on my grandparent's dairy farm growing up). It's hard work, but the rythm of work is different than an office. I guess I function better with a seasonal schedule. I just keep dreaming about it and know one day, I will make it back to the country. I hope we all do(at those who truly want to).

--chelley.

Farmgirl Sister #2323

...returning raw foodist....new knitter...happy 1st time homeowner...Wisconsin FG currently living in the desert...
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Work in an office with phone stuck to my head! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page