Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Does anyone else have one of these?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Does anyone else have one of these? Next Topic  

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  9:54:20 PM  Show Profile
I went to the flea market today and bought a vintage coffee grinder, as featured in the MJF magazine on page 92 of the Aug/Sept. issue.

While mine is not cast iron (I found 2, but they were about 30/each and I am super cheap), the one I got was a whopping 8 dollars! It is probably from the 50s-60s. Aluminum hopper with all metal parts. It took me about an hour to disassemble it, clean off the funk and polish it. I ground up some allspice and coffee and it works like a DREAM. I LOVE manual kitchen tools! I also bought a hand crank mini grater and a meat grinder for a whopping 8 bucks! I saw a TON of vintage nut grinders...they were so cute!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  04:40:42 AM  Show Profile
I agree with ya'........manual kitchen tools are great. My favorite gadget is my apple peeler-corer-slicer.

It sounds like you got a really good deal on that grinder.

Blessings,
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  1:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,

I have one of those, too. Actually, I have TWO of those, because one doesn't have a blade, lol. I scored a free grater that clamps to the table, which is what I use to grate my soap for my laundry detergent. The mini grater I got yesterday will be used to grate up soap so I can make some hand-milled soap. Woohoo!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Does anyone else have one of these? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page