foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  07:39:35 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, I like the idea of leaving used books and magazines in places where people might find them. Great idea! I usually donate my magazines to our local public library.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  12:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, thank you for the comments regarding the children in and around us. That old adage of children should be seen & not heard was way wrong when it came to the ignoring of the youth of our nation. If you see the mother of that young man, please tell her there are people praying for her family from areas unknown to her. Blessings on you for your contribution. :0)

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Patricia...How sad for that family...My prayers to them. Unfortunately that type of thing is happening more and more. Some kids are ruthless with the bullying and the parents are just as bad. I don't know if this is the case but there isn't a day that goes by that in the news another child kills themselves or is killed. We are becoming a Godless nation. We need to stand up before we are stood on. Children are innocent. They learn the behaviors somewhere. Poor kids that feel there is no other alternative. People need to intervene and stand up for what's right. I was just in an accident where we were a hit and run. My car was demolished. A Good Samaritan saw it happen and chased the guys and ran them off the road and held them there until the cops came. He later told us that he thought we were dead and he wasn't letting them get away with it! God Bless that man! There are still good, honest people. My heart breaks for that Mother...She will never be the same...A part of her is gone.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  2:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I didn't know you were in an accident! are you OK? What are you doing for a car? I hope you or the people who hit you had enuf insurance to cover your loss. Yes...God bless that man.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  6:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Claudia and Darlene,
thanks you for you kind words and your prayers. I don't quite know what is happening but it seems to be hitting the young men hard. I know of several who have basically fallen apart and then this. kids who know of someone at risk won't tell anyone for fear of being a tattle. parents are not parenting , families are falling apart. But I knew this family, stay at home, active in the schools mom,smart talented kids. some times you just never know, that's the scary part
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do Unto Others Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page