Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Essential oils added to a humidifier?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Essential oils added to a humidifier? Next Topic  

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile
I had this crazy idea of adding essential oils to the water in my humidifier to help with allergies/ congestion...Do you think this would be a good idea? Does anyone do this already? Vics vaporub gave me the idea...

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  05:13:02 AM  Show Profile
In the winter I've added eucalyptus and peppermint to help get through those congested times. There are all sorts of things that it'd be good to add for overall physical and emotional health :)

www.theaprondiaries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  07:08:44 AM  Show Profile
You can do this but it can gum up your humidifier. They were meant for water and some oils can be sticky after they go through a humidifier. That is the reason for special diffusers when using essential oils. A better plan would be to put the oil on something that the steam from the humidifier would pass over. If you have a cheap humidifier you don't mind replacing it will work great, if you have an expensive one use the steam passing over the oil idea. It won't mess it up the first time or the second but over time it will.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Essential oils added to a humidifier? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page