Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic 2yr Anniversary!! Next Topic  

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  07:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
2 yrs ago today, we signed escrow papers and took possession of our tiny farm in Illinois. Wow! What a time it has been. A major change from our California suburban lifestyle. The ice storms, blizzards, sub zero tempatures, and tornadoes, aren't the only differences. Even the way the celebrate holidays are different. And then there is the difference in the attitudes of people, and so many other things. Everyday is still an adventure, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  07:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Congrats!!
We have lived here nearly 4 years now and I agree ...a move has all kinds of differences. We lived in Calif before too, although in a smallish town..not tiny like this one though. We lived out in the country but rented. It is more of an attitude and cultural difference..but all for the good..I LOVE it!
It is funny how eventually you get used to the new way of doing things..even little things...or just do it your own way and go on...I think it is fun. BUT I don't plan to move again so I will enjoy the changes now..and hopefully it will be my last time adjusting. haha

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  08:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Congrats Elizabeth!! The midwest has its own personality for sure!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

prairiemomma
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Cherri
McPherson KS
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see prairiemomma's MSN Messenger address
Elizabeth, woo~woo! It's exciting isn't it! Although we only rent for now, we do have the option to buy later on. I plan on staying put! I don't ever want to move again. We lived in Tulsa for 9 years and it is different moving away from so much busy~ness. I use to not like being where it is too quiet and now I love the quiet and solitude! Hope you enjoy many, many years together in your haven! ~Cherri~

Living simply with hopefulness and joy!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  12:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth -- congratulations!! Central Illinois is the best (in my book) even with the humidity, tornadoes, bugs, etc. The people are friendly and life is just good there.

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic 2yr Anniversary!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page