Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  06:20:07 AM  Show Profile
Sharing a jelly recipe that has been requested from me.

Habanero Jelly

(Has the flavor but not hot,
unless you want it to be,
just add a few more peppers!)

Ingredients:
3 large fleshy orange bell peppers
5 to 10 Habanero peppers
1 1/2 distilled white vinegar
7 cups sugar
9 fl oz liquid fruit pectin (Certo or equivalent)

Remove stems, seeds & membranes from all peppers (use gloves when handling the habaneros...yes..seriously...USE GLOVES!) Put peppers & the vinegar in a blender & process until smooth. Combine pepper-vinegar puree & all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, & cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat & strain through cheesecloth into another pan. Add pectin & bring to a full rolling boil while stirring. Boil about one minute, remove from heat & ladle into sterile jars.

Hope you enjoy. I know it does contain sugar & pectin, that alot of folks don't care for, but I haven't played with this recipe outside of following the directions, to be able to change some of the indregients. Best always to everyone. Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  1:49:36 PM  Show Profile
Angel thank you so much for the e-mails and the recipe. I can't wait to make it. I use sugar and pectin to, hopefully I can try recipes without the pectin and sugar when I have time to play in the kitchen, but I am so thankful for the delicious Habanero Jelly. I will let you know how my turns out.

Please e-mail me your address, I have some Blackberry jelly I would love to send to you as a thanks.

Also, I will try and dig out my recipie for Black cherry/ Blackberry sauce. It's similar to jam but we use it on ice cream. It's so good!

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  08:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Well glad you got the info. Tammy.. I was very slow to try the jelly cause I'm not one for hot stuff like my husband. So I was very surprised at the very pleasant taste & flavor of this jelly. Now I do grow the hab. peppers myself & word of warning, easy to grow but you don't need many plants two probably enough. I put in four plants the first year & was giving peppers away faster than I could pick them. Well I hope someone else can enjoy the recipe, too. Take care ladies & have a good weekend.
I love recipes & cookbooks....Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Jelly Recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page