Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Does anyone need placemat/napkin sets? Pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Does anyone need placemat/napkin sets? Pictures! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  05:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi there barter buddies!
I am cleaning out some closets and would like to find a good home for several sets of placemats and napkins. Each is a set of 4 placemats and 4 matching napkins. Some have 2 matching teatowels and 2 dishcloths. I have a family member in the linens business and have been the recipient of several sets over the years. Most have never been used, or used just once for appearance's sake. There are 5-6 sets of assorted floral or madras plaid designs. If anyone is interested, let me know. I would be interested in cookbooks, teacups (yes I am in that forum!) and teapots,any sort of kitchen gadgets/appliances, bowls, Pampered Chef wares or Tupperware stuff.
Happy June, everyone.
Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 19 2006 08:06:31 AM

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  5:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I'd be interested, I might have some cookbooks to trade. (I've been thinking of paring down anyway, I have too many!)

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  04:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Katee - do you have any color preference? I'd love some cookbooks in exchange. I have to travel next week but when I get back I will pull together what I have and either send you pictures or give you detailed descriptions. In addition to the cloth sets, I have some wicker-type oval shaped placemats...probably more when I take the time to dig them out. Let me know a little more about your colors and/or decorating style.
Thanks,

Jo
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  07:57:58 AM  Show Profile
WEll, Jo,
You said my magic word, Pampered Chef, and I do have tea cups and pots, so you have some choices. Is there something in particular that you are looking for from PC that we could trade for similar value? And could you describe some of the sets you have? I'm certainly interested in making a trade. I'd be more interested in the cloth sets, I love to have linens on hand. Looking forward to hearing back from you, hopefully you will have some left. Thanks so much for sharing your bounty.

Blessings on your day.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks

Edited by - FarrarFarmgirl on Jun 02 2006 07:58:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  08:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Hey Jo, I'd love to see some pictures, feel free to email me. My decorating style is eclectic country. My main colors include red, sage, cream, and black. If you have anything more "neutral", that would probably work best with the stuff I have. (I love linen and lace and anything that looks "old"...not really into anything contemporary too much.) Just let me know! :)

Thanks!

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  05:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi friends; I was away for a weeke but am back now and catching up. I am going to scan some of the sets and let you all take a look. One set is actually of teacups and saucers (I am on that forum, of course!) Should I put these up for barter here, or use them as a prize on the other forum? What do you think?

Katee: Reading your color/style, I have anunused set of Egyptian cotton (2 kitchen towels and 2 dish cloths) that are solid black, with accent stripes of cream, tan and brown. I'd be interested in any cookbooks you would like to trade...you can email me through MJF if you like...

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile
Katee here is a photo (I hope) of the dish towel set...

Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 15 2006 08:30:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
It didn't post Jo. :)

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  06:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I tried a few different ways; I've printed the instructions from Carol's post on how to add a link to a photo posted on the web, but obviously have not gotten the hang of it. I did post them to my yahoo photos, and I also tried sending you an email through your MJF profile. Did you get it? If not, do you want to send me an email through my profile page and let me reply to you with a jpg attachment? Sorry for the frustration. The towels are really cute. I also scanned the sets of placemats and will try to get them up here as well for you and everyone else to look at. (Anyone else interested feel free to email me through my profile and I can also reply to you with attachment(s).
TGIG everyone, the sun is shining today!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  05:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Trying again to post a photo from yahoo photos: This should be a picture of a green/floral placemat - there are 4 placemats plus a matching melamine serving tray. http://us.f313.mail.yahoo.com/y5/s/viewphoto _ylc X3oDMTRlY3RvN2NuBEFjdGlvbgNUaHVtYm5haWwgY2xpY2tlZARJbnRsA3VzBExua1R5cANSZWd1bGFyBFJlc1Bvc0EDMARSZXNQb3NSAwRTcmNoQ3VycgNwaG90bwRTcmNoRGVzdANwaG90bwRfUXVlcnlJZAMxMzIzNjY1NDc4NDQ5Njk4NTE4YjIyNARfUwMxNTA1MDA3NTY-?show largephoto folderid %2540S%2540Search mid 1_22_1_53932_0_AGLGjkQAAKK%2BRJVulgsTwCTNjC4 partid 2 name Placemats - Green floral.jpg size 34816 search 1" border="0">

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  05:51:11 AM  Show Profile
Sorry - this one has been claimed by Sunshine.

Set of 2 dishtowels and 2 dish cloths, but they could be used for a powder room as well. They are black with the tan and cream trim on one end only.
Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jul 07 2006 10:26:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Here's another set of placemats only - "wicker" style - there are 8 large oval placemats ... picture is from one half of placemat placed on scanner! No digital camera ... have to get one of those somedayl

I would love to trade for cookbooks, plant and flower garden or farmgirl related how-to books, or Anne of Green Gables books/magazines or teacups and saucers.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  06:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Green floral print - four placemats, plus a matching melamine serving tray. For those farmgirls (or their SigOther) who wear size 6-8 there may be an extra little goody enclosed!
]

Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 19 2006 06:14:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  06:36:46 AM  Show Profile
Sorry girls, this set is on its way to Katee.
1 square tablecloth and 2 napkins with this floral design - there is a bird in the pattern and a column of small chinese characters along one side.
2 chocolate brown placemats and 2 brown plastic napkin rings

Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 21 2006 05:42:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  06:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Sorry farmgirls, this set was snapped up by Lynda this morning.

Blue/tan madras print:

4 placemats
4 napkins
4 teatowels
2 dishcloths

Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 22 2006 08:49:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  06:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Here's a set of Maroon/Tan/Green/Blue madras print:

4 placemats
4 napkins
3 dishcloths

Jo

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jun 19 2006 06:58:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  07:00:57 AM  Show Profile
Here's a set of maroon/tan/gold madras print:

No placemats

4 teatowels
4 dishcloths

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  07:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Here's a set of gold/olive/rust madras print:

4 placemats
3 dishcloths (used)

Optional - I can include matching gold solid color rectangular tablecloth that matches this print.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  07:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Last set that I have up for barter;

4 blue placemats
4 blue matching napkins with fringe, and 4 blue plastic napkin rings
4 pink napkins with fringe, and 4 pink plastic napkin rings

Pictured are one of each of the napkins. Placemats are identical to the blue napkins.

I have used these but they are in great condition; all machine washable. I used to alternate pink napkins with blue napkin rings, and vice versa.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  8:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Jo, I only use black as an accent, I'm not really feeling the black towels. BUT...the Chinese floral set is gorgeous and I could definitely see myself using it! (I think I have the perfect table for it too.) What kind of cooking are you interested in? I have several cookbooks I never use.

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  05:40:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Katee. I will send you an email so we can exchange addresses and work out a good trade. I like cookbooks in this order: Italian/southern/crockpot/grill/Chinese/Thai/cookies/chocolate/waffle or pancake...or let me know which of your books you are willing to part with. Glad you like the Chinese floral set; it was a wedding gift from a Chinese friend but in all the houses we've lived in, I have never had the right color scheme to use it. Hope you will enjoy it, and I will take it off the "available" list.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  07:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Jo,
Sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to you. I'm thinking I would get more use out of the blue/tan madras set since most of my house is blue. I change my dining room decor quite often and this set would tone it down a bit and help give it a more cozy look. You have quite a collection of linens.

I guess the next part is figuring out how we make the exchange. Are you able to send me your address through email so I can send you some Pampered Chef through US mail? This is so much fun to do, I love trading things out. Thanks for offering to do so.

Blessings on your day.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  08:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Sure, Lynda ... I will email you through your MJF profile with my address and you can do the same, or reply to my email directly. I'll take the blue/tan madras set off the available list.

Thanks, and I will be looking forward to my Pampered Chef goodies!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  06:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Lynda -your package is in the mail, so you should have the blue/tan madras set of linens next week. Enjoy!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jo, I will be looking for them and let you know when they arrive. And your package of Pampered Chef kitchen goodies will be mailed out tomorrow. I hope you like what I send. If you have any questions, don't hesistate to contact me. I can't wait to change my dining room.

Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda L

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  06:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Katee, your package is in the mail today.

Is anyyone else interested in the remaining sets of placemats and napkins?

Is there a set time that I need to remove them from the forum or will the post just go into the archives at some point?

Jo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Does anyone need placemat/napkin sets? Pictures! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page