BonnieBlue
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

bonnie
amite LA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  7:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Anyone ever been to or planned a Pie Party with different kinds of pies served? Vegetable pies, fruit pies and meat pies.

Any kind of help would be very helpful to me, I am thinking about having a Pie Party, but do not know how to go about it.

Thanks,
Bonnie

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  11:08:47 AM  Show Profile
I know pot pies are a good option, or open topped with some cornstarch mixed in to make it thick enough to cut and serve.

Quiches are very pie-like and usually a big hit.

Don't forget cream pies! People love cream pies.

I would make tiny little vegetable based pies and cheese pies to quarter for orderves, followed by a meat pie main course. Go smaller on the main course so you can follow with a dessert pie tasting. Either have the dessert pies cut very thin or made from the tiny little tartlet type crusts. My aunt made pies in muffin tins once so they could be cut into thirds and everyone could try lots of different pies. It was fun and I still remember it even though I was only about 8 at the time!

I wish I was closer. I would so crash your pie party!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like so much fun, now that fall apples are in season I couldn't resist making a deepdish apple pie this morning, oh the heavenly scent in my kitchen, and my family sure was appreciative. You simply cannot get pies in the grocery that even come close to the goodness of homemade, good luck, what a neat idea. Let us know how it turns out.
Go to Top of Page

BonnieBlue
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

bonnie
amite LA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  8:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Anita and Angela. I still would like to hear from others about Pie Party ideas.
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
Drought ridden High Plains New Mexico
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  07:15:57 AM  Show Profile
This sounds so fun. I've never been but sounds great! I would be so happy to go with Angela and crash you're party!! LOL I would just have like pot luck but bring a pie. Maybe split up between desserts and main dishes. Have some games to play. Or just have a "coffee" but with pie and coffee or tea. It would be social but fun! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Reina

http://reinascountrykitchen.blogspot.com
http://applesaucemom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  1:21:16 PM  Show Profile
I served all different homemade pies for my daughter's baptism. All sweet - apple, cherry, pumpkin, lemon meringue, coconut cream. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pie Party Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page