prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  3:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Finally ordered some from Lehman's... but it's on backorder, so I don't know when we'll actually receive it. I was surprised to find that Lehman's was the cheapest place to buy it online... prices for shipping on Amazon were horrendous! At one seller's store, shipping was $30 for 1 3 pack of soap! Wowza!

I can't wait to try using it for homemade laundry soap... We decided it was cheaper than using the Castille soap.

And does anyone know if you can use Zote Soap as you would regular soap to wash yourself? Does it dry out your skin more? Tell me all about Zote Soap, farmgirls! Inquiring minds want to know!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  6:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm good question! I have used zote in my laundry soap many times but have never used it as hand soap. I hope someone knows. I don't have any on hand right this minute or I would go wash my hands and arms and tell ya what I think. I have found Zote at regular grocery stores and many times at discount type stores...or hispanic markets! WAY cheap!! darn...I would be surprized to find Lehmans the cheapest too..but then you can usually figure that the quality and service from Lehmans will be good anyway. Have fuN!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  7:07:56 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE Zote..& order it from Lehman's also...
Here is a link to some of the reviews on Lehman's site
http://www.lehmans.com/store/Home_Goods___Laundry___Washing___Pink_Zote_Laundry_Soap___1085470?Args=
Sounds like it works well in the shower too!
On backorder!!! So glad I stocked up with my last Lehman's order!
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  10:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Well I personally would never use it on skin but you can.....it is not really soap but a detergent, which is why many like it for laundry. Detergent tends to dry out skin, and can be a sensitizer for some. As long as I stay away from synthetic detergents I have no skin problems, but others won't have that concern ans might be able to use Zote on skin.

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  06:19:17 AM  Show Profile
I found Zote at Walmart! It is hit or miss, but they do get it in.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile
I wouldn't use it for skin soap. It has "optical brighteners" (according to their website) in it, and I don't know what that is! I have eczema on my arms, so the only soaps I can use are very gentle, such as goat's milk or glycerin soaps. Zote does have their own site, and I think that question is in their FAQ's if I remember correctly. It also contains citronella oil, so I would be hesitant to use that directly on my skin!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  10:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I use it like a laundry stick. I also have used it to wash up a oily spill on the floor. You can use it to do dishes, but rinse well.

It seems kind of drying to my hands if I use it alot.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  11:02:50 AM  Show Profile
I haven't tried that yet, Amy, but I bet it works great as a laundry stick! I always forget about having it, lol.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Our Wal-Mart got some in!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Zote Soap Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page