berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  12:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! I am a (lurker). I had purchased MaryJane's newest magazine, and have been looking for a group in Texas. I had sent an email to two different contacts, but hadn't heard back yet! I was searching again today, and found this group. I live up in Richards, TX. This is west of Huntsville, north of Montgomery. I was wondering if I'm close enough to you to join in? I have a home business, I'm a longarm quilter. I have my own studio, and I love animals! I have 6 dogs, two cats, a bunny, 2 miniature donkeys, a tortise, and my husband is a nature lover. He's a naturalist at Jesse Jones in Humble Texas. We love birds, and things all natural. I'm not a farmer, but fell in love with MaryJane's ways! My father owned a feed store when I grew up, did barrel racing, and raised pigs and chickens. My son's are now grown, and I do some sort of piecing, sewing, quilting seven days a week! I enjoy other things, and just want to get out - at least once a month! Gas prices does keep me close to home, but sounds like your having a good time. I read about the farmers market and will try and plan to go. Is it every Saturday or just on certain days? Would love to hear back from some of you! Still wondering where you are? :>)

gloria g. a Farmgirl at heart! Feel free to email me privately if you wish! Thanks!
strawberryhousequilting@earthlink.net

strawberry fields forever and ever!

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  12:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
I live southwest of Houston and we have a group that meets that I think would be close enough for you. I have not been to a meeting yet but I am dying to. Let me welcome you, I am mostly a lurker but I post every now and then.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  1:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Cindy! I just thought this all sounded like such a wonderful group of gals. I love everything country, and I have always felt like a Farmgirl. I'll keep reading up on all of this, and hopefully I can attend a meeting. Will someone contact us, or do we just keep up with the posts? Anyway, have a great week, and thanks for writing.

gloria g.
Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  1:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gloria (& Cindy) !!
Sorry haven't been online as much as before to have time to read the different postings, as I would like to. But, I just happened to see this postings, so wanted to be sure to return a message to you. The best way to keep in touch with what we the "Southern Fried Farmgirls" chapter of us is doing, is by checking the postings/ or do a "subscribe to a topic" to be notified if someone is posting something new. We are located very near Humble, so if you are familiar with the 59 north area, where Humble is 1960 & 59N, we are just north of Kingwood, about 10 minutes from Humble. The town is Porter, so not next door to you in Richards, but when talking Texas size, not too too far away. You & anyone else are welcome, we are open for any new folks & all others interested, too. See info. on our chapter, as the location of the meeting place, updates, etc. We are hoping to go blueberry picking soon, near here. Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions on our spot/space on the forum. Best Always, Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  2:19:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Angel! I do know where Porter is. I found a darling quilt shop there on 494 (I think). I took 105 to 1486 and straight into 494, turned right and it is on the right! Anyway, I am a quilter, and found MaryJanes magazine, and boy was I hooked! Cindy was kind enough to email me. Unfortunately, we had not kept in touch. But thanks for reponding to us! I love hooking up with (girls) who have the same interest, and I enjoy doing things myself, hand made items, and foods. So I'll be checking this out, and hopefully will get to meet some of you all soon! Please keep in touch. Again thank You!

gloria g.
Richards, TX
Strawberry House Quilting

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Glad to hear about the "Southern Fried" Chapter in Texas. I live in north Texas and started the Howdy Ya'll chapter about 14 months ago. However, it really never got off the ground so I guess that you could say that it is an inactive chapter.

There are 3 of us who have been trying to meet in Dallas so maybe things will get moving here in North Texas one day soon.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Connie, yes, I am having a hard time connecting with the girls in Porter, so I thought I would start a little chapter here near me as well. Haven't named our chapter yet, but there are two of us. Love to hear from anyone, give us some ideas and all. I'm a quilter so I'm trying to get some of my quilting friends to join in. Kinda like a farmgirl quilting bee! :>) Let me hear from you, and good luck! I just love reading all the forums on MJ's site. They are all such a great group of people!

gloria g.
Richards, TX
North of Houston

Go to Top of Page

Shaklee Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Angel
Porter,Tx. (N.Houston area)
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  06:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, just a note to let you all know, we the Southern Fried Farmgirls have our monthly meeting tomorrow, this Saturday the 8th of July at 9am here in Porter at the Knox Feed store just a block off of 59 North, easy to get to. We would love to have anyone come on over, visit or join or just say hello. So wanted to open an invitation to anyone able or interested. Best to all that life has to offer & take care everyone!! Angel

Sharing & Choosing Healthier Alternatives
Checkout www.shaklee.net/allen
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  10:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi, i am also in north texas, and tried to start a chapter here but texas is soooo big and so far, i'm a chapter of one. i know springtown and it is in north texas and still it is about 2-21/2 hours away from me. anyway if any north texas girls want to start a group or if there are any farmgirls out there that want to start a group please email me.
thanks
fran
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  10:28:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm in N. Texas right now, but will be moving closer to Hillsboro/Waco soon... (knock on wood!) Is that too far away from you, Fran? Meeting halfway (Dallas area) would still make it an hour away for all of us...

(I so wanted to find land up there in Bonham but we never found anything that worked for us. Finding this land down here was a big surprise to us but it fits all our needs...)

My Homesteading Journal
http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal
http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  9:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i somehow missed this post, sorry. i am still so happy for you to be getting your new farm.
i dont think dallas is too far but i just dont get there very often, we are very busy helping out with grandkids. anywho, erin keep us all posted on the farm progress and i think maybe in the fall we could try and plan a meeting, when it cools down.
enjoy, enjoy enjoy....this is a wonderful time in your life!
fran
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  12:21:24 PM  Show Profile

Hey Texas Farm Girls!!

I second what Fran says. Let's look at having a meeting when it cools off--October or November before the holidays perhaps.

Connie

Texas Farm Girl
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Where in Texas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page