Author Suggestions: Previous Topic new forum idea Next Topic  

Merryday
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Mary
Kansas
30 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  08:01:23 AM  Show Profile
What about a forum about taking care of yourself/farmgirl beauty/etc.?? I know that I have a tendency to "let myself go" (just like the George Strait song) when I'm outside a lot and busy with my daughter. Plus, I usually feel best when I've worked up a good sweat. Evenso, I would be interested in hearing what other farmgirls' beauty regimens are, even if its just fresh air and sun block! Don't get me wrong... I take pride in the fact that I am more of a farmgirl than a "girly girl" and have had only one manicure in my life (my wedding day). But I also have a feeling that some of the most naturally beautiful women are also the ones cruising around this site. So What's your secret?
This could possibly fit under the herbal section too so as not to be too redundant.

"As you travel through life, remember your goal, keep your eye on the doughnut, and not on the hole" - something my Pop used to say

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  09:07:34 AM  Show Profile
I use handmade soap, and a commercial shampoo and conditioner that leave my hair soft and shiny. That's it.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile
I cleaned my closet this week and divided it into "seen in public" and farm clothes. Does that count?
Other than using goats milk soap as others are too drying when you shower every day, that's it. I find at my age I look ridiculous in makeup and a good manicure for me is one where each nail is clean and all the same length. Best I can do this time of year! I figure by...oh, maybe October...my hands might look like they belong to a female again.
Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  10:35:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls. There's a thread about this topic in Here's to Your Health called Farmgirl Beauty. It's on page 9 of that category, or just go directly to:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=24&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=0&whichpage=9
and you can write new posts there.
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Merryday
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Mary
Kansas
30 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  12:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol!

"As you travel through life, remember your goal, keep your eye on the doughnut, and not on the hole" - something my Pop used to say
Go to Top of Page
  Suggestions: Previous Topic new forum idea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page