Guardian13
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Helen
Nashua NH
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  6:48:30 PM  Show Profile
I have seed moths and clothes moths and monster moths that lay their eggs into everything , they eat thru plastic and get at food, ate my furs to bits and my collection of feathers....I had some antique native american items which these little bastards ate, too...I have frozen my bird seed, I freeze nuts when I buy them, I don't buy flower products at dollar-stores anymore...I have lost much contaminated food, nothing is safe, they even bite thru bags...I don't even buy cereal anymore, within weeks I have webbies in the containers.... I have been fighting them for years...I had bought pheromone traps and moth balls, cedar chips don't help and they laugh at the old soap-trick....every day I chase and hunt after them, I vacuum them off the walls and the ceilings, I smack them with rags and towels but I am losing this war....ANY ideas will be welcome, so far I tried everything, but every year they appear when the temperature rises...I live in New Hampshire and you'd think the cold weather would do them in, but NOOOOO.....

chickenladycris
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Cris
Prairie Farm WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  4:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Eeek. What an infestation! Check out a company called Gardens Alive. They have a great selection of organic & safe pest control, including moth-related treatments.

"A farmgirl can never have enough chickens!"--me
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  5:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Yikes, those are nasty buggers. I would put all my food in glass containers. They must be crawling in from outside. A good long look at every wall, floor and ceiling for cracks would be my next move. Then I would caulk every little hole I found. If you can stop their entry, the traps you have been using may be more effective. It could be your attic and crawl spaces are breeding grounds for them. Just a suggestion. Good hunting!!

Farmgirl #2416

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Moths destroying my stuff Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page