Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 September Dish Cloth Swap MAIL OUT TODAY :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Dish Cloth Swap MAIL OUT TODAY :) Next Topic
Page: of 4

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  4:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Dear Anna,
I went away this weekend and when I arrived home your wonderful package was in the mail. Thank you, thank you for the lovely two toned green dish cloth. I am really going to love it! And your note was very thoughtful also. I have your package ready to send now and I will put it in tomorrows mail. I hope I can make you as happy as you have made me. Again, my thanks,
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  07:27:50 AM  Show Profile
!!! Rebecca !!!
The swap was for a dishcloth - you made an heirloom square of lace!
There is no way I can wash dishes with this masterpiece!!! The stitches are sooo tiny - you must of used quilting thread? - you must of spent weeks crocheting this!!! The color ecru adds to the vintage look and the accent ribbon in red is my kitchen (did you know?) But like I said, I won't be wiping anything down with this jewel. It's destine to reside on a peg rack near my sink along with a couple of my mom's vintage embroidered towels.
I am so blessed to have received such a treasure - it is truly a feast for the eyes. Thank you, thank you, Rebecca. I am humbled!!!
Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  08:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Anna, I did receive yours. I love it. Am using it on the coffee table. Can't bring myself to wash dishes with it. Have you received mine, Yet?

SusanHarmon

Sister #1958
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

caa1032
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Milton WI
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  1:31:39 PM  Show Profile
I received mine.

Life is precious! Don't wait to enjoy it. Do it now!
http://glowingdark.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

caa1032
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Milton WI
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile
I will mail my partner's tomorrow

Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  2:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Catherine-

All done and ready to mail tomorrow. Hope tomorrow morning is calmer than this morning was! :)

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  2:48:01 PM  Show Profile
I just went to the mail box and had 2 goodies in there. Candy sent me the prettiest 2 dish clothes ever. And a scrubbie. And a cute pack of note cards. And some sprouting seeds! I am excited about those. But goodness girl. You went way beyond dish clothes. I knew I should have gone with my gut and did something else. So keep a look out for something soon. You are too sweet. And I love everything. Thank you so much.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  4:06:29 PM  Show Profile
WOW

Ladies, you are awesome we are still a few days away from mail out and you are close to being done!!!!

Well done Farm girls !!!

If you enjoyed this one, I have posted the Halloween one today for sign up.

Also, I am sure deep down everyone knows this....but I am going to say it anyway. There should be no expectations with the dishcloth swaps besides sending a dishcloth that you made to another farmgirl. If you have the means, time or loaded craft room like me and would like to share some of that with your swap partner that is a bonus! I am sure your partner would be grateful but at no time should anyone feel uneasy that they cant!

Farmgirl spirit is about giving and funding the US Post Office with all our swaps :)

Hugs to All

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  4:27:13 PM  Show Profile
Ha ha!! Love what you said about funding the US post office, I sure feel some times like it is my personal mission to do so! But a small price to pay when it means sharing farmgirl goodness :)

My dishcloths should go out Tu or W to Alicia. Thought I'd have it out a week ago but life keeps happening lol.....

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, I hear ya about "life keeps happening". That was this morning!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  07:19:32 AM  Show Profile
I am mortified! The post I sent to REBECCA should have been to SUSAN HARMON. You could call it a blonde, senior, whatever moment, but I was distracted by a daughter who insisted on talking while I was emailing.
My fault totally, sure wish I hadn't done that. Ugh!

The magnificent "dishcloth" was created by SUSAN HARMON to whom my heartfelt thank you is intended. Susan, please forgive me - oh, how crushed you must of felt when you saw my post. I even emailed Rebecca to express my appreciation (her reply is how I realized my goof!)

I am sooo sorry for any hurt feelings my air headedness may have caused. I truly adore your work and appreciate you for giving soo much of yourself to me.

With apologizes & gratitude,

Anna

(Diana, I REALLY can have two partners - please give me another chance - lol)
Go to Top of Page

caa1032
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Milton WI
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  2:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Janna your dish cloth is in the mail. Thank you for the beautiful acorn dish cloth. The pattern is so neat. Thanks also for the cool bar of soap.

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Dear Anna, there are no hurt feelings on my part. I`m glad you like it and hope to swap with you again. Sisters we are! Blessings Susan

Sister #1958
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  11:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Dear Susan,
What a good sport you are, but I must say you set the bar very high for me to please Anna! LOL! I do hope Anna might be able to post a picture of the beautiful lace. You must be a very talented needle woman. Isn't it wonderful to have all these great Sisters to laugh and share with?
Fondly,
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  09:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Dear Rebecca;
I am so glad to have finally met a group of women such as our Sisters. I love handmade gifts and have not had others to share with in a long time, Family excluded, they love it too.

Blessings
Susan

Sister #1958
Go to Top of Page

hivemama
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Janna
Zeeland MI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  6:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Cindy-
I got home from being away all weekend, and what a fun surprise to find your two beautiful dishcloths waiting for me! I've always wanted to try a cable pattern, and you just inspired me. The colors are lovely! Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  08:27:32 AM  Show Profile
*******REBECCA******** I received your package!
I'm soo excited - I'll start at the beginning. . .
1st - the envelope is recycled, earth friendly! (I saved it to use again!)
2nd - everything is tied up with a pink satin ribbon, which I also saved.
3rd - THE MAIN EVENT - the cloth you created is spectacular!!! I've seen this pattern on-line, but was too lazy to attempt it. I am soo impressed - it took alot of patience, counting, attention! I love it and red is perfect for me, my favorite color, it's everywhere in my life. It's soo soft, too, I could use it for a facecloth.
4th - your note is wonderful (even matches the dishcloth/facecloth theme!)
5th - hand sanitizer in glitter-apple! I'm in healthcare - can't live without this stuff - now I feel like a girl using it . . . and smell good, too!
6th - what a great idea including a postcard from your state! Do you mind if I adopt that practice?

I am soo thankful, Rebbeca, to have had you for a swap partner. I will treasure these gifts from your heart.
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  3:09:21 PM  Show Profile
Anna,
I am glad your package arrived safely! And I am glad you liked the cloth, it was alot of fun to make. You make a great partner and I thank you for "taking me on" at the last minute. Please use my idea of a state postcard, it could be the start of a nice collection, something to remember our sisters by even after their gift is used up or used out. Thank you dear sister!
Fondly,
Rebecca
P.S. My new grandson was born this morning, Maxwell Thomas. Mom and baby both fine. What a blessing for us!

Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  4:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I just wanted to let you know that I sent out your dishcloth today. So sorry it is so late, I have been rather behind lately. Should get there in a few days!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

caa1032
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Milton WI
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  08:05:53 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hivemama

Cindy-
I got home from being away all weekend, and what a fun surprise to find your two beautiful dishcloths waiting for me! I've always wanted to try a cable pattern, and you just inspired me. The colors are lovely! Thank you so much!

Go to Top of Page

caa1032
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Cindy
Milton WI
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  08:06:53 AM  Show Profile
You are very welcome!

quote:
Originally posted by caa1032

quote:
Originally posted by hivemama

Cindy-

Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  2:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,
I sent yours out on Monday. You should have it in a day or two. No worries dear, the 25th snuck up on me too. :)

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  08:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies,

Just wanted to check to see if everyone has received their dishcloths. If you HAVENT just send me a personal note and let me know.

I have been trying to keep track and just want to make sure.

Hugs to all
Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  11:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I got your package today. Thank you so much! The dishcloth is lovely and I have been wanting to try chokecherries - never have had them! The jelly is wonderful tasting and I really appreciate it!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  2:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,
I'm so glad you like the jelly! This is my first year playing with chokecherries. I'll definitely be picking more next year! I'm also glad you like the dishcloth. :)
I got your package yesterday. The dishcloth is lovely and I love the scrubbie side! The soap smells lovely too, thank you!

A great swap!!

Alicia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Dish Cloth Swap MAIL OUT TODAY :) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page