Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What are you working on for Christmas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are you working on for Christmas? Next Topic
Page: of 2

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  2:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Tonya, I am checking your blog every day to see all the good ideas there. Thank you for posting them. I am wanting to make all gifts this year too. I have all kinds of ideas for female gifts but not so many for the guys. I did get some really good suggestions from several of you great crafty farmgirls so far. I need to get busy now. I have started rag rugs. And dish clothes. And I need to make some scarves too. I need to relearn to knit so I can make beenies too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I know that Christmas is around the corner and I am planning to finish up a project that was started a year ago--When I sent out Christmas letters I asked all family members to please write some sort of Christmas memories that they would like to share and so I am going to add to this a few family recipes along with some special ornaments I always send some sort of ornament with gifts homemade ones~~and put it together as a cookbook with the stories and pictures that I have and give out this year I have some special stories to add as well!!! Hope I explained this enough--FUN FUN FUN!!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, that sounds so cool! I'm going to make a cookbook this year, too!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  11:06:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm making a quilt for our bed, table runners and pillow cases as gifts. That ought to keep me busy. Love to hear what everyone is doing. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  07:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ladies!

If the sudden shift in the weather didn't inspire me to get going, your posts certainly did!

Megan, when my ex and I were starting out and were very, VERY poor, we started making gift baskets for our families. Like so many of you, I put up loads of preserves etc. and made gift baskets. My favorite one was a breakfast basket.
It consisted of homemade jams, syrups and canned fruit and a bag of dry pancake/waffle mix. Everybody loved it!

The secret? We went to costco and bought a ginormous bag of pancake mix and bagged it up individually for each family and wrote the instructions - "add water" or whatever. It was very inexpensive and we heard about how great that was for years!

This year, my goal is to just find time to create. I'd like to bake cookies for everyone and make mittens and scarfs out of felted wool and just enjoy life and putter, putter, putter!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

www.aweekendwife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  8:20:24 PM  Show Profile
There are so many good ideas here. You all are so industrious and good time managers!

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are you working on for Christmas? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page