Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm a tomboy Next Topic  

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  08:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
according to my youngest daughter anyway.

Yesterday we were sitting at the table eating lunch and she asked me why my guy lives with his parents. I said I didn't really know. She said he should have his own place.

I mentioned my g/f that lives with her parents. And Hallie said that was ok, because girls aren't supposed to own their own house. (I know! Somethings kids say right?) So I'm like what about me? I'm a girl and I have my own place.

She said that was different. I asked how. She said, "cause you do things with wood and hammer, nails and chainsaws. You're a tomboy!" Just by the way she said it, you can tell she's proud of her tomboy-ish mother.

BTW I don't know a thing about chainsaws, but according to Hallie I'm gonna to learn. And she's right I do hope to learn how to use one soon.

What's some of the strange things your kids come out with?

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  11:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That's cute Melanie! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  11:13:33 AM  Show Profile
That is so funny, Melanie. She's a smart kid. I'm afraid of chainsaws myself. I don't know if I could ever use one. But my mother can.

This morning my DD and grand DD came over. She said on the way here they were talking. Kansas said she can't get the bad word "stupid" out of her mouth and she might need to get baptised. Heather said she might need to use soap, that would wash all the bad out. Kansas said that her mouthwash should do it then. She's so silly.

I just love kids and all the things they say.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  11:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Awe, so cute Kristin! Don't you just love little kids?!?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm a tomboy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page